Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Power Rankings

We're 2 weeks in so we have a little bit of an idea about how things might look this year for the conference. Here is my attempt at ranking the teams so far.

1. Duluth - Staked their claim as the top team in the conference with a big win over Mankato.
    2. Winona - Had a little scare with a slow start against Moorhead, but dominated the second half and look to be a playoff contender.
    3. Augie - Have not been tested yet. Might get a little more of a challenge this week with the Dragons, but will still be big favorites.
    4. Bemidji - Jumped out big on USF and held on for the win in week 1. Alt is the real deal if he is able to stay healthy all year.
    5. USF - Was it just the week one curse again?
    6. Mankato - Surely not the Mavericks we have grown accustomed to.
    7. Northern - Could have really set the tone for the season if they had been able to hold on week 1, but they did what was expected vs. SMSU.
    8. Moorhead - We knew they had good WR, and it would seem they have a good QB to get them the ball as well.
    9. Wayne - It looks like the Wildcats will be able to put up points this year and could surprise somebody along the way.
    10. Concordia - Is Winona really good, is Upper Iowa really bad? I don't know what to make of CSP.
    11. SMSU - The Mustangs had some chances to keep the game close with NSU, but ultimately I think it will be a long year for SMSU.
    12. Mary - A late score made week 1 look closer than it really was. This week may be one of Mary's few chances for a W this season.
    13. Upper Iowa - The offense has not been good for the Peacocks. Hopefully that continues against the Wolves this week.
    14. Minot - Playing both Sioux Falls schools is a tough way to start the season, but Minot is not good.

This might be the first time in Pick 'Em history that I voted for MSU's opponent.

Who knows, maybe this is the year SMSU beats the Mavs. It's bound to happen at some point. Who am I kidding, this is definitely not the year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X