Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC - Week 3 Chat

Better get the chat thread for this week going.

Once again it looks like there are two games of the week on opposite ends of the spectrum. Bemidji State at Mankato looks to be an interesting matchup. On the other side, Mary at SMSU also looks like it could be hard to call.

It will also be interesting to see if UMD has a letdown at Winona. A pair of 2-0 teams going at each other.

I can't remember a 4 PM start for a game before at Mankato or anywhere else. Mavs need to find an identity. Lots of questions that need to be answered quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      It will also be interesting to see if UMD has a letdown at Winona. A pair of 2-0 teams going at each other.

I can't remember a 4 PM start for a game before at Mankato or anywhere else. Mavs need to find an identity. Lots of questions that need to be answered quickly.
      BSU has some questions as well as they have had a bend but don't break M.O. in their two games..... Up 24-0 against USF, win 24-16 and a close game at the half with Wayne State before jumping out in the third and then having Wayne State get to within 10 for the final.

This is the hardest game for me to pick this week. My heart and my gut are really pulling at each other.
      Millsy

Comment

Millsy, I watched a portion of the Wayne game last evening as I was crashing. Alt looked good, again. I'm growing to expect that.

Noticed their star slot receiver Malik Williams wasn't playing, but was jumping around a celebrating with teammates after scores with his mates..which made me wonder what kind of injury he had..as they did make brief mention of him being injured. Fairly impressive offensive performance for the group especially considering he was DNP. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
          Millsy, I watched a portion of the Wayne game last evening as I was crashing. Alt looked good, again. I'm growing to expect that.

Noticed their star slot receiver Malik Williams wasn't playing, but was jumping around a celebrating with teammates after scores with his mates..which made me wonder what kind of injury he had..as they did make brief mention of him being injured. Fairly impressive offensive performance for the group especially considering he was DNP. Thanks.
          I didn't get to watch the game, but I did listen to it. I thought Schultzie over at the Beaver Radio Network said it was a "lower body injury", but am not 100% poositive if I am recalling that correctly.
          Millsy

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Bemidji has given up 418 rushing yards in their 2 games, which is the most among 2-0 teams, but have passed for 759 yards, the most in the league. Mankato has a more balanced offense, but have been hit with 515 pass yards on defense against two pass happy teams in NSU and UMD. I'm thinking the Mavs will play ball control offense with their excellent rushing attack and Beavers will throw the ball effectively. I'm looking forward to this heavyweight fight and think the Mavericks will win. With games starting at 1,4 and 6pm, viewers can catch part of several games.

Comment

Alt looked good, again. I'm growing to expect that.
                Same. He's the best QB I've seen this year in the NSIC. Larson is a great fball player but I think Alt has the best QB tools. What impresses me most about Alt is his ability to release the football at various positions/levels/elevations. Side arm, over the top, across his body, etc. And he does it intuitively. Only a few guys in the NFL do that well and one of them is Mahomes. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Alt is playing for an FCS team next season that needs a graduate transfer QB. Assuming he remains healthy.

I'm still taking Mankato at home but pulling for Bemidji. This would be a huge win for their program and have them on the path to the playoffs for I believe the first time ever. Correct me if I'm wrong. Go Beavers!

Comment

I am cautiously optimistic going into Saturday's game against UMD. When WSU plays with energy and focus they have looked so damn good. UMD obviously is talented and will be a great test but I have a feeling Maxwell Field will be rocking and it will spur the Warriors on to a win.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                    I am cautiously optimistic going into Saturday's game against UMD. When WSU plays with energy and focus they have looked so damn good. UMD obviously is talented and will be a great test but I have a feeling Maxwell Field will be rocking and it will spur the Warriors on to a win.
                    This is my sons last year at Winona and I would like to meet some of the WSU faithful. I will be at all the home games and it would be a pleasure to meet some of you. Call my # and I will be happy to meet you in the stands 7734950012.

Comment

Here's my thoughts on Week 3 in the NSIC.. https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week...-preview-2021/

Comment

Here's my thoughts on Week 3 in the NSIC.. https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week...-preview-2021/
                        Great as usual, Witt. Thank you for all the time you spend to put these together for us!

Comment

24-7 Coo over CSP with 8mins to play in the 1st half.

USF has looked pretty good on offense and scored their first 17 points with the wind at their back before mounting a very quick 3 play drive into the wind with some shifty running by Thuro Reisdorfer.
                          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

The Bob's usual 12th man, the wind, making its presence known... CSP muffs a sky kick after the Cougar TD and USF gets the ball right back for a short field.
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

My goodness... CSP is just guessing on defense. Stack the box and them some, so USF runs to the outside and not a golden bear to be found... TD USF in 4 very quick plays.

31-7 USF with 6.5 to play in the half... Looks like I'll actually have to do some work the rest of the game.
                              2016 NSIC Champions
                              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X