Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

The assessment of the men's basketball team is beyond hilarious. Even more hilarious is how this gets brought up again after it was already discussed.

Say what you will about the football team, but to imply that Mustang MBB is somehow in the same boat is pretty ridiculous. Yes, Bigler is here to stay - he has a .553 win percentage and far more winning seasons than not. Why would we want him to go anywhere lol

basketball is one of the best programs in the NSIC. silly post , Bigler is a great coach. well said

Comment

covid certainly killed the roster more so than other prgrams, I also think you are right that buys him some rope. but need to see vast improvement in the next 8 games. the first 3 games have been total disasters from start to finish

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

My brother in law told my niece flat out that her September wedding would NOT be on a Gopher game Saturday. She put it during a bye week between my and his birthdays.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

basketball is one of the best programs in the NSIC. silly post , Bigler is a great coach. well said
          Thanks!

Big fan of Bigler. Alumni, great coach, community asset - I'm not going to hold a 3-8 COVID season against him in any regard. At least he showed up with his team. It's been brought up more than once in the past few weeks and I don't understand the interest in trying to tear that program down.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Agree with all that. But it's also easier said than done.

The number one thing to address is a new stadium. Every thing else comes after.
            Hopefully the stadium is built to be expandable to 12-15k as required by the MVFC. That's one good thing about that $30mm overhaul not actually happeneing about 6 years ago. The layout was nice but the actual facilities would be meh and it didn't leave room for D1 capacities.

Something like what West Texas A&M built would be the ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post

Hopefully the stadium is built to be expandable to 12-15k as required by the MVFC. That's one good thing about that $30mm overhaul not actually happeneing about 6 years ago. The layout was nice but the actual facilities would be meh and it didn't leave room for D1 capacities.

Are there any mock ups for that stadium? Curious as to what the plan would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

we stink. I had high hopes for the season too. don't know where to start.

Doubt his job is in jeopardy
                I'm not super connected with the program, but something to keep in mind with the (currently interim) AD is that he has seen this program at its highest. He was on those teams of the late 80s and is in the Hall of Honor for his play. Different times now, but he knows success can happen here.

Comment

Here's what needs fixing on the broadcast: The scoreboard operation is pretty terrible so idk if it's a glitch but that needs fixing for sure. It looks amateur and just grab a scorer from a rec hockey league if you need one.

The replays must have a thing that says REPLAY in the corner. Otherwise I have no idea if a play is live or not. Optionally please create a more professional looking score ticker.

The director needs to stop switching cameras in the middle of the play. It's such basic common sense and you don't see it done by ESPN and they have a lot more money/talent.

We are the most well funded athletics department in the conference and getting soundly beat in this area has been such a black spot.

I probably watch more of the game streams across the NSIC and D2 than most..and I'd very much agree with this take.

The scoreboard operation (on-screen) seems to be wrong often enough that I can't assume it's correct. The replay thing drives me nuts. I had this happen 5-6 times myself..as the video is being shown at real-speed so it looks like a live play. Most of the time if the ball is thrown down the field deep, there's no chance it's being captured in the shot. The continual bouncing around with camera views is unneeded if you have a good main shot from above. The announcer this year is an upgrade over the younger fella they had cheering from the booth in the recent past. The actual video quality from Mankato seems very good..but the operations could use some clean up.

Someone else mentioned Moorhead for quality broadcast....100% agree. They do a fantastic job. (this could be an entirely new thread..stream production..etc..haha)

Comment

The 30MM project was for all of the outdoor facilities, including a bubble. IIRC, the stadium was about half of the overall.

As far as stadium requirements for the MVFC- did I miss something?

Comment

Ahh, gotcha! Neat.

We grabbed a burger downtown and saw easily 3-4 brides walking around, accompanied by their parties. It was funny too, I told my buddy "it's 3:30, let's go get a burger now before the college kids make their way down and it gets busy." It was already plenty busy! Great food though, that's one thing I love about Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

The 30MM project was for all of the outdoor facilities, including a bubble. IIRC, the stadium was about half of the overall.

As far as stadium requirements for the MVFC- did I miss something?
                        I believe the stadium minimum is 10k for the MVFC, which Blakeslee could hit with some expansion, but it wouldn't be pretty. But it is the most competitive and visible FCS conference by far so 12-15k makes the most sense (with Dakotas visiting fans in attendance as well) and $30mm is about what WTAMU spent on their stadium.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	54054fe546433.image.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	602708
                          Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Are there any mock ups for that stadium? Curious as to what the plan would have been.

This was in 2014 I believe. Many of the small non-football things have since been completed, and it was $31mm for the whole renovation, not just the stadium.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X