Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Kinda like something like what SDSU did except not nearly as big.
    Weird how I just had that thought myself this morning.

Comment

• One thing Northern did, and I'm sure Mankato would do the same, is travel around the country to look at other new stadiums. They picked some of the best aspects of many of them and incorporated them into our new stadium. That is why you see many comparisons to SMSU, Augie, USF, and others. If/when Mankato is able to make this happen I would expect them to put up quite an impressive stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Millsy View Post

BSU should have waited a week for their homecoming game. Congrats Augie!
        So, this was on the Beaver Radio Network's Coaches Show last night. BSU versus Augustana was supposed to be the Shriners' Game and this week's game again Minot State was to be Homecoming. But, when the Alumni Association mailed out their "invitations" to Homecoming to all the Alums, it had the date of the Augustana weekend on it. Rather than reprinting and doing another mailing, they decided to leave it as is. LOL!
        Millsy

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

One thing Northern did, and I'm sure Mankato would do the same, is travel around the country to look at other new stadiums. They picked some of the best aspects of many of them and incorporated them into our new stadium. That is why you see many comparisons to SMSU, Augie, USF, and others. If/when Mankato is able to make this happen I would expect them to put up quite an impressive stadium.
          That's what we did too, but we didn't have to go very far.

Comment

• Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

And to me as a season ticket holder for the Wolves, I love nothing more than the high school-like visitors side. The visitors should feel a little inferior walking into The Bank, but that's just my opinion. In addition, I am equally as pleased that they have a separate concession stand in the south end-zone for visitors to use, so that they shouldn't ever enter the stadium.

Watching the progress of the stadium has been awesome, and having the finished product turn out the way it did is surreal that something so special is in Aberdeen, SD. That being said, clearly Schmidt and Co. are upping their recruiting game with the level of talent on the field and one has to assume that stadium is a big reason why the turn around is happening so fast. Many fun things going on for Northern and looking forward to another raucous crowd for Gypsy Days in week 5. Assuming a crowd of 6,000+ in attendance for that, as I've heard it is already sold out. #GoDamnWolves
            The visitors should feel a little inferior walking into The Bank..? I'm not sure what to say to that....haha. I guess if you're only concerned about what Northern fans think of the stadium..then ok. I guess that I'd rather have a stadium in which all onlookers say, "wow that's really nice"....instead of "wow that's really nice, but.." Just my take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

The visitors should feel a little inferior walking into The Bank..? I'm not sure what to say to that....haha. I guess if you're only concerned about what Northern fans think of the stadium..then ok. I guess that I'd rather have a stadium in which all onlookers say, "wow that's really nice"....instead of "wow that's really nice, but.." Just my take.
              I would agree. Build the stadium so every fan gets a similar experience. While it may not always be exactly equal, I would want all fans to be comfortable and enjoy the experience. Especially if one of those visiting fans happens to have a son who might one day be a recruit. :)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Comment

• Reminds me of going to a playoff game to find the restrooms locked. Turns out they didn't plan to host games in late November and December back in 1962 when they built it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I think anyone walking into The Bank will be impressed. The visitors side is a little small, but still offers a good viewing experience. I'm not sure there was enough space to put up any more seating on that side. Parking was always going to be an issue so you couldn't move the stadium any further west. The softball complex was also a must in terms of selling the facility as well. And honestly I don't think there will be much of a need for more than 7000 fans. Yes, this weekend is sold out but the first Gypsy Day game in the new house is going to have a huge crowd. In the future when NSU is someday fortunate enough to host a playoff game I still think 7000 will be enough for a November game. I don't know how many visiting fans travel for playoffs, its never been a concern in these parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                        I don't know how many visiting fans travel for playoffs, its never been a concern in these parts.
                        Playoff attendance is often disappointing. Distance for visitors, weather, conflicts like hunting, HS playoffs, Thanksgiving play a huge role. Students don't get in for free like in the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Playoff attendance is often disappointing. Distance for visitors, weather, conflicts like hunting, HS playoffs, Thanksgiving play a huge role. Students don't get in for free like in the regular season.
                          They really shouldn't charge students for playoff games. I know it's usually some small amount like $5, but just let them in for free. It's D2. The more fans in the stands, the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

They really shouldn't charge students for playoff games. I know it's usually some small amount like $5, but just let them in for free. It's D2. The more fans in the stands, the better.
                            Not the home team's choice. The NCAA are the ones that set that.

Comment

• I went to UW River Falls and they finally got with the times and updated the stadium recently. It was probably worse than the Blake before the upgrades. The joke was always that people had deer stands that were nicer than the press boxes. The lights were a couple feet from the sidelines so there was always a risk of a player running into them.

Comment

• Paint it blue and you have all the restrooms at The Chet! LOL!
                                Millsy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X