Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 UMary Football

I know UMary isnt well represented on these threads but I wanted to give credit to Craig Bagnell and staff for their win over Northern on Saturday. His offence looks great in the air and when that is taken away David Small Jr a U of South Florida transfer has been impressive at running back. Defensive collapses in the secondary seem to be an issue on the defensive side of the ball. If the D catches up to what is happening on offensive skies the limit. Looking forward to next week against Duluth.

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
    I know UMary isnt well represented on these threads but I wanted to give credit to Craig Bagnell and staff for their win over Northern on Saturday. His offence looks great in the air and when that is taken away David Small Jr a U of South Florida transfer has been impressive at running back. Defensive collapses in the secondary seem to be an issue on the defensive side of the ball. If the D catches up to what is happening on offensive skies the limit. Looking forward to next week against Duluth.
    We need more Mary posters! Originally I was worried that a team like Mary would regress due to the pandemic (and to a point where bagnell was on the hot seat) but sounds like Bagnell knows what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

We need more Mary posters! Originally I was worried that a team like Mary would regress due to the pandemic (and to a point where bagnell was on the hot seat) but sounds like Bagnell knows what he is doing.
      Hi Twincitiesmav,

I was with you this year about Bagnell, 1-10, 2-9, I know its early but there seems to be improvement. I like what they have done with recruiting too. When he was hired from BSU the word was he was some offensive genius. I saw glimpses but he did not have the play makers. He seems to be hitting his stride. The defensive side of the ball still worries me.

Comment

It's time to acknowledge that Danny Kittner is the best WR in the league and Luke Little is right behind him. They are 1 and 2 in the NSIC for receiving yards. QB Logan Nelson leads NSIC in passing yards. Going into games everybody knows what they will do and still cannot stop them. David Small adds a RB dimension that Mary needed. If only Mary had some defensive prowess.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
          We need more Mary posters!
          True- it would be nice to have several posters from each team. Our ranks seem to be getting thinner and thinner.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't former Carroll College coach, and Coo nemesis, Mike Van Diest set to join Mary last season before it was cancelled?? And then he never stuck around for this season... Would be interesting to see if he could impart any improvements to the Marauder D with all his experience.

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
            2016 NSIC Champions
            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
              It's time to acknowledge that Danny Kittner is the best WR in the league and Luke Little is right behind him. They are 1 and 2 in the NSIC for receiving yards. QB Logan Nelson leads NSIC in passing yards. Going into games everybody knows what they will do and still cannot stop them. David Small adds a RB dimension that Mary needed. If only Mary had some defensive prowess.
              In my humble opinion Kittner will get some looks at the next level. Great kid with a great attitude, I can see teams liking him for a special teams role and depth in practice. High ceiling.

Not sure what happened to Carrol College's former head coach, looks like he left last year during the Covid season. UMary's D line coach stayed (also from Carrol) and seems to have made a dent on the recruiting trail. If anyone hears anything let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Comment

For sure. Especially in the North. It's going to be tough to name First and Second Team All Conference Receivers this season. Will there continue to be a North and South All Conference team or will it be North and South be combined with the departure of Crookston and St. Cloud?

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

For sure. Especially in the North. It's going to be tough to name First and Second Team All Conference Receivers this season. Will there continue to be a North and South All Conference team or will it be North and South be combined with the departure of Crookston and St. Cloud?

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                      Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't former Carroll College coach, and Coo nemesis, Mike Van Diest set to join Mary last season before it was cancelled?? And then he never stuck around for this season... Would be interesting to see if he could impart any improvements to the Marauder D with all his experience.
                      It was my understanding from my buddy at Carroll that MVD was going to be away from his family in MT during football times in Bismarck (Mary)..but then when COVID hung around and such, that idea kinda faded and he decided to stay closer and ended up at Northern (MT) and is the DC for the Lights. (who has a uniform scheme that is much like Northern State in D2..just by chance, I assume) Anyway..he looks odd in this apparel to me, being accustomed to him being the Randy Couture-ish leader for the Saints of Carroll College..a school that had a dominant run in the NAIA for a good portion of the 2000's.
                      https://golightsgo.com/sports/footba...-van-diest/186

Separately, yes..Mary deserves some talk on here for certain. Craig Bagnell has them upstart and very exciting. His offense is one of many in the NSIC that are prolific at this point. Logan Nelson is a QB that I've always thought could be a really good one if/when the Marauders could get some nice pieces around him. They remind me a bit of Southwest when they were throwing for 300 a game but had a defense that might give up those same numbers the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

It was my understanding from my buddy at Carroll that MVD was going to be away from his family in MT during football times in Bismarck (Mary)..but then when COVID hung around and such, that idea kinda faded and he decided to stay closer and ended up at Northern (MT) and is the DC for the Lights. (who has a uniform scheme that is much like Northern State in D2..just by chance, I assume) Anyway..he looks odd in this apparel to me, being accustomed to him being the Randy Couture-ish leader for the Saints of Carroll College..a school that had a dominant run in the NAIA for a good portion of the 2000's.
                        https://golightsgo.com/sports/footba...-van-diest/186

Separately, yes..Mary deserves some talk on here for certain. Craig Bagnell has them upstart and very exciting. His offense is one of many in the NSIC that are prolific at this point. Logan Nelson is a QB that I've always thought could be a really good one if/when the Marauders could get some nice pieces around him. They remind me a bit of Southwest when they were throwing for 300 a game but had a defense that might give up those same numbers the other way.
                        Thanks Witt, I appreciate that info! Was wondering where he went. Agreed with your analysis. Great to watch but it becomes frustrating on the defensive side real quick.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X