• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augustana's formal Hockey annoucement

More info on the game I have only rudimentary knowledge of,

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    More info on the game I have only rudimentary knowledge of,
    What conference do you see them joining?

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

I would sure think either the CCHA or NCHC.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Cannot say that I know anything about hockey conferences. Hopefully a close one.

Comment

Where on the campus are they building the rink? Will it go just to the north of the soccer field?

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
            Where on the campus are they building the rink? Will it go just to the north of the soccer field?
            I could be wrong. Southeast corner of 33rd and grange. there is somr existing buildings on that corner.

Comment

Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post

Just like the Summit League?

Comment

Both currently have 8 members after the WCHA men's league dissolved and UAH and the Alaska's were baked. It will be interesting to see who grabs Augie when you look at the conference maps.

Arizona State still sits there as an independent. Does the BIG take ASU or one of the other two that you mentioned?

Comment

If the NCHC invites Augie, I would be more than a little surprised. That conference is too high on itself to take in a brand new hockey school. Basically have the CCHA or independent option at this point.

Comment

I am curious as to how many fans they'll draw. Any idea how Sioux Falls Stampede do in the USHL there? ASU has built a monster in the desert but that came from a ton of alumni/investor help. All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

If the NCHC invites Augie, I would be more than a little surprised. That conference is too high on itself to take in a brand new hockey school. Basically have the CCHA or independent option at this point.
                      Right now, I don't see the CCHA taking them. They are at 8 teams, 9 would be an odd from a scheduling standpoint. Of course the old CHA (BSU and others) used to have five and made it work with the various bye weeks and non-conference games available.

ASU, UAH, Alaska, UAA and Robert Morris are all out there as independents right now (UAH, UAA and Robert Morris are taking this year off, Robert Morris may be able to get back into Atlantic Hockey). None of them fit the CCHA footprint to add a team with Augie. Will the CCHA go back against their wanting a smaller footprint for travel purposes to stay at an even number if they decide to take on Augie? Lindenwood outside of St. Louis has been rumored to be making the move from Club to D-I as well.
                      Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Athlectic director Josh Morton, formally employed at Michigan St. and North Dakota U. Has stated he is in talks with a league and is confidant they will have a league to join. No particular league mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                          Lindenwood outside of St. Louis has been rumored to be making the move from Club to D-I as well.
                          That would make sense since they already have a D1 women's hockey team.

I also read that Augie is adding women's lacrosse. Would they play in the K-O?

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                            Just north of the track and field complex, which is just to the north of the soccer field. .

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

Right now, I don't see the CCHA taking them. They are at 8 teams, 9 would be an odd from a scheduling standpoint. Of course the old CHA (BSU and others) used to have five and made it work with the various bye weeks and non-conference games available.

ASU, UAH, Alaska, UAA and Robert Morris are all out there as independents right now (UAH, UAA and Robert Morris are taking this year off, Robert Morris may be able to get back into Atlantic Hockey). None of them fit the CCHA footprint to add a team with Augie. Will the CCHA go back against their wanting a smaller footprint for travel purposes to stay at an even number if they decide to take on Augie? Lindenwood outside of St. Louis has been rumored to be making the move from Club to D-I as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X