Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

Right now, I don't see the CCHA taking them. They are at 8 teams, 9 would be an odd from a scheduling standpoint. Of course the old CHA (BSU and others) used to have five and made it work with the various bye weeks and non-conference games available.

ASU, UAH, Alaska, UAA and Robert Morris are all out there as independents right now (UAH, UAA and Robert Morris are taking this year off, Robert Morris may be able to get back into Atlantic Hockey). None of them fit the CCHA footprint to add a team with Augie. Will the CCHA go back against their wanting a smaller footprint for travel purposes to stay at an even number if they decide to take on Augie? Lindenwood outside of St. Louis has been rumored to be making the move from Club to D-I as well.
    Lindenwood was confirmed to move up to D1 earlier in the year.

https://lindenlink.com/173611/sports...to-division-i/

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Thanks! I couldn't remember right off the top of my head if they had announced or if they were still in the exploration process.
      Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

The first link in that article is to "Pro Hockey Rumors". If you look at Lindenwood's site, hockey is not included in the list of men's sports unlike Augustana who already has it listed on their site and they're not starting until a year after Lindenwood.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
          I am curious as to how many fans they'll draw. Any idea how Sioux Falls Stampede do in the USHL there? ASU has built a monster in the desert but that came from a ton of alumni/investor help. All the best!
          The Stampede have led the league in attendance for quite a few years in a row. They have averaged 5000-6000 fans per game the last 6 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post

The Stampede have led the league in attendance for quite a few years in a row. They have averaged 5000-6000 fans per game the last 6 seasons.
            Thanks, thats a good draw. It will be interesting to see where they land.

Comment

Here was what the consulting firm on Lindenwood hockey released months ago.

Comment

Thanks, thats a good draw. It will be interesting to see where they land.
                What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

What do you mean?
                  I know UMary has drawn 4000-5000 a game for their ACHA play. 5000-6000 for a USHL club would probably transfer to Augie getting a good crowd and fan base- I know North Dakota deep hockey roots. I am sure they hired a consulting firm like Lindenwood did as Laker sent us the link. Interested in seeing what conference they end up in. Sometimes these moves are home runs, sometimes they are uphill battles and money pits. Wayne State in Michigan had a D1 program for a while. Theyre rink issue forced them to fold.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    Here was what the consulting firm on Lindenwood hockey released months ago.
                    I see an issue with that report. It's dated Feb 2021 and states Lindenwood should focus on membership in the WCHA. Seven of the 10 WCHA schools began the process of leaving the conference in Jun 2019 with the formal announcement of the new CCHA made in Feb 2020. A lot has happened including announced discontinuations of two of the other three programs but they still recommend Lindenwood seek WCHA membership with potentially one other member. Something just doesn't look right here.

Comment

I know UMary has drawn 4000-5000 a game for their ACHA play. 5000-6000 for a USHL club would probably transfer to Augie getting a good crowd and fan base- I know North Dakota deep hockey roots. I am sure they hired a consulting firm like Lindenwood did as Laker sent us the link. Interested in seeing what conference they end up in. Sometimes these moves are home runs, sometimes they are uphill battles and money pits. Wayne State in Michigan had a D1 program for a while. Theyre rink issue forced them to fold.

Comment

I didn't realize Mary was drawing that well to their ACHA games. That's really impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                          I didn't realize Mary was drawing that well to their ACHA games. That's really impressive.

Hopefully Mary doesn't fudge on their hockey attendance numbers like they do on football number. I swear they triple the football actual attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Hopefully Mary doesn't fudge on their hockey attendance numbers like they do on football number. I swear they triple the football actual attendance.
                            I tried to find numbers but I doubt an ACHA team would care all too much about posting them.

Regardless of the number, that photo is pretty telling - though they are playing NDSU which probably has something to do with it.

Comment

Daniel Huntley has done a great job with this program. I didn't expect success so quickly. Both on the ice and how many fans come out each game. I live out of state but Ive been told its always packed. I haven't heard too many rumblings about going D1 but I will say Marys pockets are deep with their health care system connection, their 30 year vision included a football stadium on to be built on campus among other new toys. It would not surprise me if we hear of their intentions to go D 1 for hockey.

Comment

Way OT - but this is where the 2022 ACHA Championships are being held - a pretty unique ice arena, I must say.

Facility Overview | Centene Community Ice Center | Centene Community Ice Center

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X