Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vikingfaithful said we are going to be in the playoffs, so let's just go with that

:)

Comment

Minot nearly beat Northern.. good god!

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
        Minot nearly beat Northern.. good god!
        36-35 comeback win. Minot FG kicker slipped when attempting to go ahead late.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          Have to give props to WSC they are for real and I expect them to be in playoffs. Like NSU they will be contenders every year. Wayne has 10 more scholarships now are a strong program.

I have been known to be critical of AU QB Kyle Saddler. Truth is except for the USF game he has played fantastic. Today passing yds. 332,Td's 4 heck he even ran for 13 yds. Jarod Epperson had a typical day, 17 carries 132 yds. Big Sean Engel 6 receptions 144 yds. and 2 TD's. Well I know most everybody was cheering for the Vikings to lose, maybe next week against the mighty Mavericks or maybe not. GO AUGIE GO!
          I really wanted to like Wayne with the underdog story and all but they were so dirty and not a very good team. Very good elusive QB looking for the miracle plays. Not much running game. They must have caught UMD sleeping and Mankato getting false confidence with a big lead. Didn't see those games but after this I can't imagine Wayne was really the better team. Glad that karma came to get them at the end when another dirty punk move gave Augie a first down and dashed any hopes of a miracle comeback win. Clean it up and I'll wish them the best. Easier schedule ahead so they may make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post

I really wanted to like Wayne with the underdog story and all but they were so dirty and not a very good team. Very good elusive QB looking for the miracle plays. Not much running game. They must have caught UMD sleeping and Mankato getting false confidence with a big lead. Didn't see those games but after this I can't imagine Wayne was really the better team. Glad that karma came to get them at the end when another dirty punk move gave Augie a first down and dashed any hopes of a miracle comeback win. Clean it up and I'll wish them the best. Easier schedule ahead so they may make the playoffs.
            Yes they were frustrated at the end with a personal foul and had a few chop blocks. They did have 139 rushing yards which is more than all of previous foes combined. QB Nick Bohn had 79 rush yards for Wayne. You can be sure AU will get a healthy amount of JD Ekowa running Saturday upcoming. Wayne didn't beat UMD, WSU and MSU in consecutive weeks without being a good football team. As a young team all that prosperity may have caught up with them.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Yes they were frustrated at the end with a personal foul and had a few chop blocks. They did have 139 rushing yards which is more than all of previous foes combined. QB Nick Bohn had 79 rush yards for Wayne. You can be sure AU will get a healthy amount of JD Ekowa running Saturday upcoming. Wayne didn't beat UMD, WSU and MSU in consecutive weeks without being a good football team. As a young team all that prosperity may have caught up with them.
              The RB had 40 something yards. Most of the rest were QB yards flushed from pocket and running for his life. Good on him and shame on Augie D, but a good offense this does not make. They do have potential, but need to clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Aldrich has been at Minot for nearly 5 years now already. After getting the boot from Augie he bounced around the NSIC as an assistant before heading up to Minot. I wouldn't exactly call him new to the program. At some point, it just might not be working. I really don't think Aldrich is the guy for them longterm (the more I think about it, he and Coach A are quite similar in personality and coaching philosophy) but MSU has an uphill battle either way due to all the other reasons already laid out.
                I realize that the focus is and should be on the OPEN HC positions at WSU & SWMS. But, we should also keep an eye out for changes in staffs. At the D-2 level, generally there are two reasons for changes: 1. Winning and success at a D-2 school will set up coaches that are looking to climb the latter to the next best opportunity and 2. Underperforming programs where assistants are released (either OC or DC) take some blame and deflect from the HC and rest of the staff. These are not the only reason for changes; but certainly in my experience these are the two common reasons for staff changes. Specifically, I was thinking at Concordia, Minot, SWMS (HC change) and even though they didn't have the season of these listed---I thought that there might be some staff shakeup in the Mankato program---although I doubt there was much heat on Hoffner after the success they had in previous seasons.
                Like I said, I know everyone is interested in the head coaching positions; I think staff movement/changes tell you a lot about the overall health of a program. If everybody is staying put-generally I would think "everything is good". If you have a lot or number of coaches leaving the program; generally a sign of some dissatisfaction or underperforming dynamic.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X