Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFCA Division II Coaches Top 25 (10/11)

Also of note is No. 23 Wayne State (NE) being ranked for the first time since October 10, 2011.

AFCA Division II Top 25 (10/11)
    1. West Florida (30) (5-0)
    2. Northwest Missouri State (5-0)
    3. Ferris State (5-0)
    4. Valdosta State (5-0)
    5. Colorado School of Mines (6-0)
    6. Slippery Rock (6-0)
    7. Grand Valley State (5-0)
    8. Wingate (5-0)
    9. Henderson State (6-0)
    10. West Alabama (6-0)
    11. Ouachita Baptist (5-1)
    12. West Georgia (5-1)
    13. California (PA) (6-0)
    14. Notre Dame College (5-1)
    15. Shepherd (5-1)
    16. Bowie State (5-1)
    17. Bentley (6-0)
    18. Minnesota-Duluth (5-1)
    19. Midwestern State (5-1)
    20. Harding (5-1)
    21. Nebraska-Kearney (5-1)
    22. Augustana (5-1)
    23. Wayne State (NE) (5-1)

24. Western Colorado (5-1)
    25. Kutztown (5-1)

Others Receiving Votes
    Indiana (PA), Frostburg State, Truman State, Minnesota State-Mankato, Southeastern Oklahoma State, Charleston, Pittsburg State, Albany State, Angelo State, Chowan, Washburn, Colorado State-Pueblo, Colorado Mesa, Shippensburg, Ohio Dominican, Indianapolis, Savannah State

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    Also of note is No. 23 Wayne State (NE) being ranked for the first time since October 10, 2011.

AFCA Division II Top 25 (10/11)
    1. West Florida (30) (5-0)
    2. Northwest Missouri State (5-0)
    3. Ferris State (5-0)
    4. Valdosta State (5-0)
    5. Colorado School of Mines (6-0)
    6. Slippery Rock (6-0)
    7. Grand Valley State (5-0)
    8. Wingate (5-0)
    9. Henderson State (6-0)
    10. West Alabama (6-0)
    11. Ouachita Baptist (5-1)
    12. West Georgia (5-1)
    13. California (PA) (6-0)
    14. Notre Dame College (5-1)
    15. Shepherd (5-1)
    16. Bowie State (5-1)
    17. Bentley (6-0)
    18. Minnesota-Duluth (5-1)
    19. Midwestern State (5-1)
    20. Harding (5-1)
    21. Nebraska-Kearney (5-1)
    22. Augustana (5-1)
    23. Wayne State (NE) (5-1)

24. Western Colorado (5-1)
    25. Kutztown (5-1)

Others Receiving Votes
    Indiana (PA), Frostburg State, Truman State, Minnesota State-Mankato, Southeastern Oklahoma State, Charleston, Pittsburg State, Albany State, Angelo State, Chowan, Washburn, Colorado State-Pueblo, Colorado Mesa, Shippensburg, Ohio Dominican, Indianapolis, Savannah State
    Last edited by Twincitiesmav; 10-11-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Might want to read your quoted post again... ;)

Comment

Do these pollsters pay any attention to head to head?

Wayne won AT UMD and AT MSU.

I know that polls are just for fun- except the regional ones- but still..........

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Might want to read your quoted post again... ;)
          Good catch lol. I was on my prep and was trying to get a reply in too quickly :)

Comment

Wayne should be ranked higher. Maybe they feel there's too much uncertainty? Not sure how given they just took down both big boys in their conference...

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Wayne should be ranked higher. Maybe they feel there's too much uncertainty? Not sure how given they just took down both big boys in their conference...
              You can bet their coach will be in the discussion for national D2 coach of the year.

Comment

Wayne should have jumped above Augustana and Duluth, makes me think pollsters don't look at schedules. IMO Duluth is still living of of their past NC as they seem to be ranked higher then often deserved.

Comment

Good thing that will sort itself out this weekend. All depends on which Sadler shows up. I spent some time looking into Wayne. It's cool their top producers/tacklers are local or at least Midwest. Builds a comradery that's hard to beat. I'll be pulling for them after this week.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    Wayne should have jumped above Augustana and Duluth, makes me think pollsters don't look at schedules. IMO Duluth is still living of of their past NC as they seem to be ranked higher then often deserved.
                    Agree completely. Coaches just look at records and rarely go any farther than that. Because Duluth lost to Wayne at home I think they should be ranked below Wayne.

Also, being in the North Duluth benefits from a fairly soft schedule which helps keep them in the rankings year after year. They haven't lost a North division game since losing to the Wolves in 2015. During that same time frame they've had 12 other losses, all to South division or non-conference foes. Coaches don't look at things like this when filling out the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

You can bet their coach will be in the discussion for national D2 coach of the year.
                      Can't we finish the season first? Haha

Comment

[QUOTE=Tundra_Man;n611504]

Agree completely. Coaches just look at records and rarely go any farther than that. Because Duluth lost to Wayne at home I think they should be ranked below Wayne.

Also, being in the North Duluth benefits from a fairly soft schedule which helps keep them in the rankings year after year. They haven't lost a North division game since losing to the Wolves in 2015. During that same time frame they've had 12 other losses, all to South division or non-conference foes. Coaches don't look at things like this when filling out the rankings.[/QUO

Amen brother! The NCAA should have the D2 columnist be the official rankers, they're students of the D2 world.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Definitely deserves to be.

It's looking like 8-3 will be the absolute worst case scenario through the rest of the season - with losses to AU and USF. They won 7 games the last two seasons combined, and haven't won 8 since 2009. They've also shown themselves to be beyond capable of beating teams of that caliber though, so maybe they win out and go 10-1.

They aren't my team, but I'm kinda rootin' for them honestly. The fine folks of Wayne are overdue for something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post

Good thing that will sort itself out this weekend. All depends on which Sadler shows up. I spent some time looking into Wayne. It's cool their top producers/tacklers are local or at least Midwest. Builds a comradery that's hard to beat. I'll be pulling for them after this week.
                            Regardless of what happens, I expect it to be a close and competitive game. Definitely one to watch.

Comment

Definitely deserves to be.

It's looking like 8-3 will be the absolute worst case scenario through the rest of the season - with losses to AU and USF. They won 7 games the last two seasons combined, and haven't won 8 since 2009. They've also shown themselves to be beyond capable of beating teams of that caliber though, so maybe they win out and go 10-1.

They aren't my team, but I'm kinda rootin' for them honestly. The fine folks of Wayne are overdue for something like this.
                              I'm rooting for them in every game except USF.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X