Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millsy
    replied
    Oh what could have been for Wayne State. I watched their game against Bemidji and just thought to myself, what a bunch of ill timed/advised penalties......

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    [QUOTE=Matt Witwicki;n611762]
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Just saw this thread and info....after I posted on the other top 25 thread. HAHA.

I think I'm in agreement with the stance of you peeps here. Wayne isn't getting enough credit for their wins.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    [QUOTE=vikingfaithful;n611525]
    Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Agree completely. Coaches just look at records and rarely go any farther than that. Because Duluth lost to Wayne at home I think they should be ranked below Wayne.

Also, being in the North Duluth benefits from a fairly soft schedule which helps keep them in the rankings year after year. They haven't lost a North division game since losing to the Wolves in 2015. During that same time frame they've had 12 other losses, all to South division or non-conference foes. Coaches don't look at things like this when filling out the rankings.[/QUO

Amen brother! The NCAA should have the D2 columnist be the official rankers, they're students of the D2 world.

Just saw this thread and info....after I posted on the other top 25 thread. HAHA.

I think I'm in agreement with the stance of you peeps here. Wayne isn't getting enough credit for their wins.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I'm rooting for them in every game except USF.
    Same with SMSU - though I already know the outcome of that one.

Leave a comment:

• Tundra_Man
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Definitely deserves to be.

It's looking like 8-3 will be the absolute worst case scenario through the rest of the season - with losses to AU and USF. They won 7 games the last two seasons combined, and haven't won 8 since 2009. They've also shown themselves to be beyond capable of beating teams of that caliber though, so maybe they win out and go 10-1.

They aren't my team, but I'm kinda rootin' for them honestly. The fine folks of Wayne are overdue for something like this.
    I'm rooting for them in every game except USF.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post

Good thing that will sort itself out this weekend. All depends on which Sadler shows up. I spent some time looking into Wayne. It's cool their top producers/tacklers are local or at least Midwest. Builds a comradery that's hard to beat. I'll be pulling for them after this week.
    Regardless of what happens, I expect it to be a close and competitive game. Definitely one to watch.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

You can bet their coach will be in the discussion for national D2 coach of the year.
    Definitely deserves to be.

It's looking like 8-3 will be the absolute worst case scenario through the rest of the season - with losses to AU and USF. They won 7 games the last two seasons combined, and haven't won 8 since 2009. They've also shown themselves to be beyond capable of beating teams of that caliber though, so maybe they win out and go 10-1.

They aren't my team, but I'm kinda rootin' for them honestly. The fine folks of Wayne are overdue for something like this.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    [QUOTE=Tundra_Man;n611504]

Agree completely. Coaches just look at records and rarely go any farther than that. Because Duluth lost to Wayne at home I think they should be ranked below Wayne.

Also, being in the North Duluth benefits from a fairly soft schedule which helps keep them in the rankings year after year. They haven't lost a North division game since losing to the Wolves in 2015. During that same time frame they've had 12 other losses, all to South division or non-conference foes. Coaches don't look at things like this when filling out the rankings.[/QUO

Amen brother! The NCAA should have the D2 columnist be the official rankers, they're students of the D2 world.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

You can bet their coach will be in the discussion for national D2 coach of the year.
    Can't we finish the season first? Haha

Leave a comment:

• Tundra_Man
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Wayne should have jumped above Augustana and Duluth, makes me think pollsters don't look at schedules. IMO Duluth is still living of of their past NC as they seem to be ranked higher then often deserved.

Also, being in the North Duluth benefits from a fairly soft schedule which helps keep them in the rankings year after year. They haven't lost a North division game since losing to the Wolves in 2015. During that same time frame they've had 12 other losses, all to South division or non-conference foes. Coaches don't look at things like this when filling out the rankings.

Leave a comment:

• BIGvikingFan
    replied
    Wayne should be ranked higher. Maybe they feel there's too much uncertainty? Not sure how given they just took down both big boys in their conference...
    Good thing that will sort itself out this weekend. All depends on which Sadler shows up. I spent some time looking into Wayne. It's cool their top producers/tacklers are local or at least Midwest. Builds a comradery that's hard to beat. I'll be pulling for them after this week.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Wayne should have jumped above Augustana and Duluth, makes me think pollsters don't look at schedules. IMO Duluth is still living of of their past NC as they seem to be ranked higher then often deserved.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Wayne should be ranked higher. Maybe they feel there's too much uncertainty? Not sure how given they just took down both big boys in their conference...

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X