Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Scholarship Numbers

MSU was at 34 and on track to have 36. I wish that we could see how everyone in the league compared.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

MSU was at 34 and on track to have 36. I wish that we could see how everyone in the league compared.

Comment

Northern usual shares a mailing of where everyone is at in each sport but I didn't see anything this year (somewhat understandably)

Where MSU is on track scholarships is absolutely unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Northern usual shares a mailing of where everyone is at in each sport but I didn't see anything this year (somewhat understandably)

Pretty sure Northern is at 28. Now that they facilities are complete that is the next focus. At least that was what Josh said before he left.

Comment

Comment

MSU is close to the NCAA limit of 36 for football and will be there in the future, that's great news for Mavs nation. Last I heard AU is at 30, but the school uses academic scholarships for those who qualify.

Comment

Northern and Augie are leaps and bounds ahead of everyone in the "non-major" sports. Last I knew Northern was 4th in nsic in track and had around 20 combined, i believe.

Of course then you can break down endowed and yearly giving which makes it more of a guessing game

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

MSU is close to the NCAA limit of 36 for football and will be there in the future, that's great news for Mavs nation. Last I heard AU is at 30, but the school uses academic scholarships for those who qualify.

Comment

Northern and Augie are leaps and bounds ahead of everyone in the "non-major" sports. Last I knew Northern was 4th in nsic in track and had around 20 combined, i believe.

Of course then you can break down endowed and yearly giving which makes it more of a guessing game

Comment

Upon digging, d2 limit is 12.6 for mens and 12.6 for women's but it combines xc and track. So, most you can have combined are 25.2 which is why I felt like my number was way off for bother but just didn't think they could be that far behind. That said, that MSU number is also obviously wrong.

https://scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits

Comment

Upon digging, d2 limit is 12.6 for mens and 12.6 for women's but it combines xc and track. So, most you can have combined are 25.2 which is why I felt like my number was way off for bother but just didn't think they could be that far behind. That said, that MSU number is also obviously wrong.

https://scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits
                        Laker said "on track" to have 36...not that track had 36. I'll take my L

Comment

Yes.They have to have very good high school grades to qualify for many of those schlarships. I've noted through the years that many recruiting targets are at or near 4.0 students. Some years ago a student who went on to med school chose AU over a preferred walk-on offer from SDSU, because he stated he was basically going to Augustana for free. He turned out to be a average football player.

Comment

Laker said "on track" to have 36...not that track had 36. I'll take my L
                            I did give money to both track and cross country, but not quite THAT much..............

Comment

I assumed at least half of the NSIC was now at 36

Mankato, Northern, Wayne, Upper Iowa, Moorhead, Mary, Minot, Augie, USF

That is who I thought was at 36

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X