• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    I assumed at least half of the NSIC was now at 36

Mankato, Northern, Wayne, Upper Iowa, Moorhead, Mary, Minot, Augie, USF

That is who I thought was at 36
    While there's hardly any transparency to these numbers, I very much doubt more than half of those schools are at 36. Winona for sure..and doubting anyone else. Maybe Kato is close. USF and Augie have been around 30ish for a few years..and I'm expecting NSU on the rise for this, but with Moon gone, tbd....Mary was said to have a boatload of assets but I haven't heard anything new about them being in the 30s. I'm doubting Minot and UIU..based on the past and the current product..but maybe they've made the step.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

While there's hardly any transparency to these numbers, I very much doubt more than half of those schools are at 36. Winona for sure..and doubting anyone else. Maybe Kato is close. USF and Augie have been around 30ish for a few years..and I'm expecting NSU on the rise for this, but with Moon gone, tbd....Mary was said to have a boatload of assets but I haven't heard anything new about them being in the 30s. I'm doubting Minot and UIU..based on the past and the current product..but maybe they've made the step.
      I sure as heck hope Mary is in the 30's. Word on the street is we want to go big with the strategic 2030 plan. Domed turf practice field., on campus stadium some say it will rival FCS programs. These assets should hopefully turn in results. (sooner rather than later)

https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8...tegic_plan.pdf

Comment

I'd like to see a new stadium for Mary. Their current municipal feeling stadium seems very generic and older....or maybe it's just the quality of their webcast that gives that feeling.

Comment

I'd like to see a new stadium for Mary. Their current municipal feeling stadium seems very generic and older....or maybe it's just the quality of their webcast that gives that feeling.
          It does feel older than 25 years (built in 1997)

Comment

Northern is around 28ish

Comment

Doesn't the league mandate a total number of scholarships schools can divvy up between all sports? At one time I thought it was 120 or maybe less.
              Augustana has added Lacrosse, Acrobat & tumbling as women's sports and swimming & diving to men's sports. That's fine, just don't take schollys from basketball and football. My guess is D1 ice hockey is treated separately

Comment

Comment

There used to be quite a few Bulldog posters back in the heady days after their 2 national championships. Every teams has at least one poster except UMD and CSP.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

There used to be quite a few Bulldog posters back in the heady days after their 2 national championships. Every teams has at least one poster except UMD and CSP.

Comment

Nyet, Nein and No

Comment

100 % agree, the bowl has the atmosphere of an airport landing strip. Need a new stadium asap.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I post very seldom but do follow the board. as of 2018 UMD had 25 scholarship, ironically when they were in the the NCC they had gotten up to 30-32, then had to drop to 24 when they rejoined the NSIC, then never even got up to 28 when the NSIC increased to that. the plan was to be fully funded in all sports by 2025, I have been told that will never happen, football is around 28 now will get to 30 but probably never higher. Altho if they want a kid, they will get the money, things could not be to bad or Coach Weise would not stick around. both hockey teams of course are fully funded plus extra allowed by the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post

I post very seldom but do follow the board. as of 2018 UMD had 25 scholarship, ironically when they were in the the NCC they had gotten up to 30-32, then had to drop to 24 when they rejoined the NSIC, then never even got up to 28 when the NSIC increased to that. the plan was to be fully funded in all sports by 2025, I have been told that will never happen, football is around 28 now will get to 30 but probably never higher. Altho if they want a kid, they will get the money, things could not be to bad or Coach Weise would not stick around. both hockey teams of course are fully funded plus extra allowed by the NCAA.
                            We need more Bulldog posters!!! You guys are too good to not have any!!
                            So your saying UMD relies more on academic scholarships at times?

Comment

I am guessing there are more of us out there, I check the board continuously, just don't post.
                              The UMD scholarships are frustrating, and it has really shown up in recent years once injuries start to mount up and with special teams. I do think Duluth is attractive enough as a school as with tradition to continue to get good starters, the problem comes with the second tier of players.

Comment

Most recent story I found on the Dragons was from 2016, where they offered 28 scholarships. MSUM's fundraising has taken a pretty good boost during Anne Blackhurst's presidency.

Here are some stories:
                                Dragons expected to hit NSIC max in football scholarships next fall
                                The Dragons are expected to offer the league-maximum 28 scholarships for football next fall, athletic director Doug Peters said. That will mark the first time MSUM has offered the league maximum in football scholarships since transitioning to NCAA Division II in 1995.???????

MSUM raises $59 million in record-setting fundraiser
                                Dubbed "Vision 2020," the campaign was launched with the aim of improving student experiences by increasing scholarships, investing in academic programs, and creating community connections through an alumni center, university officials said.

Dragons Athletic Director Peters leaving MSUM to accept position at Prairie Heights Community Church
                                Peters helped increase revenue and scholarships during his time at MSUM. Athletic-generated revenue grew to more than $1 million and scholarship funding went from $434,000 in 2007-08, to $1.26 million in 2020-21, according to MSUM's athletic department. The scholarship equivalencies doubled while Peters was the athletic director.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X