Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umd1 View Post
    I am guessing there are more of us out there, I check the board continuously, just don't post.
    The UMD scholarships are frustrating, and it has really shown up in recent years once injuries start to mount up and with special teams. I do think Duluth is attractive enough as a school as with tradition to continue to get good starters, the problem comes with the second tier of players.

Comment

UMD is in a great geographic location, close to the TC and northern half of Wisconsin.

Comment

I do not see the UMD ship sinking without Larson. I do not know the extent of his injury or what it is or when it occurred, yes we do miss his rushing ability, but he was going to rush less this year to avoid injury, our D is very solid, as is the O line and receiving corp. the QB transfer from NDSU is progressing very well, and even with a healthy Larson, will see considerable duty. We will learn a lot on Sat v BSU. I will take any kind of win.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
          I do not see the UMD ship sinking without Larson. I do not know the extent of his injury or what it is or when it occurred, yes we do miss his rushing ability, but he was going to rush less this year to avoid injury, our D is very solid, as is the O line and receiving corp. the QB transfer from NDSU is progressing very well, and even with a healthy Larson, will see considerable duty. We will learn a lot on Sat v BSU. I will take any kind of win.
          I saw this on Twitter. What a joke. I don't think that they do any research on their site, they just puke things out. Must be looking for any kind of attention, even negative. Why would they pick UMD? Did they get it mixed up with UMC?

Big Game Boomer on Twitter: "The Worst Gameday Atmosphere In Every State This Weekend https://t.co/XJ74TmDlGz" / Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I saw this on Twitter. What a joke. I don't think that they do any research on their site, they just puke things out. Must be looking for any kind of attention, even negative. Why would they pick UMD? Did they get it mixed up with UMC?

Big Game Boomer on Twitter: "The Worst Gameday Atmosphere In Every State This Weekend https://t.co/XJ74TmDlGz" / Twitter
            You are so correct about todays lazy journalist. Really that's a false answer to a question nobody asked

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Commonality is losses. Penn St / UMD / Indiana / Mississippi College. But none of those HS happened at the time of the tweet.

But...here we are. Clicking on it and talking about it. F*ck em. They still win...

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
                I think the bigger issue since Larson was injured is trying to scheme ways to get him on the field. It's pretty obvious that when they line him up at QB he isnt able to throw so defenses have adjusted. The goal line play against Bemidji where he motioned and tried to quickly come under center and sneak it ended up with a costly turnover. It will be interesting to see what they do the remainder of the year though at QB. The transfer has shown some signs but has been inconsistent, Olson has struggled, and behind those 2 are a couple of redshirt freshmen that look good on their HS film but not sure if they will play them this year or not.

Kyle Walljasper - https://youtu.be/Wq340mQG8WI
                Nate Elmes - http://www.hudl.com/v/2EgjvT

Huge game on Saturday that will decide playoff fate. Should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

I think the bigger issue since Larson was injured is trying to scheme ways to get him on the field. It's pretty obvious that when they line him up at QB he isnt able to throw so defenses have adjusted. The goal line play against Bemidji where he motioned and tried to quickly come under center and sneak it ended up with a costly turnover. It will be interesting to see what they do the remainder of the year though at QB. The transfer has shown some signs but has been inconsistent, Olson has struggled, and behind those 2 are a couple of redshirt freshmen that look good on their HS film but not sure if they will play them this year or not.

Kyle Walljasper - https://youtu.be/Wq340mQG8WI
                  Nate Elmes - http://www.hudl.com/v/2EgjvT

Huge game on Saturday that will decide playoff fate. Should be a good one.
                  A new UMD poster! Welcome to the board! We need way more posters like you. UMD is too good of a program to barely have posters

Comment

I still cannot understand the Larson play v BSU, the guys is out with a bad hand and they try a trick play, put him under center, that was a huge fumble on the Bemidji 2 yard line. If the transfer from NDSU is ready he will start, as he did against Mary and BSU. I doubt they would play any of the freshmen this late in the season and lose their red shirts status. the QB from WI was the WI offensive player of the year, reminds me of Drew Bauer, then again so did Larson. the line of the QB from Maple Grove shows him mostly playing fullback

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

A new UMD poster! Welcome to the board! We need way more posters like you. UMD is too good of a program to barely have posters
                      Thanks. Been following for a bit but decided it was time to jump in. NSIC has been quite interesting this year and these last two weeks have the super region still up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

Thanks. Been following for a bit but decided it was time to jump in. NSIC has been quite interesting this year and these last two weeks have the super region still up in the air.

Comment

As far as the NSIC goes, Mankato leads the way with just over 35 scholarships for 2020-2021. Northern is surprisingly 2nd just short of 35. Winona and Augie are essentially in a dead tie funding just over 31. Probably most shocking is Bemidji offering less than 22 scholarships (least in the conference) continue to do what they do. And of course, 2nd to last in scholarships offered is Duluth at just over 22. The two lowest funded schools in the driver's seat for the playoffs heading into the final week. Kudos to those two programs!

Comment

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post
                            As far as the NSIC goes, Mankato leads the way with just over 35 scholarships for 2020-2021. Northern is surprisingly 2nd just short of 35. Winona and Augie are essentially in a dead tie funding just over 31. Probably most shocking is Bemidji offering less than 22 scholarships (least in the conference) continue to do what they do. And of course, 2nd to last in scholarships offered is Duluth at just over 22. The two lowest funded schools in the driver's seat for the playoffs heading into the final week. Kudos to those two programs!
                            You speak very specific numbers, where hence did you get your information.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

You speak very specific numbers, where hence did you get your information.
                              Passed around from a few people that are in the know with Northern, who serve on various boards/committees, and very connected to athletics - there was something put together for all sports and different equivalencies among NSIC schools. I'm not sure I should share the photo myself, however, as I'm not personally on any of said committees.

Comment

Whether you have 22 or 35 scholarships it's not a great deal of money spread out between 100 players.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X