Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIU Peacocks 2019

Re: UIU Peacocks 2019

Think the defense will be solid - a lot of returners and sounds like some good recruits. This is the first time in many, many years that I remember going into the season with a question mark at QB. Will be interesting to see what Shea says at the press conference Monday. Running back is a question in my mind as well. Receivers should be solid. I think it really comes down to the offensive side - we are used to a lot of yards, throwing it all over - not sure what the look will be this year.

Comment

Write up from media day, looks like Schumann is the QB. https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...53075a465.html

Comment

After a game I like 26 market both a formal dining side and a sports bar side with lot of TV's to catch up with the scores around the country. Locally owned with good food that's reasonable. About a mile from the stadium. https://www.grille26.com/

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          After a game I like 26 market both a formal dining side and a sports bar side with lot of TV's to catch up with the scores around the country. Locally owned with good food that's reasonable. About a mile from the stadium. https://www.grille26.com/
          We used to have a Eating Spots of the NSIC that was pinned. I don't know what happened to it, but it was handy as a guide when you went on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            We used to have a Eating Spots of the NSIC that was pinned. I don't know what happened to it, but it was handy as a guide when you went on the road.
            Should restart it!!

Comment

https://twitter.com/MidcoSN/status/1...493471232?s=19

The answer, my friends, is Bryan Trulen.

Comment

I would like to be optimistic about this team, but the best I can see is 4-7. Talent is there on both sides of the ball. Utilization of the talent is sketchy at best. Still do not have a dedicated o-line coach. No real competition for spots at practice. Fair amount of young men quitting or transferring every year. Some because of the location, others because they are told they will be given a chance to compete and never get that chance. Competition is the way to make sure you are putting your best on the field. Numerous guys have been there multiple years without a single rep at their position. If competition is not fostered at practice, how does it carry over to gameday?

Comment

Going to be a long season..............

Comment

Originally posted by panther79 View Post
                    Going to be a long season..............
                    Looks like they are trying to make it a bit more palatable if we don't pick things up on the field ;) https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2019/9/...2pvg9g11lK-d78

With that being said - hope last week was an anomaly.....CSP given their performance last week will pose another challenge. We are home though, have to put last week out of our minds, and step things up a bit. Was surprised by the lack of energy last week, we held them on first drive and think the fumbled punt took a lot of steam out of them. QB may have to be looked at if we have another performance like last week.

Comment

https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2019/9/...all-games.aspx

Beer sales! That should make the losses easier to handle....sort of.

Comment

It almost seems like the institution itself is not really interested in the football program. There is not even a write-up on their website about the upcoming game. Just the beer sales. Sad. Guess they have to do something to replace the revenue lost from the sale of cock power t shirts.
                        I realize Coach Shea is considered an icon there, but the time to move on is overdue. Although Crookston and Mary are on the schedule, they are no longer "gimme" wins as they have taken steps to improve. Really could see a winless team here. As I've stated previously, there is athletic talent. There is also a square peg/round hole mentality. At some point they have to be willing to adapt and play to their strengths and minimize their weaknessess. Not going to happen as long as Shea is in charge. They have lost 70% of the 2016 and 2017 recruiting classes. Maybe they should consider a move to NAIA as posters in other threads have suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by panther79 View Post
                          It almost seems like the institution itself is not really interested in the football program. There is not even a write-up on their website about the upcoming game. Just the beer sales. Sad. Guess they have to do something to replace the revenue lost from the sale of cock power t shirts.
                          I realize Coach Shea is considered an icon there, but the time to move on is overdue. Although Crookston and Mary are on the schedule, they are no longer "gimme" wins as they have taken steps to improve. Really could see a winless team here. As I've stated previously, there is athletic talent. There is also a square peg/round hole mentality. At some point they have to be willing to adapt and play to their strengths and minimize their weaknessess. Not going to happen as long as Shea is in charge. They have lost 70% of the 2016 and 2017 recruiting classes. Maybe they should consider a move to NAIA as posters in other threads have suggested.
                          UIU in D2 is what makes them unique in Iowa. UIU making the move to D2 has increased enrollment of Iowans to Fayette, has increased giving to the school, has increased campus improvements to their infrastructure. If they moved to NAIA or back to D3 they would go back to being like 10 other colleges in each of those divisions in the state. That would be a battle they would lose more often than not.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X