Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMary Strategic Athletic Plan press conference

https://goumary.com/news/2019/8/16/g...ay-aug-20.aspx

We are right around the corner from another great college football season in the NSIC. Fall can't come soon enough. I just wanted to make not of a press conference UMary will be having on Tuesday. It is interesting to say the least, I know their campus has gone through a massive transformation. I can't see an Augie type announcement but it has my eye brow raised. Have a great week everyone.

J

Re: UMary Strategic Athletic Plan press conference

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
    https://goumary.com/news/2019/8/16/g...ay-aug-20.aspx

We are right around the corner from another great college football season in the NSIC. Fall can't come soon enough. I just wanted to make not of a press conference UMary will be having on Tuesday. It is interesting to say the least, I know their campus has gone through a massive transformation. I can't see an Augie type announcement but it has my eye brow raised. Have a great week everyone.

J
    Any guesses as to what it might include?

Comment

The last major athletic press conference they had they announced the addition of Men's hockey which had a great first season. It can be something as simple as a new varsity sports however, they have poured and will continue to pour so much money into that school that I really can't be certain. I havent really heard any rumblings either. J

Comment

Logo change, and a fundraising campaign?
        Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
          Logo change, and a fundraising campaign?
          I'm guessing just a campaign update and sharing where they are at and maybe that they are moving onto the next phase. I believe it's a three phase campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            I'm guessing just a campaign update and sharing where they are at and maybe that they are moving onto the next phase. I believe it's a three phase campaign.
            I've already seen too many of these "big announcements" turn out to be just some sort of sponsorship deal. But that also make sense too.
            Go Bronchos!

Comment

Comment

Well- a lot of talk.

https://goumary.com/news/2019/8/20/g...athletics.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Comment

The cost of this stuff always seems insurmountable to me and am impressed that schools come up with it. But this much for that much strikes me as pretty reasonable

Comment

If you can get all that for under $40 million that's very impressive.

Comment

They completed the 1st phase early amount raised $100 million. Not sure when phase 2 starts

Comment

I agree with everything Mandan said. If they pull off state of the art facilities for under 40 million ill be impressed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X