Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would guess he'll get a small raise. Assuming the number I found in a search this morning is accurate, I have to imagine it will be a bump in pay and the ability to be the head guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
      https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...niversity.aspx

It's finally official word....Bergy took the gig. He interviewed last week and it's now his gig. This didn't go real smooth for Winona along the way, but they got their guy now. I will see if I can reach Bergy and make time to post something about it....once he gets his feet settled in. I knew him from his days in Sioux Falls....real good guy.
      Hard to argue with the result. Even if the process didn't run smoothly.

While I was hoping for a coach with strong WSU ties, it's hard to be disappointed in a coach with this resume. And, if he's a good dude, too, that makes it even better.

Comment

Seemingly mid 90k to about 120k.

SDSU now has 3 openings on their staff..so don't be shocked to see a NSIC coach head there, as that's happened often in the past with SDSU. I could see an OC or DC depart from a NSIC squad.

To some extent I wouldn't be surprised if SMSU does not have "finalists" announced publicly, as that didn't seem to go well for Winona.

I chatted with Bergy last night briefly..and we will be doing a Zoom-style interview in the coming weeks..FYI.

Comment

To some extent I wouldn't be surprised if SMSU does not have "finalists" announced publicly, as that didn't seem to go well for Winona.
          I've wondered about this as well.

Comment

Seemingly mid 90k to about 120k.

SDSU now has 3 openings on their staff..so don't be shocked to see a NSIC coach head there, as that's happened often in the past with SDSU. I could see an OC or DC depart from a NSIC squad.

I chatted with Bergy last night briefly..and we will be doing a Zoom-style interview in the coming weeks..FYI.
            Are you hearing its more external candidates for the job, or is McClure being considered as well?

Regarding your interview with Bergstrom, will you be recording that interview for people to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Are you hearing its more external candidates for the job, or is McClure being considered as well?

Regarding your interview with Bergstrom, will you be recording that interview for people to watch?

last item first....yes, recording and listing on our D2 Football page on Youtube. If you haven't subscribed to that page, please do..it helps us with someday maybe being able to monetize things on that medium from youtube and be able to produce ongoing/better content. There's a lot of videos in there already from past shows to interviews to "best of" videos also. (like the stadiums one)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGi...pvKKYVb5MPsJrw

I'm getting the impression more of a outside candidate but I don't think anything is concrete with that line of thinking. All indications are that SMSU is trying to keep this closer to the vest than Winona was. (just my take based on the information I'm obtaining) Out of respect for the coaches still in the running, I'm keeping their names off here since SMSU isn't looking to have this be public....but they are names we've discussed here plenty. For those that don't know, the coaching fraternity talks A LOT internally....so word travels REAL FAST. I'm friends with a fair amount of them..thus I hear things..etc. Many of them are lurkers on this forum as well..and plenty would deny that yet. haha!

Here's some addtl stuff on Coach Bergy....from twitter.

John Stiegelmeier
              @HolyNutmeg3h
              Bergy will be great. We will miss him and his entire family. God Bless you guys. Love ya.
              Quote Tweet
              https://bit.ly/3z6UQsa

Comment

last item first....yes, recording and listing on our D2 Football page on Youtube. If you haven't subscribed to that page, please do..it helps us with someday maybe being able to monetize things on that medium from youtube and be able to produce ongoing/better content. There's a lot of videos in there already from past shows to interviews to "best of" videos also. (like the stadiums one)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGi...pvKKYVb5MPsJrw
                I have been subscribed, but frankly hadn't watched much on the channel this year because SMSU isn't on the national radar. Just going back and watching some content now, and it is quite enjoyable. I'll have to check it out more often going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I have been subscribed, but frankly hadn't watched much on the channel this year because SMSU isn't on the national radar. Just going back and watching some content now, and it is quite enjoyable. I'll have to check it out more often going forward.
                  The Championship Stream (Preview) we did in TX was..totally a wild attempt at a last minute preview which made for some good entertainment. It's on that link. We interviewed a variety of peeps from the D2 world as we saw them walking past and such. If you are bored it's not great video or audio..but a look into things down at the chip. We then did picks in the past 15 mins or so. The music inside the stadium was dumb loud, so that was a major challenge..but we worked through it.

Comment

According to open payrolls, which list pay of public employees. Coach Sawyer made $134.238 in 2020 and coach Bergstrom made $84.840 in 2021. Quite a bump in pay for Brian Bergstrom.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                      According to open payrolls, which list pay of public employees. Coach Sawyer made $134.238 in 2020 and coach Bergstrom made $84.840 in 2021. Quite a bump in pay for Brian Bergstrom.
                      Yes....bigger than expected. The last number I'd ran across had Jason Eck (SDSU OC) at 93k and Sawyer at $125k....so yes, that's a measurable hike.

Comment

At Augustana Brian Bergstrom took over DC from Jake Dickert and our D took a definite downturn and when he left Jordan Malone took over and the D got much better. Obviously, he did a good job at SDSU. He was not one of my favorite coordinators. He will do an excellent job at WSU, I'm sure.

Comment

At Augustana Brian Bergstrom took over DC from Jake Dickert and our D took a definite downturn and when he left Jordan Malone took over and the D got much better. Obviously, he did a good job at SDSU. He was not one of my favorite coordinators. He will do an excellent job at WSU, I'm sure.
                          Quite the ringing endorsement

Comment

Scott Underwood hired as SMSU's new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                              Scott Underwood hired as SMSU's new coach.
                              Very good choice.

Comment

Very good choice.
                                I'm happy with it. I think he did a good job at SCSU despite his administration actively working against him. He knows the NSIC, and has had success with a bigger program.

It won't be easy for him, but if he's willing to give it his all - I'm excited about it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X