Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think any NSIC school would love to have Cory come on as an OC for all the obvious reasons...but I'm certain it'd be a substantial pay cut..like maybe half the number he's been at. So, if he's cool with that..sure. But I think one needs to also look at things stylistically..meaning, Cory has had the greatest success being a pass oriented offense and USF is very much a ground-n-pound attack..so I'm not totally sure that's a fit with what USF likes to do, paired with being a defensive minded team.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is the possibility of Coach Mac at Wayne State maybe having interest at Central Missouri that just opened up..since he was the OC there. UCM pays pretty darn good for D2 and I'd make the assumption they'd be an uptick in pay, not to mention they've been a top 2-3 program in the MIAA more years than not lately. Don't think for a second he didn't see the opening and so think about it..any coach in his position would. He would be plug and play for them..while yes, I do realize he just arrived (24 months ago) to Wayne. If that happened, Wayne would open up..and all the sudden a Cory Sauter would look like a nice fit there. It's all pure speculation, but at the same time Mac might very well stay with what he's got cookin in Wayne..after a nice splash season in 2021.

Comment

• Minot announced their new D coordinator, Lee Pronschinske. He was a Winona player and a Defensive Quality Control guy at NDSU.

https://www.minotdailynews.com/sport...e-coordinator/

Comment

• Originally posted by WhyNotMinot View Post
        Minot announced their new D coordinator, Lee Pronschinske. He was a Winona player and a Defensive Quality Control guy at NDSU.

https://www.minotdailynews.com/sport...e-coordinator/
        Don't forget his two months in Aberdeen...

Comment

• I would absolutely love this... But for Witt's reasons and more, it'll never happen and things will remain the same. Stylistically: Coach A = Zimmer = Derek Mason.
          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• Hayden Mace promoted to OC at USF:

https://usfcougars.com/news/2022/1/2...-football.aspx

Comment

• Mace is pretty young for this role, hasn't been a play-caller....but has an OL past, which seemingly fits in with the ground and pound style they've adopted during the last 5-6-7 years. He's the only full time offensive coach on staff at the moment..so they'll need to still hire a bit more on the offensive side. I think most Coo fans probably saw a fairly conservative OC hire coming as USF has to some extent taken on a similar approach offensively to the successful offensive attacks of MSU-Mankato..trying to make the opponent submit via power running game. I wasn't expecting an air-raid hire with a defensive minded head coach.

"I am very excited to move our offense forward under Coach (Hayden) Mace's guidance," said USF sixth-year Head Coach Jon Anderson, whose team was 8-3 in 2021 with its 27th consecutive winning season, a mark that ranks fourth best across all NCAA divisions. "Hayden is highly organized, has a strong work ethic and a creative offensive mindset which will enable him to transition into an outstanding play-caller. We share an established trust, respect and understanding that will enable us to maximize the talent on our team. He is definitely the right person for this job and I am confident that our offense is in great hands under Coach Mace's leadership," added Anderson, whose USF teams have made two NCAA DII playoff appearances in four seasons.

I'm mildly intrigued by the words "creative offensive mindset" and what that'll translate into. USF got better offensively this last season when they adopted some further creativity to get Landon Freeman the ball in-space. He's the one player I think USF can continue to be creative with..without changing their overall run-based identity. Plays like shovel-passes and dump passes to the flats are essentially an extension of the run game anyway and low risk plays. Freeman became an explosive player for USF this past fall with his speed and WR/RB type flexibility..and that should serve a new OC well.

Years ago USF gave the play-calling keys to an OL coach named Ryan Grubb..and he did fairly well (now at the Washington Huskies), but he was also mentored by Kalen DeBoer, Kurtis Riggs, and such..for a series of years. Mace is getting the keys a little earlier, but he will have returning starters on the OL, a starting QB returning (while still young), and Thuro Reisdorfer. At the wideout spot....well, they have some work to do and bodies to replace for sure.

I'm planning on heading to the USF recruiting deal,,and to chat with Coach Mace to inquire about what might be in store for the Cougars in 2022.

Comment

• I didn't see Cameron Keller listed on the Winona State coaching staff for 2022 and he still has WSU listed on his twitter page. I figured he was probably gone after they hired Fruechte. He's been the O coordinator for a while now if he is officially gone I can see him being hired somewhere else fairly quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
                  I didn't see Cameron Keller listed on the Winona State coaching staff for 2022 and he still has WSU listed on his twitter page. I figured he was probably gone after they hired Fruechte. He's been the O coordinator for a while now if he is officially gone I can see him being hired somewhere else fairly quickly.
                  Someone not originally from the area, it may draw him back out west.

Comment

• Northern looks to have hired Trevor Bonifasi from Missouri Western.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisher View Post
                      Northern looks to have hired Trevor Bonifasi from Missouri Western.
                      Any word on his role....since he was RB coach at Western, I assume there same here. I had immediately thought of OC (since Isaac left)..but Kirkwood at RB left also. Any further news?

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
                        I didn't see Cameron Keller listed on the Winona State coaching staff for 2022 and he still has WSU listed on his twitter page. I figured he was probably gone after they hired Fruechte. He's been the O coordinator for a while now if he is officially gone I can see him being hired somewhere else fairly quickly.
                        He's still officially getting paid/working at the school in the athletic dept..but no longer with football as he was replaced as OC by Fruechte.

Comment

• SMSU's Shay McClure gets a job with Fort Lewis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Any word on his role....since he was RB coach at Western, I assume there same here. I had immediately thought of OC (since Isaac left)..but Kirkwood at RB left also. Any further news?
                            I don't believe he's going to be the OC. Have heard a couple rumblings about OC possibilities but he hasn't been mentioned. Sounds like RB position coach. I would expect an OC announcement before signing day though.

Comment

• Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

I don't believe he's going to be the OC. Have heard a couple rumblings about OC possibilities but he hasn't been mentioned. Sounds like RB position coach. I would expect an OC announcement before signing day though.
                              Schlicte. Figured it would be but now it's official

Comment

• Ryan Schlicte moves up to coordinator at NSU.

EDIT: Beat me too it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X