Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Former USF DC from 2017-2019..moving to LB Coach at FBS Northern Illinois. (he's from Chicago originally)

NIU Huskie Athletics

@NIUAthletics1h
    Welcome back to the state and welcome to
    @NIU_Football
    new assistant coach Nick Benedetto!
    @NickBenedetto_
    Click to find out more about Nick's background and what he brings to the Huskies!
    Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems like a disproportionately higher number of USF players move into the coaching world as compared to the other NSIC schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems like a disproportionately higher number of USF players move into the coaching world as compared to the other NSIC schools.
      I don't think you're off base there at all. Being that most of those guys are from before their move to D-II, they probably had a great experience playing for national titles. Would seem like Deboer would carry some weight as a reference.

Comment

• Winona Co-DC....heading to DL for Eastern WA..

https://twitter.com/CoachMattUlrich/...47965803413511

Comment

• Assuming Winona will hire a full-time replacement, Coach Bergy will have almost gotten to a fully new staff....with the OL coach heading to UCM a month ago, a newer OC, and such.

Bergy is a defensive guy so unsure if he hires another Co-DC or what he does just yet.

Comment

Assuming Winona will hire a full-time replacement, Coach Bergy will have almost gotten to a fully new staff....with the OL coach heading to UCM a month ago, a newer OC, and such.

Bergy is a defensive guy so unsure if he hires another Co-DC or what he does just yet.
            Brian Curtin is the only one left from the Sawyer days, which is kind of surprising with him being the other co d-coordinator. Wonder if he keeps the same position and Bergy coordinates too.

Comment

• Any news yet on an OC at Mankato?!

Comment

• I'd heard they'd looked/sought out a few higher profile OC's in the region but weren't able to pin them down..and that this hire might take a bit longer now as an "emergency hire" in MN would've sped things up but if that's not in-play, then the approval process in the MN state system (30 days plus..wait time, etc). I have a feeling if they don't have an OC at this moment, they'd probably rather not rush the hire and potentially miss the mark with this important hire..and instead let Coach Hoffner run things with the offense during this short window in Spring ball. (Hoffner is an offensive minded coach in the past, OC at USD, etc)

Comment

• The GA shuffle is always an interesting thing to monitor...especially at programs with smaller budgets.

Looks like there's been some reshuffling at SMSU.
                  Miguel Black: RBs to DBs
                  Harrison Tsimouris: OL/Ts to RBs
                  Joe Gatz: OL/Gs and Cs to TEs
                  Adding to that list are 2021 players Gage Roberson (DL) and Paddy Devlin (WRs) joining the staff in 2022.

2021 GAs Virnel Moon (WRs) and Sebastian DeMartini (DL) have followed 2021 DC Shay McClure to Fort Lewis College.

Comment

• UMary recruiting coordinator and D Line coach Alex Kastens heads to William Jewell College as their O Line coach. No talk yet of a replacement. Great to have spring ball again.

Comment

He's still officially getting paid/working at the school in the athletic dept..but no longer with football as he was replaced as OC by Fruechte.
                      I saw today he is listed as the Associate Athletic Director on the WSU athletic site. Before it only showed as Athletic Department.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barndog View Post
                        Any news yet on an OC at Mankato?!
                        Coach Hoffner was calling the plays at the spring game.

Comment

• So I hear MSU is losing another coach!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Barndog View Post
                            So I hear MSU is losing another coach!!!
                            Yes, Mike Bernarde. He has been there for a long time as both a player and a coach. Just talked to him and his parents at the spring game BBQ.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X