Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Mustangs pick up Bryce Lund, 6'7" WR out of Sauk Rapids Rice
    Did some digging on Twitter - he had offers from Stout and C-Moorhead as well. Looks like he visited with UND and UNI.

What's interesting is it looks like SMSU recruited him heavily. One of Cory's guys. Kinda liking the get.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Mustangs pick up Bryce Lund, 6'7" WR out of Sauk Rapids Rice
      I'm curious if he's related to our hoops recruit Mason Lund of Sartell-St. Stephen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I'm curious if he's related to our hoops recruit Mason Lund of Sartell-St. Stephen.
        Very well could be, though it is a common name.

Comment

There has been a good amount of Winona State recruiting activity on Twitter. But I have only seen one name. Guess more are to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
            the Bulldogs are up to 21 verbals that I have found , mostly from MN, 7 Viking all state team with 1 jr. college transfer , hope we can keep them until signing day, we have 2 in the transfer portal, neither played last yr. but have potential
            Will be very interesting to see who ends up at QB1 for opening day. Logan Graetz who transferred in last year showed signs but also struggled at times prior to getting hurt, Garrett Olson, the long time #3+ QB is coming back for his 6th year and had a few decent games last year, 2 redshirts (Walljasper the Wisconsin player of the year in 2021 and Elmes who played RB his senior year in HS) as well as 1 incoming freshman (Eggert out of Mankato East - doesnt seem to have much size but Im sure they will build him up).

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

Will be very interesting to see who ends up at QB1 for opening day. Logan Graetz who transferred in last year showed signs but also struggled at times prior to getting hurt, Garrett Olson, the long time #3+ QB is coming back for his 6th year and had a few decent games last year, 2 redshirts (Walljasper the Wisconsin player of the year in 2021 and Elmes who played RB his senior year in HS) as well as 1 incoming freshman (Eggert out of Mankato East - doesnt seem to have much size but Im sure they will build him up).
              I like Graetz, but he is not the running threat that Vogler, Bauer and John were in previous seasons. Walljasper is an excellent runner with a strong arm, Garrett is a great kid, very good at times, but does throw INTs in critical sistuations. The new recruiting class is very good, although I am getting anxious because some excellent verbal commits have not signed yet according to the Bulldog football twitter.

Comment

Northern currently showing 42 signees on the Football homepage. There are 7 transfers and 35 freshmen among that group. I was kind of hoping for a transfer or 2 on the OL, but the 6 I see are all freshman. There are some big boys there though. As has been mentioned there is a QB transfer from Mo West. There are 2 WR as well, including one from FCS Missouri State. As you would expect NSU has quite a few from MN (12) and SD (10), but there are 10 states represented overall. It appears Schmidt and crew are tapping into his old recruiting grounds of IL (6) and WI (4) as well. I won't pretend to know anything about any of these guys as I don't really follow recruiting news. Hopefully there are some big time players coming to Aberdeen.

Comment

[QUOTE=Thunder;n649084]Northern currently showing 42 signees on the Football homepage. There are 7 transfers and 35 freshmen among that group.

That is a big class for one year. I anticipated smaller recruiting classes between the additional Covid year of eligibility and the transfer portal. Maybe this number is a little inflated due to the transfer portal and players leaving the program???? The other cause of recruiting such a large class would be a mandate from the university to have a high roster target for the football team to help offset funding. Regardless, of the reason, it will be interesting to see all the rosters post signing date---with all the incoming faces and the names that have left programs for graduation or transfer portal.

Comment

In passing I saw USF had 19....a healthy portion of that is on the OL/DL..plenty of 6'4 290 types (good body sizes). 2 of theirs were xfers....one was Winona WR Ethan Wittenburg (grad xfer)

https://usfcougars.com/news/2022/2/1...ing-class.aspx

Comment

Brandon is also keeping track of teams who post their list....best he can with 170 teams nationally....listed here.
                      https://www.d2football.com/nsd2022/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                        Northern currently showing 42 signees on the Football homepage. There are 7 transfers and 35 freshmen among that group. I was kind of hoping for a transfer or 2 on the OL, but the 6 I see are all freshman. There are some big boys there though. As has been mentioned there is a QB transfer from Mo West. There are 2 WR as well, including one from FCS Missouri State. As you would expect NSU has quite a few from MN (12) and SD (10), but there are 10 states represented overall. It appears Schmidt and crew are tapping into his old recruiting grounds of IL (6) and WI (4) as well. I won't pretend to know anything about any of these guys as I don't really follow recruiting news. Hopefully there are some big time players coming to Aberdeen.

Comment

MSU info:

https://msumavericks.com/news/2022/2...gning-day.aspx

Comment

https://goaugie.com/news/2022/2/2/fo...gning-day.aspx

Augie....26 dudes

Comment

SMSU is up to 16 last I saw....9 MN, 3 AZ, 1 SD, 1 NE, 2 JUCO. Not horrible on short notice.

Comment

Normally isn't the over/under on an SMSU class like 55..?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X