Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    I was surprised at the size of the class Northern signed this year. But, the new staff is still somewhat settling in just having completed their first season of games. I would expect there is still a good amount of turnover from some Dosch recruits that stayed for a season. I know some of the transfers (if not all) are already on campus so they will be in spring camp. I'm looking forward to next season, hopefully the Wolves can continue and improve upon the success from last season.
    It was probably mentioned earlier, but I just read that Arizona State picked up a two-year lineman from NSU. I thought that was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
      Looks like the Augie quarterback battle this fall will come down to the Utah transfer, Carter Robinson; the incoming freshman from California, Gunnar Hensley; and possibly senior-to-be Connor Neil (he's played so little, it's tough to know if he's in the mix). In any case, I think patience will be word for Augie fans in 2022.
      The coaching staff praised Carter Robinson's scout team play frequently last season and he has the ability to scramble. Gunnar Hensley has a strong arm and received D1 attention without any offers. I thought AU would have recruited a transfer QB as the team looks strong in all other position groups. You are correct about being patient with whoever starts in 2022, but we had to be the last 4 years with the QB position.

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post
        Anyone's best guess at the top 3 classes? Any players with D1 offers that chose to play NSIC football?
        hard to determine top 3 recruiting teams in the NSIC, rather the top 5, my guess is Winona, UMD, Mankato, Augustana and USF. UMD had a stellar class, they recruited Minnesota very hard going head to head with most NSIC teams and came out on top for most they have 11 all state players from MN and WI, only 4 of their players came from WI, that is very low as they normally get 50% of their players from WI. the Bulldogs signed most of their early offers. Winona had commitments from some very good players from WI early, then really hit the trail in the final wk, picking off some top undecided players, they must have dangled top scholarship money in front of them as I hear they are fully funded, they got a top DB/WR from WI that did have a scholarship offer from Central MI and Western Il. they also got a transfer from the U of WI, he was a walkon at WI and has been out of football for a yr. Mankato did very well as usually, but not as well in MN as the past. Aug. got the top DB out of WI along with many other very good prospects, USF group is very talented and big, 2 players are listed as 6'7 that will bring the average height number up. I know of players many teams that were given FCS teams walkon offers. amazing that their are so many talented players out there. I am sure all the teams are happy with their recruits, they have potential, it will be fun to see how they develope and how many stick it out.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

The coaching staff praised Carter Robinson's scout team play frequently last season and he has the ability to scramble. Gunnar Hensley has a strong arm and received D1 attention without any offers. I thought AU would have recruited a transfer QB as the team looks strong in all other position groups. You are correct about being patient with whoever starts in 2022, but we had to be the last 4 years with the QB position.
          Will be interesting to see how Robinson does. Saw him play his HS ball in WI and he was always very fundamentally sound and picked apart the mid to lower tier teams. When he was up against the better teams he fell off and struggled with contact (doesnt like it). Was a smart move for him to come to D2 rather than stay hidden on the depth chart at Utah.

Comment

UMary signs 33, two JUCO transfers from Cali could make an immediate impact. It looks like the number one passing offense in the nation appealed to a lot of play makers. QB from Vegas looks like he could be a gamer, only time will tell. Hoping everyone is well this off season.

https://goumary.com/news/2022/2/2/fo...-day-2022.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

Will be interesting to see how Robinson does. Saw him play his HS ball in WI and he was always very fundamentally sound and picked apart the mid to lower tier teams. When he was up against the better teams he fell off and struggled with contact (doesnt like it). Was a smart move for him to come to D2 rather than stay hidden on the depth chart at Utah.
              Robinson is a slim built guy who ran sprints in high school for the track team. Apparently, he grew two inches as Utes had him listed at 5' 10", Augie at 6'0" haha. With his size I can see why he didn't like contact. AU recruited a QB as they stated the need for competition at the position. There are 3 QB's without Hensley on the roster, so I assume they're not sure about Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

Always love this mentality from a player - it's almost always better to start at D2 than ride the bench at FBS over the course of ones' career.

Comment

Does Logan Nelson have any eligibility left?

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

Does Logan Nelson have any eligibility left?
                    I believe he does due to the season that was cancelled. Really looking forward to this season.

Comment

At the halftime of a basketball game, radio man Jeff Fylling interviewed coach OJ about recruits and he said there looking at a few more. He pointed out 3 recruits Chase Emsick DT he cautiously compared hin to Logan Swanson, Keegan Andriano CB and Alex Belongia S who's hudl video is awesome.

Alex Belongia (@alex_belongia) / Twitter

Chase Emsick (@CEmsick) / Twitter

Keegan Andriano (@AndrianoKeegan) / Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        At the halftime of a basketball game, radio man Jeff Fylling interviewed coach OJ about recruits and he said there looking at a few more. He pointed out 3 recruits Chase Emsick DT he cautiously compared hin to Logan Swanson, Keegan Andriano CB and Alex Belongia S who's hudl video is awesome.

Alex Belongia (@alex_belongia) / Twitter

Chase Emsick (@CEmsick) / Twitter

Keegan Andriano (@AndrianoKeegan) / Twitter
                        I don't know, those rice lake players haven't worked out so well for us ;-) Especially safeties, last year all he could do was get rookie of the year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X