Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recruiting

How is the recruiting going for your team? UMD is building quite an impressive class, if they all sign in Feb. so far we have 19 commits. 6 played in the Viking all star game.

Augustana has 16 commits thus far. There are 6-8 more at this time who are holding out for an fcs offer that most likely won't come. I suspect there are a few transfers Vikings are looking at, 1 D1 QB for sure. MSU beat us on 2 and UMD 1. AU beat those 2 on 1 each. Have not seen much on USF but have not hunted for their commits, they always get a great class from all over the country. More NSIC schools are recruiting Sioux Falls area such as Minot, Mary, MSUM, BSU, NSU, MSU SMSU and Wayne. As always UMD, MSU, WSU and UIU hit WI hard.

Comment

Comment

I am surprised that only 4 of UMD commits are from WI, they must be really hitting the Twin Cites area hard, that is where the majority are from, 7 from 3 high schools
        Last edited by Umdfan35; 12-20-2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Comment

I would add Illinois especially the Chicago area to the Winona State recruiting area. I don't keep up recruiting numbers so do't have much else to share. Will be interested to see the transfer numbers once the new coach is hired.

Comment

Will be interesting to see where stud WR grad transfer Ethan Wittenberg of Winona St. ends up, probably wants a D1 offer. Here is a list of current offers.
              Augustana
              Minn. Moorhead
              Northern
              Saginaw Valley St.
              U Mn. Duluth
              U of Sioux Falls
              Ethan Wittenburg (@EthanWittenburg) / Twitter

Comment

Comment

With the significant impact of the transfer portal on D2 schools; I suggest in addition to posting incoming recruits each school post the know departures to the transfer portal from each program. That will give a more accurate picture of each program. Just a suggestion.

Comment

I have seen plenty of offers out there on Twitter from SMSU but no commitments. I assume there are some, but haven't seen

Comment

My favorite are the cliche tweets from the coaches talking about how got they got better and all the kids they wanted. I just want someone to tweet out they think they got worse and missed on all their targets.

Comment

Comment

I do know he is very excited about the young guys. Especially the ones they redshirted this year. But they lost quite a few on both OL and DL. Need to fill those with a few transfers I would think.

Comment

Augustana gets a commit from 3 star QB Gunnar Hensley from San Marcos TX. He had attention from D1 schools, but no offers except from Valparaiso which is a non scholly FCS school. Looks like an excellent player.

Gunnar Hensley (@Gunnar_Hensley_) / Twitter

Comment

the Bulldogs are up to 21 verbals that I have found , mostly from MN, 7 Viking all state team with 1 jr. college transfer , hope we can keep them until signing day, we have 2 in the transfer portal, neither played last yr. but have potential

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X