Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: DSU gets $5 Million for New Stadium

Their plans have been out there for a while and are quite impressive - will be curious to see what they end up with.

Madison businessman donates $5 million for new DSU football stadium (msn.com)

Good. I saw a football game there in 2020 when there were no D2 games. Nice place, friendly people.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Their plans have been out there for a while and are quite impressive - will be curious to see what they end up with.

Madison businessman donates $5 million for new DSU football stadium (msn.com)

Comment

I first saw information and renderings on this 4 years ago. Good to see it happening. A video was posted on youtube last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
          I first saw information and renderings on this 4 years ago. Good to see it happening. A video was posted on youtube last year.

It's ambitious, but will rank up there with Dacotah bank and Dana J. if it goes through. Beautiful renderings.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            Good. I saw a football game there in 2020 when there were no D2 games. Nice place, friendly people.
            Went down there in September for the first time, though not for a game. They need a new stadium.

Do you know if the team gets a lot of support?

Comment

Having lived close to Madison about 25 years ago I went to a game with around 800 in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                Having lived close to Madison about 25 years ago I went to a game with around 800 in attendance.
                For an NAIA program in a town of about 7k people that's 40 miles from a top FCS school and 100 miles from another FCS program (plus 50 minutes from Sioux Falls), that's not horrible.

Comment

Went down there in September for the first time, though not for a game. They need a new stadium.

Do you know if the team gets a lot of support?
                  I was there for Ag Day. Nice weather, lots of activities for young kids, good crowd considering Covid was in the news more as far as wearing masks outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

For an NAIA program in a town of about 7k people that's 40 miles from a top FCS school and 100 miles from another FCS program (plus 50 minutes from Sioux Falls), that's not horrible.
                    Not bad at all - especially with the pandemic.

Besides the name, I always liked them as a school.

Comment

Comment

If they go through with those plans, could they potentially be looking to jump from NAIA to D2? Their enrollment is comparable to some of the NSIC schools.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
                          If they go through with those plans, could they potentially be looking to jump from NAIA to D2? Their enrollment is comparable to some of the NSIC schools.
                          I've wondered the same - NSIC is down a couple teams, might be a good time to look at that jump.

Comment

I've wondered the same - NSIC is down a couple teams, might be a good time to look at that jump.
                            I don't think that would make sense for them from a competitive standpoint. Minot and Mary's football programs were stronger than Dakota State's ever has been, and they've been somewhat better at other sports but not at a national level. It feels to me that Dakota St would be near the bottom of the NSIC. (I say that as a Dickinson State alum that sees them play Dakota St each year).

Now if this new stadium gets in better recruits and they build a much stronger program up, then maybe you can consider it many years after the fact.

Comment

Hard for me to believe that DSU would ever be D2 material. There are already 5, D2 programs in SD with a population under 1 million.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X