Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More non-football SMSU news -

The volleyball team is participating in a spring tournament at SDSU - they will play Jamestown, Moorhead, SDSU, and UND tomorrow at Frost Arena. Admission is free. Thought I'd pass it along if anyone needed something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      More non-football SMSU news -

The volleyball team is participating in a spring tournament at SDSU - they will play Jamestown, Moorhead, SDSU, and UND tomorrow at Frost Arena. Admission is free. Thought I'd pass it along if anyone needed something to do.
      I did make it out for the exhibitions against SDSU and UND. Stangs went 3-1 in sets between the two. Standing room only against SDSU, as one would imagine.

Pretty fun way to spend the afternoon. Also got to put a few shots up on the basketball court.

Comment

SMSU Spring Game is tomorrow at 6. Temps are in the mid-30s for the highs. I'd planned on swinging by for a bit - but with the weather I don't think it will be much of a show, unless I can sit upstairs.

Can't wait to get out of this midwestern weather.

Comment

I had assumed Onte Burns had used up his eligibility. A nice surprise to see him on the field one more fall!

Comment

Comment

Made it to the Spring Game. No real way to tell who was who. Just enjoyed it for what it was, despite the weather.

All I can really say is it seems like the team is buying into Coach Underwood. Not surprised. They played hard today.

Comment

Made it to the Spring Game. No real way to tell who was who. Just enjoyed it for what it was, despite the weather.

All I can really say is it seems like the team is buying into Coach Underwood. Not surprised. They played hard today.
                It must be cold and windy there. It sure is here, 75 miles to the northeast.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

It must be cold and windy there. It sure is here, 75 miles to the northeast.
                  It was pretty miserable. Still, I thought we had a decent crowd all things considered. Couple hundred people.

Comment

MHS Blaise Andries signs with Miami
                    SMSU/SDSU Michael Griffin II signs with Tennessee

Comment

MHS Blaise Andries signs with Miami
                      SMSU/SDSU Michael Griffin II signs with Tennessee
                      It seems to me Marshall HS has put out quite a few good FB players the last 10-15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

It seems to me Marshall HS has put out quite a few good FB players the last 10-15 years.
                        Yeah - they are doing great. Just saw Reece Winkleman at SDSU's spring game last week, then there's Bryce Lance, Yahaya Black - of course Drew Hmielewski who dropped football but is currently on the baseball team at UNO. Probably more that I'm not aware of. Of course lots of guys that end up in the NSIC and other smaller levels too.

Pretty exciting times for MHS. They seem to have figured out the secret sauce, which really just seems to boil down to dedication and hard work.

EDIT: Just read up a bit on Drew to see what he's been up too in the baseball world - apparently he was a draft prospect in 2020.

Comment

I actually found this old article (2019) from the Independent - I do remember Gimmestad with NDSU, but I didn't realize that he and Beau Bofferding really helped kick things off for the Tigers. Bofferding was a force with UMD, loved watching him play. UMD did a video of him in his senior year where he said SMSU was his favorite school to play, because it was his hometown.

PREP ATHLETICS: Developing a program: Behind the success of Marshall athletics | News, Sports, Jobs - Marshall Independent

Deylin Hasert committed to ISU, ranked #7 recruit in the state for 2022. Right below Tracy's Tony Nelson oddly enough.

Comment

Didn't Trey Lance play at MHS?

Comment

yes

Comment

Yup! Records are a little incomplete for my liking, but he's likely the first NFL Draft Pick/Player from MHS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X