Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have some loose change, the Sauters are selling their house in Lynd. It'd be a great house for MrMustang!

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      Didn't Trey Lance play at MHS?
      Son of former Mustang football player Carlton Lance

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          If you have some loose change, the Sauters are selling their house in Lynd. It'd be a great house for MrMustang!
          MrMustang doesn't need a big house. He's a simple man

Comment

3 QBs on the roster right now. Looks like Justus McComb is the #1 QB. as redshirt freshman it is his job unless they bring in a transfer. I for one think he will be a good one. our MO has been playing qbs for 2 or 3 years after seasoning. MCComb likely to be thrown into the fire and could be the first 4 year starter

Comment

Lots of attrition on the roster after Spring ball - wow

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                Lots of attrition on the roster after Spring ball - wow
                This is said every season, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

This is said every season, correct?
                  Certainly feels like it.

Hoping Underwood brings a little stability, but only time will tell.

Comment

Rumbling on Twitter is we have our AD - Jen Flowers.

Comment

https://smsumustangs.com/news/2022/5...athletics.aspx

Looks like she's got a fair amount of history in the NSIC office and Winona State previous to that.

Flowers is no stranger to the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference as she served as that league's Assistant Commissioner for Membership Services from 2016-19.

During her time at the NSIC, Flowers focused on the internal service of the membership and league stakeholders. She served as the office liaison in support of the NSIC senior women's administrators, faculty athletic representatives, Student-Athlete Advisory Committees and officials coordinators.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                        https://smsumustangs.com/news/2022/5...athletics.aspx

Looks like she's got a fair amount of history in the NSIC office and Winona State previous to that.

Flowers is no stranger to the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference as she served as that league's Assistant Commissioner for Membership Services from 2016-19.

During her time at the NSIC, Flowers focused on the internal service of the membership and league stakeholders. She served as the office liaison in support of the NSIC senior women's administrators, faculty athletic representatives, Student-Athlete Advisory Committees and officials coordinators.
                        Sounds like a good hire just from that writeup.

As a marketing major (lol), I really like the part about the partnerships she oversaw with larger media outlets. Might not be a direct benefit to the department, but it's a good skill to have.

Comment

I feel pretty good about the hire....I was prepared to be underwhelmed.

Comment

More attrition on both sides of the ball. a couple of starters from both offense and defense no longer on the roster and in the transfer portal per twitter.

Seems evident to me there is some addition by subtraction going on with the coaches and the personnel and they are willing to take some lumps to clear out some dead wood.

I for one agree with this as it was clear we had a number of underwhelming players who thought they were better than they were. see ya later fellas.

I also think it means a change in recruiting which was expected.

Comment

More attrition on both sides of the ball. a couple of starters from both offense and defense no longer on the roster and in the transfer portal per twitter.

Seems evident to me there is some addition by subtraction going on with the coaches and the personnel and they are willing to take some lumps to clear out some dead wood.

I for one agree with this as it was clear we had a number of underwhelming players who thought they were better than they were. see ya later fellas.

I don't remember who it was, but we had one guy on defense who really enjoyed talking trash to Augie late in the 4th Qtr last season. The Vikings weren't having it, obviously. Neither were the fans. Refs hit him with a couple penalties. It was a really bad look.

Your post made me remember that. Would not be sad if said player was gone.

Comment

All things considered, I think the change of regime and style made it fairly predictable to see some turnover..especially in our new times of the grass is greener in a different yard. I'm going to assume Coach Underwood and company are trying to change the culture of the program as well and some people just don't go for that. I wouldn't worry about it..and I think Underwood will have some heavy lifting to do at the start given the roster challenges to begin with.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X