Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It used to be fun visiting this thread, but for the past couple of seasons it's been nothing but whining. I get there hasn't been a lot to celebrate, we aren't good. Now is a chance to turn over a new leaf with a new coach, and yet we're still whining. Our old coach is gone, let's get over it. I held my tongue as long as I could...

Sorry if my opinion of Marshall offended anyone.

Let's get back to football.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Let's get back to football.

Comment

The entire situation is stupid. How does the name affect anyone, in either direction? Was the enjoyment of the game really hinged on the name? Were people this upset when the college changed names, twice? Is there nothing going on in Marshall more important than this? Well, I know the answer to the last one - there are several larger issues, but it's easier to be offended by this one.

I get pretty passionate about my alma mater. My roots with it run deeper than most people's do, and I don't want to see it choked out, because that's what this town seems intent on doing sometimes.

As for dissatisfied... can't please everyone. I knew launching one of my projects would ruffle feathers, but we did it and I don't regret it. I have a college to boost enrollment for, not "feelings" to tip toe around.

Comment

• I don't think they should have changed it, but they did. They gave their reasoning, whether or not I agree with it. As an adult, I realize it's such an insignificant issue that I don't get worked up over it. The effort to change the name is far exceeded by the effort spent complaining about it. The name change was silly, the response to it is beyond irrational. There's your difference.

SMSU should drag SWMN into the 21st century, kicking and screaming if they have too. Then I won't have to refer to it as the armpit of MN. This probably isn't the best way to do it, admittedly, but I don't think the admin is out of touch. I think the community is. Rather, I know the community is - I lived in Marshall for 9 years after all, and would never consider moving back as it is now.

And to clarify, the previous admin was abysmal. So glad I don't have to work with them. Perfect fit for the town though.

Comment

I don't think they should have changed it, but they did. They gave their reasoning, whether or not I agree with it. As an adult, I realize it's such an insignificant issue that I don't get worked up over it. The effort to change the name is far exceeded by the effort spent complaining about it. The name change was silly, the response to it is beyond irrational. There's your difference.

SMSU should drag SWMN into the 21st century, kicking and screaming if they have too. Then I won't have to refer to it as the armpit of MN. This probably isn't the best way to do it, admittedly, but I don't think the admin is out of touch. I think the community is. Rather, I know the community is - I lived in Marshall for 9 years after all, and would never consider moving back as it is now.

And to clarify, the previous admin was abysmal. So glad I don't have to work with them. Perfect fit for the town though.

Comment

• I'm always open to sit down for a cup of coffee at Mike's and have a chat with a fellow Mustang fan! ;)

Comment

I'm always open to sit down for a cup of coffee at Mike's and have a chat with a fellow Mustang fan! ;)
                In the armpit of of Minnesota with a bunch of out of touch people from the 20th century that are in Ag country and you hate the Ag bowl, don't see it happening, maybe a zoom call from the west suburbs is more likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

In the armpit of of Minnesota with a bunch of out of touch people from the 20th century that are in Ag country and you hate the Ag bowl, don't see it happening, maybe a zoom call from the west suburbs is more likely.
                  Oofta, really struck a cord here. It's America, I go where I want when I want. Deal with it. ;)

Couldn't pay me enough to live in a suburb. Yuck. Especially the ones in that state...

Comment

• For the third time - back to football.

Jeff Loots was announced on the ballot for the CFB HOF again. I'm not sure how the voting works, but he was on the ballot last year as well. Hopefully he gets in.

I believe it's divided out between FBS and Small Divisions as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Who are we watching for in this one? I noticed our roster seems light on transfers this year.

After thinking about it, I wasn't really happy with our QB last year - FBS transfer. Rooting for McComb this year though.

Comment

Who are we watching for in this one? I noticed our roster seems light on transfers this year.

After thinking about it, I wasn't really happy with our QB last year - FBS transfer. Rooting for McComb this year though.
                        The QB, Zac Krause. Our QB coach was recruiting him to Western Illinois out of HS before Northwestern came in with a PWO offer. Comes from an athletic family; his brother is a PWO to Kansas State, where his dad played.

Comment

The QB, Zac Krause. Our QB coach was recruiting him to Western Illinois out of HS before Northwestern came in with a PWO offer. Comes from an athletic family; his brother is a PWO to Kansas State, where his dad played.

Wow! We must have hired a good QB coach. Hopefully we have an OLine to match...

Comment

Wow! We must have hired a good QB coach. Hopefully we have an OLine to match...
                            Doug Patterson was longtime OL coach for Underwood at St Cloud. Spent last year in Macomb coaching OL. Coincidentally, that's where Brian Frana is now....

QB coach David Rocco also came from WIU. At FCS level for about a decade. Coach's son. Both Rocco and Patterson have co-OC title here as well. I'm guessing both got dropped amidst the coaching transition at WIU. Their loss, our gain.

Comment

Doug Patterson was longtime OL coach for Underwood at St Cloud. Spent last year in Macomb coaching OL. Coincidentally, that's where Brian Frana is now....

QB coach David Rocco also came from WIU. At FCS level for about a decade. Coach's son. Both Rocco and Patterson have co-OC title here as well. I'm guessing both got dropped amidst the coaching transition at WIU. Their loss, our gain.
                              Didn't realize Frana had left Luther, though I'm not surprised. Always funny how paths cross in college coaching. Patterson must be good if Underwood went out and hired him after SCSU dissolved.

Our coaching staff sounds exciting. I hadn't looked into them yet. Hopefully it shows on the field this year.

Comment

For the third time - back to football.

Jeff Loots was announced on the ballot for the CFB HOF again. I'm not sure how the voting works, but he was on the ballot last year as well. Hopefully he gets in.

I believe it's divided out between FBS and Small Divisions as well.
                                Pretty sure either they stay on the ballot for 50 years, or until they've been out of college for 50 years, if they aren't inducted. Can't remember which.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X