Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Pretty sure either they stay on the ballot for 50 years, or until they've been out of college for 50 years, if they aren't inducted. Can't remember which.
    Probably the later, but that's pretty insane.

Stopped by the REC on my way through, turf is completely up and one of the field goals is gone already. I'm excited for the finished product!

Comment

• How about another FBS transfer? This time a WR from NMSU via Illinois.

Comment

• Seems like the staff is working hard to change the roster. Telling certain guys to move on and we have seen many in the transfer portal. Some will be missed I am sure, other will be good to have left.

They also seem to be aggresively adding to the roster. Of course, not all will pan out, they never do, but it looks to me like they are remaking the roster the best they can in a first year.

Comment

• I for one am extremely excited about the upcoming QB battle. I think many think the Northwestern transfer is a shoo in to start, but i actually think McComb is probably ahead of him at this point. He had a great year redshirting and in hindsight, probably should have just played him as a true freshman.

I really think it is going to be an interesting camp and fall with the qb battle. Don't sleep on either being very good. My reports on Justus McComb are he is really good. And he ain't shying away from the competition of a D1 transfer

Comment

• McComb also had his fair share of D1 interest during his recruiting process, though it's all FCS from what I can tell. Interesting selection of schools - USD (CA), Cornell, Columbia, Eastern Kentucky - and SMSU of course.

Obviously, D1 recruiting interest is not an indicator of success at the D2 level - but to have essentially two D1 QBs fighting for the starting position could be interesting. I just hope they push each other this offseason and the best guy wins the job.

Would have to assume the non-starter would transfer? I guess we'll have to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              McComb also had his fair share of D1 interest during his recruiting process, though it's all FCS from what I can tell. Interesting selection of schools - USD (CA), Cornell, Columbia, Eastern Kentucky - and SMSU of course.

Obviously, D1 recruiting interest is not an indicator of success at the D2 level - but to have essentially two D1 QBs fighting for the starting position could be interesting. I just hope they push each other this offseason and the best guy wins the job.

Would have to assume the non-starter would transfer? I guess we'll have to see.
              I doubt they will transfer but you never know. Frankly you need 2 good qbs and players get hurt and I think it is likely both will get a shot to start and both will play some unless there is a clear # 1 . If they are close I think both would play.

As for transferring. hopefully both like it and stay

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I doubt they will transfer but you never know. Frankly you need 2 good qbs and players get hurt and I think it is likely both will get a shot to start and both will play some unless there is a clear # 1 . If they are close I think both would play.

As for transferring. hopefully both like it and stay
                Would like to see that scenario happen. Seems like the attitude these days is "If I don't start, I leave." Hoping these two will see the value in staying.

Who knows, Mankato has run with two QBs in the past. I doubt we'd ever do that, but everything seems to be up in the air.

Comment

• I think a lot will depend on team success. Easier to be unhappy and want out when you're not winning.

Comment

• Looks like we rounded out the staff with a 15-year coaching vet in Khanis Hubbard as DL coach. Fun fact: His position coach in college was former 49ers head coach Jim Tomsula.

EDIT: Maybe not rounded out quite yet....just realized the new co-OC/QB coach David Rocco spurned us to be a TE Analyst at Penn State. Judging by his twitter, happened about a month ago. Wonder what the plan is for the QBs, would expect Patterson to assume the full OC role.
                    Last edited by Stanger86; 07-12-2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Neat little interview with Onte Burns - he says Jesse Sherwood is the most underrated player on the team, which I thought was interesting:

Meet 2023 NFL Draft Prospect Onte Burns, LB, Southwest Minnesota St (nfldraftdiamonds.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                        EDIT: Maybe not rounded out quite yet....just realized the new co-OC/QB coach David Rocco spurned us to be a TE Analyst at Penn State. Judging by his twitter, happened about a month ago. Wonder what the plan is for the QBs, would expect Patterson to assume the full OC role.
                        Boyer Bouman is back!

Comment

Boyer Bouman is back!
                          They already have his photo on the website. Neato!

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

They already have his photo on the website. Neato!
                            I think Loft cheated on that one! Just grabbed the previous photo.

Comment

• Saw this reported by the Marshall Independent

Comment

I think Loft cheated on that one! Just grabbed the previous photo.
                                I was kinda thinking - haha, that's awesome.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X