• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw the new turf ain't in yet at the REC

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
      saw the new turf ain't in yet at the REC
      Heard there was a delay. They'll be cutting it close to having it ready for fall camp, but that's still the goal.

Comment

• I noticed that too over the weekend heading back east - I always drive around the REC.

Hopefully they get it in soon, or else we might be stuck playing at SDSU! Actually, that would be kinda cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          I noticed that too over the weekend heading back east - I always drive around the REC.

Hopefully they get it in soon, or else we might be stuck playing at SDSU! Actually, that would be kinda cool.
          I'm sure Old Mattke would come into play in a worst-case scenario. I doubt they'd move the game out of town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I'm sure Old Mattke would come into play in a worst-case scenario. I doubt they'd move the game out of town.
            Yeah, true point. That would make for an interesting throwback.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yeah, true point. That would make for an interesting throwback.
              Hoops used the PE Gym once about 10 years back because the R/A was being used for an event, if I recall correctly. The game was against Michigan Tech.

Comment

Hoops used the PE Gym once about 10 years back because the R/A was being used for an event, if I recall correctly. The game was against Michigan Tech.
                I remember that. I wanted to go but couldn't for some reason. It would be kinda cool if they hosted a game a year or so at the PE Gym, but totally understand why they might not want to do that.

Comment

• Turf has been delivered, should be installed by 8/8. Hopefully.

Comment

• I shared it in the basketball thread, but in case anyone missed it - SDSU is hosting SMSU WBB for an exhibition on 11/2.

I figured a D1 game was worthy of an off-topic post.

Comment

• Did anyone from the thread make it to the booster club social last night? I went, but wasn't able to make it until the presentation was almost over. Saw a bit of practice, and checked out the new turf. Fun night.

Comment

• I went to the social. Nice event. Have to say I was impressed with Jennifer Flowers who I had not met yet.

Onte Burns is one fine young man. Well spoken and intetresting.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                          I went to the social. Nice event. Have to say I was impressed with Jennifer Flowers who I had not met yet.

Onte Burns is one fine young man. Well spoken and intetresting.
                          Yeah, I was impressed too. Great observation on Onte, glad we got to hear from him. He seems like a great leader.

Comment

• What should our barometer for success be as a program? Both for Underwood and future staffs.

Just looked at all-time coaching numbers: only Gary Buer (.503) and Ron Flowers (.437) have a win percentage over .400. Was surprised to see Sauter (.369) won less than Eidsness (.393), but that probably has to do with a tougher Northern Sun over the last decade and it especially tanked the past two seasons.

Comment

What should our barometer for success be as a program? Both for Underwood and future staffs.

Just looked at all-time coaching numbers: only Gary Buer (.503) and Ron Flowers (.437) have a win percentage over .400. Was surprised to see Sauter (.369) won less than Eidsness (.393), but that probably has to do with a tougher Northern Sun over the last decade and it especially tanked the past two seasons.
                              Doesn't Sauter have the most wins in school history? Anytime the Mustangs win more than 3 it's a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

Doesn't Sauter have the most wins in school history? Anytime the Mustangs win more than 3 it's a big deal.
                                Buer does. Sauter is #2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X