Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

1. No, quite the opposite. I think they might both be capable of being a starter. Hence why I think one would transfer - so he can be the starter elsewhere.

2. If they both think they can start, why would one stay and ride the bench? It's highly unlikely we run a two QB system.

3. Probably not, but with the transfer portal - guys can leave at virtually any point.

4. Hence why I think the other will transfer.

To clarify, I don't want either to leave, but the reality of the situation presents itself to me as being a likely possibility that one does.
    guys transfer all the time at all levels thinking they will go elsewhere and be the starter. It isnt that easy. Have to start over, learn a new system. transferring isnt a cure all. No reason they both don't stay. we'll see. Like I said even if they trransfer there are good other qbs where they go to. It aint automatic they start elsewhere either

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

guys transfer all the time at all levels thinking they will go elsewhere and be the starter. It isnt that easy. Have to start over, learn a new system. transferring isnt a cure all. No reason they both don't stay. we'll see. Like I said even if they trransfer there are good other qbs where they go to. It aint automatic they start elsewhere either
      Of course, but it doesn't stop them from doing it. That's all we're saying. If they both feel they should be a starter and one falls behind the other, guys begin to look elsewhere.

It might be different if we were talking about two juniors this year, but both were freshmen, so they each have three years of eligibility. At any other position this wouldn't happen. But QB is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Of course, but it doesn't stop them from doing it. That's all we're saying. If they both feel they should be a starter and one falls behind the other, guys begin to look elsewhere.

It might be different if we were talking about two juniors this year, but both were freshmen, so they each have three years of eligibility. At any other position this wouldn't happen. But QB is different.
        Yup. And I could see it being different if they were somewhat local as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yup. And I could see it being different if they were somewhat local as well.
          Correct. Kids coming to the MN schools from AZ and CA are coming up here to play, not watch others do it. Especially when they have 3 years left (each). For the Mustangs sake, it’s be great if you were able to keep both. But I agree with you and Stanger, keeping two (going to be) sophomore QBs from California for all 4 years is going to be a challenge. And should be considered a win for Underwood if he can do it. I’d expect to hear of one of them transferring in April/May, unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Correct. Kids coming to the MN schools from AZ and CA are coming up here to play, not watch others do it. Especially when they have 3 years left (each). For the Mustangs sake, it’s be great if you were able to keep both. But I agree with you and Stanger, keeping two (going to be) sophomore QBs from California for all 4 years is going to be a challenge. And should be considered a win for Underwood if he can do it. I’d expect to hear of one of them transferring in April/May, unfortunately
            And to clarify, I'd like to see both stay and help grow the program. The reality of the situation is a bit different.

Comment

• Hearing very little about recruiting early other than they are out working. I guess a lot of transfers in this weekend for visits. Portal kids, JUCOs etc. Obviously we need tons of kids and depth.

Other than that hearing very little

I saw Underwood last night at basketball but he was working the phones the whole time working hard !

Comment

• Also hearing SMSU now in 4th place for the Keinholz legacy kid. Disappointing.

Comment

Also hearing SMSU now in 4th place for the Keinholz legacy kid. Disappointing.
                  Isn't he committed to u of Washington. Crazy how many recruits Pierre produces.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Isn't he committed to u of Washington. Crazy how many recruits Pierre produces.
                    Committed to Washington. Recently visited Ohio State. Nebraska now hard after him. Publicly remains committed to Washington.

Would be a good get for SMSU

Comment

• starting to see some names in the transfer portal. Aiden Furgenson is one who will be missed. Good blocking tight end. Not sure if wants to get back closer to Wisconsin or wants to try and got FCS.

The other names are not ones who will be missed much

Comment

starting to see some names in the transfer portal. Aiden Furgenson is one who will be missed. Good blocking tight end. Not sure if wants to get back closer to Wisconsin or wants to try and got FCS.

The other names are not ones who will be missed much
                        Ferguson is loading up the offers less than a week in....MSU, WSC, MSUM, CSP, Davenport (GLIAC), East Central (GAC), Sul Ross State (D3)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Ferguson is loading up the offers less than a week in....MSU, WSC, MSUM, CSP, Davenport (GLIAC), East Central (GAC), Sul Ross State (D3)
                          Aren’t they headed to D2 and the LSC soon?

Comment

No clue. Never heard of em. Just looked them up on their website,

Comment

Yes. Their Board of Regents just approved their acceptance of a Lone Star Conference invitation. Unfortunately they will probably have a big uphill struggle to be relevant. It is a small school (1,900 students), in a small town (5,000) in far west Texas that is about 2 hours from any bigger town.

Comment

• not hearing much regarding recrutiing. It is early, but you would think you might start seeing some commitments

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X