Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another spring scrimmage and I see nothing. So the members of the TD club get any inside news???

Comment

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
      Another spring scrimmage and I see nothing. So the members of the TD club get any inside news???
      I haven't even heard if they are having a Touchdown club. I have gotten zero information. I heard that there was going to be a BBQ at the spring game.

I think it was a mistake not to charge dues last year. Most people were willing to donate $25 to the program to help out.

Comment

Comment

From an information standpoint, I don't think we'll see much local media coverage at the D2 level until the final spring game for most squads..and that also depends on the media market you're in. I'd always suggest the best fans in D2 will look here first as info is often posted by our users..along with thoughts/insight from our users, who've often been around the program(s) for years. For Mankato specifically, I'd also suggest supplementing what you see posted here by following Chad Courrier on twitter..as he's their beat writer, essentially....along with following Head Coach Todd Hoffner who posts content frequently on twitter as well.

From an awareness standpoint, many coaches and players view this board on a regular basis..seeing as there isn't something like it elsewhere..and because the D2 level just doesn't quite get the eyeballs that D1 does..especially if there's a good sized D1 in the same market.

The early scrimmages are often times a fancier practice that has scrimmage aspects but isn't a practice game exactly. Come later in the Spring the final one is the most game-like of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

From an information standpoint, I don't think we'll see much local media coverage at the D2 level until the final spring game for most squads..and that also depends on the media market you're in. I'd always suggest the best fans in D2 will look here first as info is often posted by our users..along with thoughts/insight from our users, who've often been around the program(s) for years. For Mankato specifically, I'd also suggest supplementing what you see posted here by following Chad Courrier on twitter..as he's their beat writer, essentially....along with following Head Coach Todd Hoffner who posts content frequently on twitter as well.

From an awareness standpoint, many coaches and players view this board on a regular basis..seeing as there isn't something like it elsewhere..and because the D2 level just doesn't quite get the eyeballs that D1 does..especially if there's a good sized D1 in the same market.

The early scrimmages are often times a fancier practice that has scrimmage aspects but isn't a practice game exactly. Come later in the Spring the final one is the most game-like of the bunch.
            I've noticed the Winona State staff is posting much more than they have in the past on social media, they even created a new twitter page for the Football team. Never gone to the spring game but might to check it out this year.

Comment

There's no question that some head coaches will look to utilize social media more than others. It can be a chore to upkeep but can also help connect with a fanbase, especially a younger one and recruits. I've noticed Bergy is very active (pretty much daily) on twitter also. Certainly a tech savvy SID will play into that as well.

Comment

Well, this may create a need for some spring schedule adjustment:
                https://www.kfyrtv.com/2022/04/14/mi...damaged-storm/

Comment

Weather not looking good for the Duluth game this Fridaywith cold and rain forec?asted after getting about 10" of snow yesterday. How are the other schools doing with their spring games? Any happen yet?

Comment

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/spo...2a1fd8e27.html

Here is a link for recent Mankato news..

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
                      Weather not looking good for the Duluth game this Fridaywith cold and rain forec?asted after getting about 10" of snow yesterday. How are the other schools doing with their spring games? Any happen yet?
                      UMary had a nice crowd a couple weeks ago and some decent weather. It was great to see tailgating and some young impact players live. There is a link below.

??????https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eh16jKd_yo

Comment

hearing Minot State might have a sping game outside next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
                          Bemidji had theirs last Saturday. I believe I saw the defense beat the offense.
                          Millsy

Comment

Northern has it's spring game this weekend and there was a Story about spring in the paper today with quotes from Coach Schmidt. He is obviously very high on the receiving corps and the linebackers. The OL and DL seem like they will be the biggest question marks, but we shall see I suppose. Unsurprisingly, transfers will play a big part in the Wolves 2022 season (and most every college team. It would seem there will be transfer starters at QB, WR, DL, S and maybe others.

Comment

This story ran in the Marshall Independent last week on the SMSU spring season:

https://www.marshallindependent.com/...er-new-leader/

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                                This story ran in the Marshall Independent last week on the SMSU spring season:

https://www.marshallindependent.com/...er-new-leader/
                                I could see a little of that chemistry they mentioned in the article last Friday. Seemed to me like the team was buying into the new process nicely.

Time will tell, as it always does. Should be an interesting ride whatever the case.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X