Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minot beginning a search for a new AD.

Looks like Andy Carter took the AD position at Missouri Western State. Seems to be a bit of a lateral move, but I know he has a large family, and he may be moving closer?

https://www.kxnet.com/news/local-new...n-in-missouri/

Originally posted by WhyNotMinot View Post
    Looks like Andy Carter took the AD position at Missouri Western State. Seems to be a bit of a lateral move, but I know he has a large family, and he may be moving closer?

https://www.kxnet.com/news/local-new...n-in-missouri/
    Considering the MIAA and the KC market vs Minot, I'd view it as a slight move up. The likelihood of having success seems a little better at Western..overall. After getting 30 inches of snow a few weeks ago, maybe he'd had enough of the weather..ha.

Comment

https://www.kfyrtv.com/2022/04/18/ma...North%20Dakota.

I wonder who fills their spot first. Mary also looking for an AD.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
        https://www.kfyrtv.com/2022/04/18/ma...North%20Dakota.

I wonder who fills their spot first. Mary also looking for an AD.
        Had that same thought....both ND schools in the NSIC now looking for an AD..

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Had that same thought....both ND schools in the NSIC now looking for an AD..
          And then SMSU as well

Comment

Bemidji State has announced three of five finalists for their open position.

https://www.bsubeavers.com/athletics...tics-position/
            Millsy

Comment

MSUM hires Markuson
              BSU hires Lauritsen
              SMSU hires Flowers (I'm sure WSU posters will LOVE that!)

Comment

Another opening just created

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan

Which football coach is on the hot seat with the new AD?

Minot, UMary have to be the top of the seat. Minot probably being #1?

Bemidji and Moorhead are probably fine. Northern?

Southwest is new, St Cloud well - he got his program dropped
                  Anything less than 7-4 or 6-5 this season for Mary is a disappointment. I think Bagnell being a former player may get a bit more rope however, bottomline wins need to pile up this season.

Comment

I think at the D2 level the hot seat takes a fair amount more time to heat up since the following for the teams isn't quite as rabid as what you'd see in t he SEC/FBS kinda level.

At the small college level while you won't see an athletic director literally say it, I think plenty of them have a realistic expectation on W/L based on how much the school has been truly committed to compete at a league championship level = scholarship count, budget, resources, facilities. While fanbases don't wanna hear that likely, I think if a head coach of a lower performing program still has good team engagement and players who aren't big troublemakers, they seem to get more rope. Mike Aldrich could very well be in that boat and it's a credit to doing things the right way..but just not having the good fortune of it translating into a .500 season, etc. I'm sure he feels pressure to win all the same..and I think this stuff is a year-to-year thing and a new AD might not have the same kinda patience....tbd.

I think Mary has an upward trajectory and that Bagnell's 4-7 campaign is a sign of hope....a big win at Northern..and 3 guys who got all american accolades on the offensive side of the ball..2 of which return. I've always said that Laqua does more with less at MSUM..and I believe that....and BSU had their best year, while SMSU just had a regime change in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                      I think at the D2 level the hot seat takes a fair amount more time to heat up since the following for the teams isn't quite as rabid as what you'd see in t he SEC/FBS kinda level.

At the small college level while you won't see an athletic director literally say it, I think plenty of them have a realistic expectation on W/L based on how much the school has been truly committed to compete at a league championship level = scholarship count, budget, resources, facilities. While fanbases don't wanna hear that likely, I think if a head coach of a lower performing program still has good team engagement and players who aren't big troublemakers, they seem to get more rope. Mike Aldrich could very well be in that boat and it's a credit to doing things the right way..but just not having the good fortune of it translating into a .500 season, etc. I'm sure he feels pressure to win all the same..and I think this stuff is a year-to-year thing and a new AD might not have the same kinda patience....tbd.

I think Mary has an upward trajectory and that Bagnell's 4-7 campaign is a sign of hope....a big win at Northern..and 3 guys who got all american accolades on the offensive side of the ball..2 of which return. I've always said that Laqua does more with less at MSUM..and I believe that....and BSU had their best year, while SMSU just had a regime change in football.
                      All good points.

I wonder though about circumstances where a new AD might want to come in and straighten out the books. Maybe not the sole reason for change but a contributing factor.

Comment

UMary AD position reposted yesterday on ncaa.org. Was that a failed search? Any insight into what's going on up north?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysabeaver View Post
                          UMary AD position reposted yesterday on ncaa.org. Was that a failed search? Any insight into what's going on up north?
                          Haven't heard anything but something interesting is going on. Surprised Lennon left, I dont want to over analyze but here it goes. Its common knowledge Mary is flush with money from the healthcare system. I am thinking Lennon has been asking higher ups to see some of it and getting the door slammed in his face. He got fed up and said, see ya. An AD repost could mean many things. Person they had in mind fell through, looking to get a candidate from other postings that werent successful in the midwest. I have a feeling they are looking for someone with a hockey background, just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Haven't heard anything but something interesting is going on. Surprised Lennon left, I dont want to over analyze but here it goes. Its common knowledge Mary is flush with money from the healthcare system. I am thinking Lennon has been asking higher ups to see some of it and getting the door slammed in his face. He got fed up and said, see ya. An AD repost could mean many things. Person they had in mind fell through, looking to get a candidate from other postings that werent successful in the midwest. I have a feeling they are looking for someone with a hockey background, just my two cents.
                            Moving hockey to NCAA status or just looking out for the ACHA team?
                            Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

Moving hockey to NCAA status or just looking out for the ACHA team?
                              Looking out for ACHA team as they move to Division 1. It would not surprise me if they made the push for NCAA. Could be a reason Lennon left, I have nothing concrete but from the outside looking in its an interesting dynamic.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X