Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Also, pregame I think I saw two in crutches. I haven't seen Zach Bohemkamp either. We must be missing a lot
    I don’t think you are going to see Bohenkamp play. Pretty sure he’s their string now.

We had a DE and a DT out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

I don’t think you are going to see Bohenkamp play. Pretty sure he’s their string now.

We had a DE and a DT out tonight.
      Wow...we really got better at D. He wasn't lights out but made some big plays so either he fell off or we got that much stronger, hopefully the 2nd

Comment

Unless I’m mistaken I thought Bohnenkamp did play tonight. He was not first string but was on the field. Hansen also game back after testing the portal. The D is so much better than last season.

Comment

Here is a write up of the game from last night. This site will likely provide better coverage of the Wolves this season than the Aberdeen News.

Northern State shuts down Peacocks in season opener

Comment

Looking forward to the game this weekend. Much better test of where we are truly at

Comment

This is a very big game for NSU. This should be a good test on the road to see if the defense is for real and if the offense can keep improving. Not that anyone should be looking ahead, but that's what fans do. With games against Mankato and Augie looming, the Wolves really need to win this week. I would expect NSU would be underdogs this week with the game in Wayne, but I expect the Wolves to pull out a close win.

Comment

Weird game yesterday. Defense played well. Offense moved the ball fairly well but due to a fumble on the goal line, dropped pass in the end zone and two missed field goals we couldn’t come up with enough points to over come those mistakes. I think Bonds is done at QB. He fumbled the ball on the goal line and had two picks. I expect to see Madler start and maybe Vespo get some playing time.

Comment

Weird game yesterday. Defense played well. Offense moved the ball fairly well but due to a fumble on the goal line, dropped pass in the end zone and two missed field goals we couldn’t come up with enough points to over come those mistakes. I think Bonds is done at QB. He fumbled the ball on the goal line and had two picks. I expect to see Madler start and maybe Vespo get some playing time.
                  Going off how Madler looked I'd very much prefer to see Vespo. At this point, if Max isn't going to turn into the guy for us down the road, they best be hitting up that portal hard.

Comment

I wasn't able to catch the game last weekend, but oof in what I read it was pretty ugly. I think the defense might be legit, we should find out more this weekend. It looks like the offense had opportunities but squandered them with turnovers or missed FGs. I'm not sure what the answer is on that side of the ball. If you listen to interviews with Coach Schmidt I think he understood the offense would struggle at the beginning of the year and would be no where near as explosive as last season. Hopefully they can figure something out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                      I wasn't able to catch the game last weekend, but oof in what I read it was pretty ugly. I think the defense might be legit, we should find out more this weekend. It looks like the offense had opportunities but squandered them with turnovers or missed FGs. I'm not sure what the answer is on that side of the ball. If you listen to interviews with Coach Schmidt I think he understood the offense would struggle at the beginning of the year and would be no where near as explosive as last season. Hopefully they can figure something out there.
                      This sounds like how we talked about Northern on our podcast last night. This isn't the same explosive offense..there isn't all the dudes in the passing game.

Any word on Larson's return or the Ingram situation = on the roster but not the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

This sounds like how we talked about Northern on our podcast last night. This isn't the same explosive offense..there isn't all the dudes in the passing game.

Any word on Larson's return or the Ingram situation = on the roster but not the field.
                        Pretty sure Ingram is not playing this year.

Being down two receivers from last years team certainly hurts but the biggest problem is at QB. Apparently Bonds gets the start this week but sounds like this is a make or break game for him. By Schmidt’s admission, he made a lot of mistakes last week.

Comment

Being down two receivers from last years team certainly hurts but the biggest problem is at QB. Apparently Bonds gets the start this week but sounds like this is a make or break game for him. By Schmidt’s admission, he made a lot of mistakes last week.
                          Tough spot. MSU has historically been taken advantage of through the air. But the speed they bring on D this year has helped to, at least make it more challenging… being down too WR and that kind of pressure may not be a good combo. Maybe he takes it on and goes for 400 and 4. Maybe he feels it and the Mavs D takes advantage. Find out at 6:00 I suppose.

Comment

I feel like the defense should hold Mankato to a reasonable score. The question is whether or not the offense will finish drives. Way to many points have been left on the table the first couple games. They have been able to move the ball decently, but it doesn’t mean anything if points don’t come with it.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
                              I feel like the defense should hold Mankato to a reasonable score. The question is whether or not the offense will finish drives. Way to many points have been left on the table the first couple games. They have been able to move the ball decently, but it doesn’t mean anything if points don’t come with it.
                              Could be another game like last week. Just hope the Wolves come up on top this time.

Comment

This would seem to make sense given some things I’ve heard and you often seem to have pretty good information. What I don’t understand is why he is here at all this season if he won’t see the field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X