Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 NSU Wolves Football

I could be missing something but just had to check if Thunder or Swisher knew of anything.

I believe NSU had its golf tournament and i feel like it came and went and i hardly had heard about it. Along with it being a HUGE event (I have only been there once) the auction was always a big part of it.

I looked after the fact and there was a lot of items with one or zero bids. For example they auction off four tickets for the suites for each game this coming Fall. The Mankato game got no bids and the Gypsy Days game went for only $125?!?!

So, hopefully I'm missing something and there isn't anything going on. Especially on offense I feel this will be another nice season for Northern and hoping I can finally make a game at the new place.

Comment

I think the biggest factor right now is some donor fatigue from the last several years. I don't know how the attendance was at the golf tournament, but the weather has not been very conducive to getting many rounds in this year so that may have been a factor as well. I did see that they extended the deadline for the silent auction a few days after the tournament. I had kinda forgotten about it and didn't even check to see what there was. I have begun to hear rumblings that some of the players from last year's team will not be back due to their lack of commitment as STUDENT-athletes. I can't confirm anything for sure, but if that becomes a regular problem it will be a real issue for a good chunk of the alumni base.

Comment

I heard Northern is hiring coach Bailey Berg from Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post
          I heard Northern is hiring coach Bailey Berg from Mankato.
          Seems to check out via the most unofficial way possible.

*He doesn't have a very active Twitter account but all his likes for the past two months have been Wolves related.

Comment

NSU's Regional Sports Complex was nominated for a national award, and is currently a finalist:

NSU Regional Sports Complex selected as finalist for national award (dakotanewsnow.com)

Here's the full list - they are competing with some pretty big institutions:

2022 Architectural Showcase Digital Experience | Athletic Business

And here's NSU's page:

Regional Sports Complex and Dacotah Bank Stadium at Northern State University (adobe.com)

Comment

As players report to campus this weekend to begin camp next week I find myself having conflicting thoughts on the season. On one hand, last year was probably the most fun I've ever had cheering on Wolves football. That excitement and the new stadium are enough for a positive outlook for the 2022 campaign. On the other hand, NSU has a lot of holes to fill this season. 1a on that list is the QB position. I admittedly hadn't been the biggest Trautman fan, but he was great last year and his teammates really seemed to love playing with him. Bonds was presumably brought in last season to replace Trautman, but couldn't wrestle the job away. I believe he is the frontrunner coming into camp, but Vespo (transfer from MoWest) is also an option. 1b is the Offensive Line. Between graduation and a couple of big outgoing transfers, the Wolves have some big shoes to fill there. They will be pretty young no matter which 5 end up in the starting line up. The skill players should be solid, but there are some question marks as to who exactly will be suiting up this fall.

The Wolves defense had a rough go most of last season, but they still have a bunch of holes to fill there as well. The DL appears to be mostly overhauled with transfers this season, but it remains to be seen how much depth there is. The LB crew should be very good, with most of the key players returning this season. The DB's will largely be a new group as well. This may not be the worst thing in the world as that group struggled at times last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                As players report to campus this weekend to begin camp next week I find myself having conflicting thoughts on the season. On one hand, last year was probably the most fun I've ever had cheering on Wolves football. That excitement and the new stadium are enough for a positive outlook for the 2022 campaign. On the other hand, NSU has a lot of holes to fill this season. 1a on that list is the QB position. I admittedly hadn't been the biggest Trautman fan, but he was great last year and his teammates really seemed to love playing with him. Bonds was presumably brought in last season to replace Trautman, but couldn't wrestle the job away. I believe he is the frontrunner coming into camp, but Vespo (transfer from MoWest) is also an option. 1b is the Offensive Line. Between graduation and a couple of big outgoing transfers, the Wolves have some big shoes to fill there. They will be pretty young no matter which 5 end up in the starting line up. The skill players should be solid, but there are some question marks as to who exactly will be suiting up this fall.

The Wolves defense had a rough go most of last season, but they still have a bunch of holes to fill there as well. The DL appears to be mostly overhauled with transfers this season, but it remains to be seen how much depth there is. The LB crew should be very good, with most of the key players returning this season. The DB's will largely be a new group as well. This may not be the worst thing in the world as that group struggled at times last season.
                Definitely a lot hinges on transfers/freshman. I am sure the QB position has been working plenty with this insanely talents WR core. If not, we have no shot. If they have, it is going to be another great season. No idea how they end up. Just hope being competitive against anyone continues. Baby steps, ha

Comment

Comment

Note: The Arrest Report is submitted by the Panola County Sheriff�s Office. The persons named here have been charged with a crime but have not been convicted.
                    Last edited by Swisher; 08-09-2022, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Wonder if that's a suspension deal or just off the roster or didn't come back. Would hate to see so much talent that (I personally feel) could have at least gotten some attention from a pro day to possibly lead to a CFL possibility. Hope it works out for him, but we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                        I could be missing something but just had to check if Thunder or Swisher knew of anything.

I believe NSU had its golf tournament and i feel like it came and went and i hardly had heard about it. Along with it being a HUGE event (I have only been there once) the auction was always a big part of it.

I looked after the fact and there was a lot of items with one or zero bids. For example they auction off four tickets for the suites for each game this coming Fall. The Mankato game got no bids and the Gypsy Days game went for only $125?!?!

So, hopefully I'm missing something and there isn't anything going on. Especially on offense I feel this will be another nice season for Northern and hoping I can finally make a game at the new place.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                          I think the biggest factor right now is some donor fatigue from the last several years. I don't know how the attendance was at the golf tournament, but the weather has not been very conducive to getting many rounds in this year so that may have been a factor as well. I did see that they extended the deadline for the silent auction a few days after the tournament. I had kinda forgotten about it and didn't even check to see what there was. I have begun to hear rumblings that some of the players from last year's team will not be back due to their lack of commitment as STUDENT-athletes. I can't confirm anything for sure, but if that becomes a regular problem it will be a real issue for a good chunk of the alumni base.
                          Before Josh left we discussed donor fatigue. Their main goal now is to raise money so the scholarships are fully funded. But can only go to the well so often. Going to take sometime
                          for people to come back around

Comment

Makes sense but foe those suites to go for so little, I wished I had bid on them all. Haha

Comment

Pretty sure he was off the team due to grades.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X