Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the more you play the portal, the more you will see this in return. As long as a staff they get that..it's kinda the game you play.

Comment

• I wonder if there is a site that tracks players who have transferred and breaks downs the stats by school. I'm curios how many kids transfer and get into a better situation vs those who transfer multiple times and never see the field or get into worse situations.

Comment

• Further, why isn't the transfer portal open and transparent? I cannot think of a single good reason why the information would not be available for all to see. These are young men and women who make transfer decisions and impact, in many cases, publicly funded institutions (even private schools get some federal monies). There is no academic issue so there can be no privacy considerations, as athletic activities are not subject to the same rules as grades, discipline, and attendance. Agree with WSUWarriorFan that the information and tracking would be interesting, and potentially a good resource for coaches to use with their student-athletes about transferring. The lack of transparency seems eerily similar to most other NCAA rules that have been struck down.

Comment

• Originally posted by WPHB View Post
          Further, why isn't the transfer portal open and transparent? I cannot think of a single good reason why the information would not be available for all to see. These are young men and women who make transfer decisions and impact, in many cases, publicly funded institutions (even private schools get some federal monies). There is no academic issue so there can be no privacy considerations, as athletic activities are not subject to the same rules as grades, discipline, and attendance. Agree with WSUWarriorFan that the information and tracking would be interesting, and potentially a good resource for coaches to use with their student-athletes about transferring. The lack of transparency seems eerily similar to most other NCAA rules that have been struck down.
          I'm sure there is something, similar to recruiting, that shows who has left, interested schools, signed/unsigned, etc. I don't necessarily get the transparency part. Most young men and women post that they have entered the portal and share the image that's proves it. For the NCAA I believe they only need that as proof to other schools so they can begin communication.

I'm sure other states are different but all of Northerns athletic scholarships are privately raised. The state of South Dakota does not use tax dollars for athletics scholarship funding. Though that may have changed recently, I highly doubt it or we would be sitting much better across the board right now.

Either way, you can feel how you wish but I don't know what more transparency is needed other than the "im leaving" and "I'm signing".

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I'm sure there is something, similar to recruiting, that shows who has left, interested schools, signed/unsigned, etc. I don't necessarily get the transparency part. Most young men and women post that they have entered the portal and share the image that's proves it. For the NCAA I believe they only need that as proof to other schools so they can begin communication.

I'm sure other states are different but all of Northerns athletic scholarships are privately raised. The state of South Dakota does not use tax dollars for athletics scholarship funding. Though that may have changed recently, I highly doubt it or we would be sitting much better across the board right now.

Either way, you can feel how you wish but I don't know what more transparency is needed other than the "im leaving" and "I'm signing".
            1. Maybe there is something that shows who has left/schools involved/signed or not. Just because I have not seen it does not mean that it doesn't exist.

2. For me, the transparency part is about the student-athletes. I don't care one way or the other if kids transfer. I worry about kids who are not completely informed making life decisions without being able to collect all the necessary information. When our family went through the recruiting process, I found it to be not the most honorable exercise sometimes, and cannot imagine it is any better for transfer students.

3. Learned something new!!! Did not know that S.D. does not publicly fund athletic scholarships. That is very interesting to me.

4. I am just grumpy with the NCAA for their attempt to control all aspects of student-athletes lives without there being any checks on their processes.

Comment

• I believe all of the transfer information is readily available to schools and coaches through some sort of actual portal. What I think all of us fans would like to see is a website with all of that information available as well. I think there are resources available on that front for D1 sports, but not so much for us lowly D2 fans.

Comment

• I see Jake Oliphant is back in the transfer portal. Maybe he will transfer back to Northern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisher View Post
                  I see Jake Oliphant is back in the transfer portal. Maybe he will transfer back to Northern.
                  I would be surprised if they take him but they are hurting for some OL. He made a mistake leaving in the first place.

Comment

• K/P Payton Eue is in the transfer portal as a grad transfer with 1 year of eligibility.

Comment

K/P Payton Eue is in the transfer portal as a grad transfer with 1 year of eligibility.
                      Saw Skelly is outski too

Comment

• Another starter is about to hit the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJE_ View Post
                          Another starter is about to hit the portal.
                          We don't have any left, do we? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Saw Skelly is outski too
                            Lands at Winona...

Comment

I see Jake Oliphant is back in the transfer portal. Maybe he will transfer back to Northern.
                              He's back

Comment

• Originally posted by TJE_ View Post
                                Another starter is about to hit the portal.
                                Will Madler?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X