Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illinoisguy23 View Post
    if Upper Iowa leaves no Biggie since the school is set just like the Lone Star is even with both conference on the verge of losing a few members if Augustana and a few others move tp D1.
    Augustana is the only one moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Augustana is the only one moving up.
      The only moving Augustana is doing is a D1 hockey team. MSU in all sports will move to D1 long before AU.

Comment

i meant the conference not the school but honestly it was kinda stupid the Summit didnt take Auggie. denying them simply because of size would be pointless

Comment

i meant the conference not the school but honestly it was kinda stupid the Summit didnt take Auggie. denying them simply because of size would be pointless
          They took St. Thomas instead who seemed to be more attractive from a market perspective in Twin Cities is what has been discussed.

Comment

i feel like they took the Tommies because overall their program was extremely successful and they got booted out of their own conference. kinda crazy

Comment

i feel like they took the Tommies because overall their program was extremely successful and they got booted out of their own conference. kinda crazy
              The reason's Augie was denied were it would be another Dakota school versus expanding conference footprint into a large market and first Minnesota school, also both USD and SDSU voted Augustana down. AU is committed to D2 for the foreseeable future with the startup of South Dakota's 1'st D1 hockey program.

Comment

well i hope they move up before 2030

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                  I inquired about them with a source who covers their part of the world....and I got no impression they are ready to make such a jump, but there's no doubt their future facility plans are impressive. I would agree they are a school worth keeping an eye on....as they are doing a lot of nice things on that campus in general and really becoming an information technology school of note in our area.
                  DSU to the NSIC would be an interesting move for sure. Glad they are going to put some more money into facilities as Trojan Field desperately needs it. I'm still mad about their rebrand though. The colors/logo are terrible and just a worse version of UWF or Great Falls. I get wanting to differentiate more with SDSU a little bit but just deemphasize the yellow instead of the weird scheme they have now

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

The only moving Augustana is doing is a D1 hockey team. MSU in all sports will move to D1 long before AU.

Comment

I think the Summit would take MSU and I don't think MSU would make any move without that assurance in place. The only thing holding them back is the money.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

The reason's Augie was denied were it would be another Dakota school versus expanding conference footprint into a large market and first Minnesota school, also both USD and SDSU voted Augustana down. AU is committed to D2 for the foreseeable future with the startup of South Dakota's 1'st D1 hockey program.

Comment

Comment

The money is the higher hurdle for Auggie to "maneuver?" So they got the invite but didn't have the money to go D-I? Odd, thought it was the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

The money is the higher hurdle for Auggie to "maneuver?" So they got the invite but didn't have the money to go D-I? Odd, thought it was the other way around.

Comment

I would miss UIU if they left, the branding is top notch and they've been quite good in basketball recently.
                                So we would be down to 13 football playing schools? I volunteer Wayne to the MIAA. Nice 12 team football conference.
                                Sorry, Wayne nothing personal. I've never met a Wayne fan I couldn't get along with.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X