Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    I would miss UIU if they left, the branding is top notch and they've been quite good in basketball recently.
    So we would be down to 13 football playing schools? I volunteer Wayne to the MIAA. Nice 12 team football conference.
    Sorry, Wayne nothing personal. I've never met a Wayne fan I couldn't get along with.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

No worries...I'll update the weekly standings and schedule in your honor! We'll miss you Super!

Comment

No worries...I'll update the weekly standings and schedule in your honor! We'll miss you Super!

Comment

I don't think that Dakota State will be joining the NSIC, but here is a video of their football field that they are working on. I saw a game there in 2020 when the NAIA played ball.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1546598014449463296

Comment

I would miss UIU if they left, the branding is top notch and they've been quite good in basketball recently.
            So we would be down to 13 football playing schools? I volunteer Wayne to the MIAA. Nice 12 team football conference.
            Sorry, Wayne nothing personal. I've never met a Wayne fan I couldn't get along with.
            "Upper Iowa is being forced out of the NSIC" according to a source I made up. "UIU is stuck in their misogynistic ways and refuses to refer to their student athletes, identifying as women, as Peahens. We asked them to consider and more unified gender inclusive term of 'Peafowl' but they refused again to comply. This behavior does not align with the NSIC and their core beliefs and standards. Also, Iowa is a stupid state."

Comment

I spoke with someone who's son plays football at Jamestown and the D2 talk is real. Does the NSIC have any desire at all of going past 16 members or will Upper Iowa really move to the GLVC. Another school I like for the GLVC is St. Ambrose; they would pair nicely with UIU.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                I spoke with someone who's son plays football at Jamestown and the D2 talk is real. Does the NSIC have any desire at all of going past 16 members or will Upper Iowa really move to the GLVC. Another school I like for the GLVC is St. Ambrose; they would pair nicely with UIU.
                We are absolutely going to see a split at some point. As I've said before I think it will be a "have and have nots" type of deal. Just my opinion of course, but it just seems like it will be a split breaking of a NCC/NSIC variety.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

We are absolutely going to see a split at some point. As I've said before I think it will be a "have and have nots" type of deal. Just my opinion of course, but it just seems like it will be a split breaking of a NCC/NSIC variety.
                  Just my opinion as well, but I think your opinion is spot on.

Curious where St. Cloud would go - being a former NCC, still a fairly large school, and now not having football.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Just my opinion as well, but I think your opinion is spot on.

Curious where St. Cloud would go - being a former NCC, still a fairly large school, and now not having football.
                    Tough to know. I'm sure it will mostly be determined by football scholarships/investments. Next will be overall funding, market size, fan base, etc.

I had a theory years ago about the P5 being alone, the rest of FBS and the top of FCS would be a new thing, the rest of FCS and the top of D2 would form a new thing, on down the line.

With so much movement things get over saturated over time. So, the NSIC split may not happen until some other moving parts happen, but silly to think it will last forever.

I'm not old, but I'm pretty traditional so the changes of conferences, the NIL, the transferring kind of puts on a damper on what i loved so much about college sports. (I'm not upset about the opportunities, I get it, just from a personal stand point, you can see and feel the difference)

It is what it is.

On the flip side, Northern used to play Jamestown A LOT, so maybe some would enjoy that addition. I'm not real thrilled on the news but beyond my controll.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                      There facilities appear to be D2. I don't know what their scholarship limit is, but from a viewpoint of facilities alone it looks like they can make the move..

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

There facilities appear to be D2. I don't know what their scholarship limit is, but from a viewpoint of facilities alone it looks like they can make the move..
                        Very much agree about facilities.

Football team went just 2-8 in the GPAC. Much improvement needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Very much agree about facilities.

Football team went just 2-8 in the GPAC. Much improvement needed.
                          I know that the GPAC is a step up from the NSAA, but with the greatly increased travel and losing the rivalries I'm not sure why they made the change.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I know that the GPAC is a step up from the NSAA, but with the greatly increased travel and losing the rivalries I'm not sure why they made the change.
                            The NSAA certainly has felt like they should have called it the Land of Misfit Toys Conference (LMTC). I think their are some schools that could and should join them and it could kind of solidify itself. It would be a good fit for Crookston, TBH. They need to either gain some from the GPAC or some of those bigger GPAC schools, especially Virtebo, Waldorf, Bellevue or Dakota State, could find themselves in the GPAC and the rest of the school left in the dust.

Comment

I'm in agreement with NSU4LIFE that college athletics are evolving driven by greed for revenue at the highest level. Also, there will be more divisions NCAA sports such as D2A, D2B to level competitive play. Schools are abandoning NAIA for the more prestigious NCAA. Possible candidates include Jamestown, DSU, NW of Iowa, Morningside and Grand View. A split in the NSIC is a reality and would be good for competitive reasons.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X