Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New turf at Minot

Minot is in the process of laying new synthetic turf at Herb Parker Stadium. The old turf apparently lasted 6 years, which with the heavy use year-round, seemed pretty good.
    Attached Files

The old turf was installed when The Herb was remodeled in 2010/11. During that time, they also took out the track. Here is the link from the MSU website. Getting new turf installed is probably a few years over due with the amount of traffic the field gets throughout the entire year.
    https://www.minotstateu.edu/map/loc/herb_parker.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rising View Post
      The old turf was installed when The Herb was remodeled in 2010/11. During that time, they also took out the track. Here is the link from the MSU website. Getting new turf installed is probably a few years over due with the amount of traffic the field gets throughout the entire year.
      https://www.minotstateu.edu/map/loc/herb_parker.shtml
      I didn't realize it had been there that long.
      You're right that it gets heavy use, between football, baseball, softball, golf, track and other sports using it when the bubble was up, they definitely got their use out of it.
      I know it was starting to "shed" quite a bit, and if you spent time on it, the little pieces of turf would get everywhere.

Comment

Turf is in!
        It looks as if First Western Bank really stepped up!
        Attached Files

Comment

Ewww I don't love that

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            Ewww I don't love that
            It's a different look, but if the field naming rights help support the program and give the coaches and athletes more resources to improve the program, it's all good.

Comment

Why does it have the old logo at midfield?

Comment

Originally posted by WhyNotMinot View Post

It's a different look, but if the field naming rights help support the program and give the coaches and athletes more resources to improve the program, it's all good.
                Of course. I just don't love it plastered on the field, especially at that size.

Comment

Looks like they copied the Gate City Bank footprint that is at the Fargodome.
                  Millsy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X