Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AU guy View Post

I asked about it again and I was told they are getting close to wrapping it up. But nothing concrete yet. I would have thought it would have been done a month or so ago.
    If they are telling you they are close to wrapping it up, seems like OJ has his guy then. I guess if you aren't going to change the offense much, no need to rush the decision, just gotta have someone in place by Spring Ball.

I agree on the O-Line improvement. I think that may be the position group that shows the most improvement year over year. Lots of experience in the skill positions and lots of depth. I know Coach Sipp takes a lot of heat (right or wrong) on the board for the DLine rotations, but I hope those reps will help us reload instead of rebuilding the DLine. Think it is time to start an Augie 2023 thread!

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post

If they are telling you they are close to wrapping it up, seems like OJ has his guy then. I guess if you aren't going to change the offense much, no need to rush the decision, just gotta have someone in place by Spring Ball.

I agree on the O-Line improvement. I think that may be the position group that shows the most improvement year over year. Lots of experience in the skill positions and lots of depth. I know Coach Sipp takes a lot of heat (right or wrong) on the board for the DLine rotations, but I hope those reps will help us reload instead of rebuilding the DLine. Think it is time to start an Augie 2023 thread!
      Coach Sipple is right in rotating the D-line as he does. Vikings lose 3 seniors in Diepenbrock, Henrich and Kemp who I believe were all starters, meaning there is much experience returning. Defense will be solid if not exceptional, replacing Eli Weber will be difficult as he was an exceptional safety. Offense has some question marks, with the injuries to 2 running backs in Epperson and Johnson las season, they will both be back and strong. Offensive line will be solid QB starter will be an interesting competition with Scholten, Hensley and Bauman if he returns. Bauman was showing promise at end of year despite a nagging shoulder injury. Super recruit Mack Molander could be in the mix. WR returns plenty of talent. Coach OJ said about his recruiting class there are some recruits that will fill immediate needs. Going to be another exciting year.

Comment

I have heard the OC has accepted the position and will be announced soon. Previously a position coach at a local university with prior OC experience.

Comment

https://goaugie.com/news/2023/2/9/fo...ordinator.aspx

Comes from the USD staff....WR Coach last year....has a decent amount of experience as an OC from the NAIA-Eastern Oregon out in the Frontier conference with the Montana teams like Carroll, etc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X