Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

As I've gotten older I'm started to dislike summer more and more. Turing into a fall and spring time guy.
    Yeah, I get it. Fall is my #2 season and a break from the blistering hot is appreciated. I just loathe winter.

Comment

Looked back at the 2021 pre-season poll where the coaches overwhelming chose Kato going into the season. We all know what happened. That's not a dig on the Mavs, but an indictment of the parity and craziness we saw in the NSIC last season that previously hasn't really existed.

Going into this season, the coaches definitely don't have a clear frontrunner in mind and we see such a tight poll at the top. Feels like the conference is wide open again and the picks all certainly seem fair to me. I don't expect MSU to stay down for long. Can USF stop dropping one or two key games a season? Can BSU and Augie stay on top? Were Mary and Northern one-hit wonders? Hard to believe it's August already. Looking forward to watching my first live NSIC season since 2015. It's good to be back. Let's go Coo.
      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
      2016 NSIC Champions
      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

I'm looking forward to another exciting football season. Hopefully we get some more "NSIC is Drunk" this season like last year but I'm guessing things will return more to "normal" this year. I believe the long COVID layoff and missed season led to the unpredictability of last season. I think the top 5 of Augie, Bemidji, Duluth, Mankato, and USF are the NSIC teams that will be fighting for a postseason spot. Mankato had a disappointing season last year for sure, but they've more than earned the benefit of the doubt that last season was a blip and not a trend. The next tier of Winona, Northern, Wayne, Moorhead, and Mary can be competitive with the top 5 but I don't believe they will have enough to compete for the playoffs. It will be interesting to see what the new era in Winona brings this season. Northern has a lot of holes to fill in order to keep the momentum going from coach Schmidt and Dacotah Bank Stadium's first season. I expect the bottom four of Concordia, Minot, SMSU, and Upper Iowa to have rough seasons. One of them could very well surprise and get close to .500 but 4 wins is probably the absolute ceiling for any of these teams.

Comment

Really looking forward to this season. Fall has always been my favorite time of the year. Everyones content with relaxing, ya winter is closer but nothing takes place of a crisp fall day. For what its worth farmers almanac predicts one of the worst winters we have seen.

Thunder I agree with your pre season analysis, anything can happen but I think this year will really solidify which teams are contenders and where they stand in terms of tiers. Gameday can't come soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
            Really looking forward to this season. Fall has always been my favorite time of the year. Everyones content with relaxing, ya winter is closer but nothing takes place of a crisp fall day. For what its worth farmers almanac predicts one of the worst winters we have seen.

Thunder I agree with your pre season analysis, anything can happen but I think this year will really solidify which teams are contenders and where they stand in terms of tiers. Gameday can't come soon enough.
            Feels like fall this morning and it is wonderful.

Also, for what its worth, Farmers Almanac predicted like 200+ inches of snow a few years back and I think we got like 60 or something. There is a reason it is called Mother Nature....she can change moods at any moment and you'll never be able to predict which one she chooses.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Definitely, October is a great month. Playoff baseball, college hockey, the thick of the football season - and I enjoy cheesy horror movies on the slow weekends. Can still attend a football game without dressing like the Michelin Man...

Looking at the schedule, if the Mustangs win two games - that might be "good." (Yuck.) Then again, new coach, a few new key players - something could happen. That's the fun of preseason analysis, it all goes out the window come kickoff.

The first sacred Thursday - SMSU, Augustana, and USF are all on the road. Guess I'll either have to take the afternoon off and go to Aberdeen, or just not watch football in-person. Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                The first sacred Thursday - SMSU, Augustana, and USF are all on the road. Guess I'll either have to take the afternoon off and go to Aberdeen, or just not watch football in-person. Joy.
                I haven't looked at a master schedule yet, but other than week 1, are there any games during the week?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I haven't looked at a master schedule yet, but other than week 1, are there any games during the week?
                  I don't believe so as far as I'm aware. Seems like week 1 has been a Thursday for the past few years at least. I know they were doing a "Game of the Week" on Thursday, but that didn't last long.

What do people think of week 1 on Thursday? I'm torn.

Comment

I don't believe so as far as I'm aware. Seems like week 1 has been a Thursday for the past few years at least. I know they were doing a "Game of the Week" on Thursday, but that didn't last long.

Mixed feelings. Home game- students can attend and still go home for the Labor Day weekend. Road game- harder to make it there. On the plus side- I can see a game on Thursday and another one on Saturday. I like being able to watch some teams that I've never seen before to add to my list. Sometimes I can make it to two games on the same day- afternoon and night.

Comment

Mixed feelings. Home game- students can attend and still go home for the Labor Day weekend. Road game- harder to make it there. On the plus side- I can see a game on Thursday and another one on Saturday. I like being able to watch some teams that I've never seen before to add to my list. Sometimes I can make it to two games on the same day- afternoon and night.
                      Yeah, if I want to go I have to use vacation time to drive up to Aberdeen - so I likely won't see anything week 1. But on the flipside, it leaves my Saturday open for either other college football games or to be enjoyed as summer winds down and I can still be outside.

Sometimes it is fun to have something in the evenings on a weekday too, for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Comment

As a player... Thursday night games meant fall camp ended two days earlier. That makes it a win in my book. Though fall camp now is hardly recognizable to the fall camps of old.

As a fan, I still like the Thursday night games. It's a nice appetizer to the fall and frees up the long weekend for anything else. More football or one last summer trip.
                          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

As a fan, I've always liked the Thursday night games. The waiting is done sooner and it's a way to get hyped up even more for the Saturday (and Friday) games during the weekend. They're especially great when your team wins, makes those Saturdays a little less stressful when you already know your team has notched a victory and you can just sit back and watch the rest of chaos play out in other games.

Comment

Thursday night is fine for opening weekend, other than the fact it clashes with a lot of high school games in these Minnesota markets.

Comment

I see that Morningside was the #1 preseason pick again. What a dynasty.
                                Yep, they've got the NAIA POY back at Qb, but lost RB, Wr and some O-line. Might have to win more defensively this year, but Ryan will ALWAYS throw it around.
                                #3 Northwestern at #1 Morningside to start the year Sept 3rd btw

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X