• Show
Clear All

Not sure what to make of this interview

https://espnsiouxfalls.com/sioux-fal...derson-firing/

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
      Not sure what to make of this interview

https://espnsiouxfalls.com/sioux-fal...derson-firing/
      I listened but didn't hear anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
        Holy smokes, 40-17 record and fired? There must have been some behind the scenes things going on. Anyone on the inside at USF have any add'l info? A bit of a shocker I'd say!
        Great guy. Good coach. But yes there is more to the story. Like the AD said direction of the program matters. There is a reason USF seems to lose at least 1 game a year against a team they are more talented than on paper. And players (at least some) thought so too.

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
          I am somewhat taken back by the coaching change. Coach A has never been nothing but respectful and nice to my family. My son has enjoyed playing for him. I think he won't have many issues finding a job. I do not think there is much "behind the scenes" issues. I do not think him and the AD were a cohesive unit. But don't get me wrong being 7-0 and ranked 10th to not making the playoffs is a big issue. Coaching is to blame, effort is to blame, execution is to blame. So many factors that I don't see it fair to point a finger at one aspect.

What I didn't appreciate is the total cleaning house of assistants. They let go of some really good coaches who have bright futures. I know you start over with new assistants in a coaching change but I can say a few should of been given a chance to prove their worth to the program. And what really burned me up was not letting the staff or at least Anderson address the kids. That was not right.

Hopefully they can find the right fit, they still have a very talented roster but I won't be surprised if a handful of kids transfer. Time will tell
          Ya I dodnt like this either. And not even letting the kids and the staff communicate. Don't see the logic. Very hostile.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

If singing is a part of the job description, maybe Mr. Hansen would be interested?

Take It To The Top (Brian Hansen & Morten Andersen) 1985 - YouTube
            Lol. Great guy. I remember him being the first former NFL player I ever met. During FCA he'd tell us stories of Vinny T. We were in awe!

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

Lol. Great guy. I remember him being the first former NFL player I ever met. During FCA he'd tell us stories of Vinny T. We were in awe!
              I randomly heard that song one day in a YouTube video and thought it was awesome. I sent him some football cards once, but I never actually met him. Heard he's a great guy though!

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I randomly heard that song one day in a YouTube video and thought it was awesome. I sent him some football cards once, but I never actually met him. Heard he's a great guy though!
                My brother is a New Orleans Saints fan. He became a fan because we grew up across the street from the USF campus (back then it was Sioux Falls College.) The football team used to have their practice field right on the main campus. After school my brother would walk over and shag balls for Hansen. When Hansen went into the NFL my brother became a Saints fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

My brother is a New Orleans Saints fan. He became a fan because we grew up across the street from the USF campus (back then it was Sioux Falls College.) The football team used to have their practice field right on the main campus. After school my brother would walk over and shag balls for Hansen. When Hansen went into the NFL my brother became a Saints fan.
                  Ha, that's really cool actually. I really like the campus and the area around it, seems like a fun place to grow up.

Comment

Can you guys wait till Ryan wins his 4th title for the Mustangs before taking him away, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
                      Can you guys wait till Ryan wins his 4th title for the Mustangs before taking him away, please?
                      That or Dusty! Love his offensive mind and Pedigree.

Comment

• Breske from BHSU is the leader in the clubhouse$$

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
                          Breske from BHSU is the leader in the clubhouse$$
                          Nice guy. Married to a classmate of mine. Bleeds USF purple for sure. The Donor $ that potentially comes with his hiring isn't a bad thing, either. Is this another safe hire though?

Comment

• Originally posted by tman28 View Post
                            The Donor $ that potentially comes with his hiring isn't a bad thing, either. Is this another safe hire though?
                            What sort of donor money does he have access to that others dont?

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

What sort of donor money does he have access to that others dont?
                              Eh..... not on me to speak on. He has close family ties to someone who's a huge businessman in SD. Has given millions to SDSU and BHS.

Comment

• Originally posted by tman28 View Post

Eh..... not on me to speak on. He has close family ties to someone who's a huge businessman in SD. Has given millions to SDSU and BHS.
                                So he’s married to Dana Dykhouse’s daughter, which makes him want to leave his (and her) alma mater?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X