Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 USF Cougars

Interested to see what everyone thinks of them this season. I think they should contend for the NSIC crown. Returning a four O line starters I believe. Top 4 rushers including Reisdorfer and Freeman. Really interested in the progression of Mullen at quarterback. Loved what I saw from him last year and excited to watch him the next three years. They lost a lot of production at receiver so they will need to fill the void there.
    Defensively they should again be at the top two or three in the conference. Lots of playmakers on the D line and experience at linebacker. That D line is scary, they are deep at tackle and end and return a ton of production. Also return leading tackler Jantzen. Like receiver on the offensive end, they lost some guys at defensive back but the front seven should help out the inexperienced backfield.
    I think the playoffs are a real reachable goal for the Coo but I am obviously biased LOL

Here's hoping our football program logs its 28th consecutive winning season!

Comment

I need to see at minimum a playoff berth this year to not be massively disappointed. There are certianly still question marks like who is Mullen going to throw to and will he be allowed to but I like the depth and experience we have overall.

And if I'm being honest, it's been far too long since we won a PO game (2016) with far too many close calls and blown leads since. Time to get that monkey off the back.
      Last edited by Otis Day; 08-25-2022, 02:42 PM.
      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
      2016 NSIC Champions
      ๐Ÿ”‘๐Ÿ”‘๐Ÿ”‘๐Ÿ”‘๐Ÿ”‘๐Ÿ”‘๐Ÿ”‘๐Ÿ”‘

Comment

I think they are being a bit underrated. A lot will depend on how the newcomers fill in the lost production. 2 Transfer TE's from the FCS level. Very deep there. Hopefully the talent ive seen from some of those big play WR's on tape, is proven on the field (Jaelon Taylor and Trevon Brown). Also Transfer Ethan Wittenburg from Winona is my pick to be the most productive WR this year (34 catches for 624 yards and 5 Td's) last yr. I expect the Defense to be at the top of the league as they are usually. Need to lock up in the secondary compared to last year imo.

Comment

Logo update coming next week. Forging ahead with one, don't screw this up USF.

The original plan had been to distribute yet another survey to ask for feedback on logo options, but given 1) strong and clear input from key stakeholder groups already (over 1,000 survey responses resulting in over 400 pages of survey results alone, every page of which was read and considered), 2) additional care to preserve the integrity of the rollout, and 3) the timeline of numerous revisions by the task force, the group felt confident moving forward with the final logo being recommended to the Board of Trustees Executive Committee. This allowed the process to continue moving forward expeditiously.10:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 8. Faculty and staff, current students, alumni, trustees and media will be invited to attend a news conference and open house to follow.

Again, we are so grateful to all who have contributed to this substantial undertaking for the University through survey participation, being a voice on the Visual Rebrand Task Force and more. Even after public launch, there will still be much work to be done, so thank you to everyone who has participated thus far in the process.
          2016 NSIC Champions

Comment

Team looked good in the 1st game. Running game wasn't as explosive as what was expected with the returning Rbs and oline. But they seem deep and loaded at RB. Also what a 1st game for Mullen.... was not expecting that! He was throwing darts and spreading it out. If that's any indicator of how Coach Mace is going to change gameplan when things arnt working in excited!

Defense was very good as expected and is loaded with Talent. The D-end from NDSU is very talented as are a few of the outside lineman. USF has seemed to be targeting these types of players that have been missing a bit in the past. Moorhead I believe is a good NSIC north team. Liked what I saw from them at QB, WR and Linebackers spots.
            Last edited by tman28; 09-10-2022, 04:42 AM.

Comment

USF visual rebrand annouced this morning. I am whelmed. Kinda looks like a CSP lookalike. It's fine. Just seems like a lot of hype for not much of anything minus the cross in the U.

Looks like atheltics will not be changing any time soon, which I'm okay with.

Is the Athletics logo changing?

No. Based off a competitive analysis, survey feedback and the recent nature of its last update, the Cougar Athletics logo will remain unchanged at this time.
              https://www.usiouxfalls.edu/about-us...sked-questions
              2016 NSIC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post
                Team looked good in the 1st game. Running game wasn't as explosive as what was expected with the returning Rbs and oline. But they seem deep and loaded at RB. Also what a 1st game for Mullen.... was not expecting that! He was throwing darts and spreading it out. If that's any indicator of how Coach Mace is going to change gameplan when things arnt working in excited!

Defense was very good as expecteexpectee is loaded with Talent. The D-end from NDSU as very talented as are a few of the outside lineman. USF has seemed to be targeting these types of players that have been missing a bit in the past. Moorhead I believe is a good NSIC north team. Liked what I saw from them at QB, WR and Linebackers spots.
                Neat story about that D End. Played QB and Safety in HS. Got hurt his Senior year, missed a lot of the season. Guess he's an outstanding basketball player. Went to a D3 school to hoop, left and went to NDSU to be a student. Thought he would give football a shot. Sent some feelers out to play TE. USF took a chance on him. Spent last year developing. Kid is a unreal athlete, now that he's getting some of the nuances down he's going to be an issue for offenses. Coo D Line is deep, athletic and very good.

Comment

During yesterday's game I sat next to Adam Mullen's and Dylan Rudningen's fathers. Nice guys.

Both had good games so that was fun.

Comment

I wanted to see USF play a bit before I made this claim. Beginning the year I though Augie had the top returning talent and had them going 10-1, While USF 9-2. Now I have to believe the Cougars go 11-0 in the NSIC. I believe they are the most well rounded and deep team in the league. With The rbs they have and what Mullen has showed me he can do with Talent at WR and TE plus the strong D they are my pick to maybe get the top seed in the region.

Comment

I think I'm going to drive our 1924 Ford Model T out to the Bob for the homecoming game. Hopefully I can figure out a way to get my big USF flag mounted to it.

So if you see someone driving a Model T near the stadium, there's a very good chance that's me. Swing by and say, "Hi."

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post
                        I wanted to see USF play a bit before I made this claim. Beginning the year I though Augie had the top returning talent and had them going 10-1, While USF 9-2. Now I have to believe the Cougars go 11-0 in the NSIC. I believe they are the most well rounded and deep team in the league. With The rbs they have and what Mullen has showed me he can do with Talent at WR and TE plus the strong D they are my pick to maybe get the top seed in the region.
                        USF will have a chance today and next week to see if your confidence is warranted. They havenโ€™t played much of a gauntlet this season so today will be their first test. If UMD is healthy it should be a good game. If they are still trying to figure out the QB and if Carmickle is less than 100% I donโ€™t think they can hang with the Coo. I would be pretty surprised if an NSIC team gets the #1 seed but I suppose if someone runs the table itโ€™s possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

USF will have a chance today and next week to see if your confidence is warranted. They havenโ€™t played much of a gauntlet this season so today will be their first test. If UMD is healthy it should be a good game. If they are still trying to figure out the QB and if Carmickle is less than 100% I donโ€™t think they can hang with the Coo. I would be pretty surprised if an NSIC team gets the #1 seed but I suppose if someone runs the table itโ€™s possible.
                          Yes a very good team. Very well coached and disciplined good athletes too. I'd say it's a good thing that UMD is relying on a lot of trickery on offense as that often says a team doesn't think they can beat another straight up. But what does that matter if UMD wins!

Comment

I hate how USF plays so conservative in tight games. Theve been doing it for years. If the other team knows you are gonna run of course they are loading the box. What's the point of having those catching TEs if you arnt going to even try to throw?
                            Last edited by tman28; 09-24-2022, 05:23 PM.

Comment

And of course now that you havnt thrown the whole game, you are forced to throw and a pick happens. Duh!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X