Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    USF hasn't dropped 3 games in a row since becoming a member of the NSIC. Let's keep that trend going.

In fact, now would be the perfect time to suddenly pull off an unexpected 7 game winning streak. :)
    Those first 3 games of 2011. Ooof. Washburn, NW Missouri, and D1 McNeese.

Time to flip the script and get back on track.
    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
    2016 NSIC Champions
    πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

I'm so disappointed with thus years team. They are very disappointed too I believe. Seems like a free fall for a playoff level team to lose to not only 1, but 2 teams I feel they are better than. Smh. Feeling seems to be the offensive playcalling hasn't been recieved very well the last few weeks.

Comment

USF did the same thing to me this year that the Minnesota Twins did: play strong the first half of the season, get my hopes up, and then completely implode at the end.

Comment

I don’t wanna relieve that or the past 3 games but of some disappointing seasons in the past 5 years, this one takes the cake.

The implosion by the USF sideline and team today was hard to stomach as a proud program alum. First time I was embarrassed of the effort and display I saw from the Coo. Penalty fiasco, blown lead, poor playcalling, I’ve seen it all before. At least volleyball is looking up lately.
          Last edited by Otis Day; 11-05-2022, 07:25 PM.
          2016 NSIC Champions

Comment

yeah… brutal

Comment

Really mind boggling how the last three weeks went. Yesterday was the cherry on top. What did they have 80 yards in penalties in the 4th quarter? I didn’t agree with the personal foul on the read option or the offensive pass interference but the rest of those could of been avoided. The play calling on both sides if the ball just doesn’t make sense. The rotation of players in and out doesn’t make sense. I think this staff and these players have a lot of things to work out in the offseason unless this program is content being 8-3 or 7-4 every year

Comment

Otis, T-man, Tunda, Illini,

Probably best I don't go into a lot of detail. However, after the game many of us (who have been at the games since mid 90s and longer) agreed this is the biggest meltdown we have ever seen. I believe USFIllini is correct on the observation about being 8-3 or 7-4 every year (again that was the consensus among many of us).

It seems if Thuro can't get 3-7 yards consistently there is no consistent offense. IF USF makes the playoffs, they probably go to CO Mines and get boat-raced.

Comment

I didn't see the whole game today, but from what I saw the team cleaned up a lot of the discipline issues from last week. That was good to see.

I know the fans from a lot of other teams would be ecstatic with an 8-3 regular season record, but we USF fans have higher expectations. As a result this season really feels like a letdown to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                    I didn't see the whole game today, but from what I saw the team cleaned up a lot of the discipline issues from last week. That was good to see.

I know the fans from a lot of other teams would be ecstatic with an 8-3 regular season record, but we USF fans have higher expectations. As a result this season really feels like a letdown to me.
                    Major letdown. Especially because it wasn't for a lack of talent. Being up in the first half against teams I believe we outmatched talent wise, than losing? Ouch. Crazy how one player getting injured seemed to lead to two loses (Winona and Wayne).

One was all on the field, And I think from there with the Mankato loss the team lost so much confidence/momentum. Hate this for Thuros last year too. Great kid and Family. Im proud of him! I think the future is bright for him like I always have!
                    Last edited by tman28; 11-12-2022, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
                      Otis, T-man, Tunda, Illini,

Probably best I don't go into a lot of detail. However, after the game many of us (who have been at the games since mid 90s and longer) agreed this is the biggest meltdown we have ever seen. I believe USFIllini is correct on the observation about being 8-3 or 7-4 every year (again that was the consensus among many of us).

It seems if Thuro can't get 3-7 yards consistently there is no consistent offense. IF USF makes the playoffs, they probably go to CO Mines and get boat-raced.
                      This was my fear with the intial 'safe' hire in Coach A... Six seasons later nothing has shown me it can be better. The offensive playcalling, blown leads, untimely lack of discipline, special teams issues. Same pattern of miscues that always manage to reappear at the worst possible times. PO losses in 2017 and 2019. Blown conference title shots in 2017 and this year. I've resigned to the fact that this is who we are until proven otherwise. I felt like I've lowered my expecatations and emotional investment to match the current state of the program and I still manged to be massively let down at the end of this season, even though I've seen it all before. Maybe they'll use this 2022 meltdown as motivation? Except that's exactly what they said the motivation was this season after missing the POs last year. So....

This is D2 football (plus USF and money... lolz) and I'm just a far too invested alum on a message board, so calling for people's jobs isn't exactly the answer here. Grass is always greener. Talent wasn't really the issue so recruiting isn't exactly falling off. But it's sure hard to watch with SMSU and Wayne making the South even tougher, and Northern vying for more in-state talent with their investments, to go along with the usual suspects of Augie, Kato, Winona, etc. and feel super comfortable about where the program is at.

And with all that... I'll still be back next season to do it all again.
                      2016 NSIC Champions

Comment

Hearing some big changes came today

Comment

USF just let go of Coach Anderson and all assistant coaches except for two

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
                            USF just let go of Coach Anderson and all assistant coaches except for two
                            The judges confirm this DOES qualify as β€œbig changes”

Comment

Hearing the same... I am shocked they went through with it. Stay tuned.
                              2016 NSIC Champions

Comment

Press release coming at 5PM

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X