Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am somewhat taken back by the coaching change. Coach A has never been nothing but respectful and nice to my family. My son has enjoyed playing for him. I think he won't have many issues finding a job. I do not think there is much "behind the scenes" issues. I do not think him and the AD were a cohesive unit. But don't get me wrong being 7-0 and ranked 10th to not making the playoffs is a big issue. Coaching is to blame, effort is to blame, execution is to blame. So many factors that I don't see it fair to point a finger at one aspect.

What I didn't appreciate is the total cleaning house of assistants. They let go of some really good coaches who have bright futures. I know you start over with new assistants in a coaching change but I can say a few should of been given a chance to prove their worth to the program. And what really burned me up was not letting the staff or at least Anderson address the kids. That was not right.

Hopefully they can find the right fit, they still have a very talented roster but I won't be surprised if a handful of kids transfer. Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by Smithers View Post

Thought it was an odd "goodbye". Sounds like a defense against future allegations of wrongdoing.
      It felt like he was taking a shot at the school to me - but maybe he wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        It is a hilarious goodbye letter. My favorite part is the "no major NCAA violations or misconduct"

Congrats on following the rules!

https://twitter.com/CooCoachA/status..._fmDsFkow&s=19
        The adjective "major" could make one think there were NCAA violations that occurred that were "minor."

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

The adjective "major" could make one think there were NCAA violations that occurred that were "minor."
          Thought the same thing, at the end of the day whatever occurred that might have triggered the change will come out in the wash. USFIllini said it best seems like the AD and Anderson werent a cohesive unit. Saying his family sacrificed for the success of the team is also bizarre. I get what he is trying to say but putting it on in a public forum is odd. I feel the AD has someone lined up and this was a pushout type deal. Will be interested to see what comes to light in the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Thought the same thing, at the end of the day whatever occurred that might have triggered the change will come out in the wash. USFIllini said it best seems like the AD and Anderson werent a cohesive unit. Saying his family sacrificed for the success of the team is also bizarre. I get what he is trying to say but putting it on in a public forum is odd. I feel the AD has someone lined up and this was a pushout type deal. Will be interested to see what comes to light in the next week or so.
            His son was involved in a really bad accident a few years ago, he really didnt miss much coaching time so I figured that is what he was talking about

Comment

Hard to follow up after a charismatic coach in Jed Stugart who won big and sang his own country songs. He really recruited well especially in Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
                I feel the AD has someone lined up and this was a pushout type deal. Will be interested to see what comes to light in the next week or so.
                Will be curious to see who Gohl has in mind...does she pull from her MSU connections?

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
                  What I didn't appreciate is the total cleaning house of assistants. They let go of some really good coaches who have bright futures. I know you start over with new assistants in a coaching change but I can say a few should of been given a chance to prove their worth to the program. And what really burned me up was not letting the staff or at least Anderson address the kids. That was not right.
                  In most cases it is to allow a new coach to bring in their own people- it makes for an easier transition. It seems to me that players have more loyalty to their position coaches than they do the head coach- if the assistants go somewhere the players may or not follow due to their own situation.

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post

His son was involved in a really bad accident a few years ago, he really didnt miss much coaching time so I figured that is what he was talking about
                    I did not know this. Thats terrible, no one deserves to go through that. Hopefully he is doing better. Heres to hoping he succeeds at his next stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Will be curious to see who Gohl has in mind...does she pull from her MSU connections?
                      I have no clue the inner workings of alums or boosters/fans but straying from the NAIA power connections could ruffle feathers

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        Hard to follow up after a charismatic coach in Jed Stugart who won big and sang his own country songs. He really recruited well especially in Colorado.
                        If singing is a part of the job description, maybe Mr. Hansen would be interested?

Take It To The Top (Brian Hansen & Morten Andersen) 1985 - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          I’m not sure what all connections she has at MSU anymore. I feel ashamed that I had forgotten she’s the AD at Sioux Falls…

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I’m not sure what all connections she has at MSU anymore. I feel ashamed that I had forgotten she’s the AD at Sioux Falls…
                            I always talk to her when I see her at the Pentagon. Usually talk to Butch Raymond there too- I had him for Basketball Theory in grad school.

I hope that they don't go after Glo...........

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              I hope that they don't go after Glo...........
                              That was the one name I had in mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
                                Benedetto's brother just won the AAA HS championship.........no one really challenge them all season...........Maybe both of them?
                                If Mark Benedetto can name a building after himself on the USF campus why shouldn't the football team have two Benedettos in charge?!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X