Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guest69 View Post

So he’s married to Dana Dykhouse’s daughter, which makes him want to leave his (and her) alma mater?
    Have no idea. He coached at USF and liked it. Problem pays more. But I'm not the one who said he's the leader in the clubhouse.

Comment

• 12 candidates to be USF football's next head coach (argusleader.com)

Good article from Matt Zimmer of the Argus Leader. Has deep knowledge of the program. Specifically states some of these candidates are pipe dreams. I would love it if USF smartened up this time and reach out to the stud that is Tremaine Jackson. I dont know what Valdosta is paying him, but youd have to think thats a more attractive position for head coach. Top 5 d2 program, in the south with great weather; and top recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by tman28 View Post
        12 candidates to be USF football's next head coach (argusleader.com)

Good article from Matt Zimmer of the Argus Leader. Has deep knowledge of the program. Specifically states some of these candidates are pipe dreams. I would love it if USF smartened up this time and reach out to the stud that is Tremaine Jackson. I dont know what Valdosta is paying him, but youd have to think thats a more attractive position for head coach. Top 5 d2 program, in the south with great weather; and top recruits.
        Valdosta would let you have him. Not a lot of love for him down there after his record this year.

Comment

• As someone who knows absolutely nothing about USF, and who cheers for the rival school in Sioux Falls, my opinion is highly suspect, but here it comes anyway...

Seems like USF has had significant success with its ground-based offense, but not enough to propel it to the heights to which it expects to reach. Also appears that the defense was less of a problem this year than the offense. So that being said, why would USF turn around and hire an HC (and presumably the remainder of the staff) who is a defense-first kind of guy? From what I can tell, the CEO model of Head Coaching works in the NSIC. But in the article, it is definitely defensive-heavy, even with the current Head Coaches.

Seems the dilemma is that you have already recruited a certain type of player for offense and now you must determine if you want to stick with the ground attack, revamp a majority of the offensive roster to be more balanced or even go full on Air-Raid. But doesn't seem like the defense is the issue.

Again as a newbie to NSIC football, it appears that USF is the most run-heavy team in the conference. That can be both a disadvantage and an advantage.

End of the day, as long as they leave the Augie staff alone I am fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Valdosta would let you have him. Not a lot of love for him down there after his record this year.
            Eh. its his first year in a very tough conference. But thats what high expectations will do for you. Had a great 1 year ay CM before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WPHB View Post
              As someone who knows absolutely nothing about USF, and who cheers for the rival school in Sioux Falls, my opinion is highly suspect, but here it comes anyway...

Seems like USF has had significant success with its ground-based offense, but not enough to propel it to the heights to which it expects to reach. Also appears that the defense was less of a problem this year than the offense. So that being said, why would USF turn around and hire an HC (and presumably the remainder of the staff) who is a defense-first kind of guy? From what I can tell, the CEO model of Head Coaching works in the NSIC. But in the article, it is definitely defensive-heavy, even with the current Head Coaches.

Seems the dilemma is that you have already recruited a certain type of player for offense and now you must determine if you want to stick with the ground attack, revamp a majority of the offensive roster to be more balanced or even go full on Air-Raid. But doesn't seem like the defense is the issue.

Again as a newbie to NSIC football, it appears that USF is the most run-heavy team in the conference. That can be both a disadvantage and an advantage.

End of the day, as long as they leave the Augie staff alone I am fine.
              I agree here. We need a high level QB imo. I loved the versatility, confidence, athleticism and arm of Caden Walters. Perfect type of QB that works with the ground grater offensive line and running game. The Transfer of Landon Freeman hurts a lot for next year as it is.

Comment

• https://www.keloland.com/sports/usf-...ootball-coach/

The Coo is seemingly looking at folks who've been a part of the Bob Young coaching tree..as their first option = keep things the Coo way, etc.

Then from there outsides candidates. I will drop some names in our pod this week..but I think the mix from Zim isn't bad..maybe add a few young NAIA head coaches also who are doing really well also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                  https://www.keloland.com/sports/usf-...ootball-coach/

The Coo is seemingly looking at folks who've been a part of the Bob Young coaching tree..as their first option = keep things the Coo way, etc.

Then from there outsides candidates. I will drop some names in our pod this week..but I think the mix from Zim isn't bad..maybe add a few young NAIA head coaches also who are doing really well also.
                  Any insight then, as to what the change the direction of the program meant? That doesn’t seem to match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Any insight then, as to what the change the direction of the program meant? That doesn’t seem to match.
                    A new direction to an old destination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

A new direction to an old destination.
                      Sounds like Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who- "Meet the new boss same as the old boss"

Comment

• Whether or not they are interested in new coaching bloodlines in the system, two parts of the Keloland article stuck out to me.....wins are about more than athletic records, but also encompassing teaching young men to be productive in the world AND that they were placing a very short window of time on themselves to get the hire made.

As to the first part, cannot imagine anyone disagreeing with that point, but has that been a problem for USF previously?

As to the second point, putting such an artificially short deadline on a coaching hire seems like desperation. USF appears to be a really good athletic program with a good tradition and good kids. Would hate for them to take steps backward just to satisfy a timeline that isn't really necessary. Kids transfer all the time. In and out. If you are really wanting to build a program of good men teaching others to be good men, then why not take your time and be sure you get the right folks? Or do they already know who they want?

Comment

• My hunch is USF wouldn't have fired Anderson if they didn't already have his replacement ready to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                            My hunch is USF wouldn't have fired Anderson if they didn't already have his replacement ready to go.
                            This. But it would kind of suck being the USF head football coach. Huge coaching tree out there. It is very likely that the person replacing you if you are let go, is someone you know well. That's not even including the local SF coaches like Lobien or Meech. It's crazy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X