Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your team's record when you were in college?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post

That 1996 season must have been a blast.
    It was. Along with the 2006, 2008 and 2009 national championship seasons.

2007 and 2010 were also a blast right up until Carroll College beat us in the championship games.

Comment

Speaking of national title campaigns, I feel like UMD grads who attended from 2008-2012 had it maybe the best? Two national titles in FB, plus the 2011 hockey championship in the Frozen Four. They also earned two national titles in women's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
        Speaking of national title campaigns, I feel like UMD grads who attended from 2008-2012 had it maybe the best? Two national titles in FB, plus the 2011 hockey championship in the Frozen Four. They also earned two national titles in women's hockey.
        Volleyball also spent 4 weeks in that timeframe at #1, FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I don't remember how many home games they had that particular season, but all the home games during my 14 years of school were played at Howard Wood. McEneany field was only for about three years prior to the Bob opening in 2006.
          I found the schedule from 1996 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_S..._football_team
          Last edited by cougar1997; 08-29-2022, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cougar1997 View Post
            Interesting. I forgot about the Dakota Dome games. I went down to one of those in 1987.

For some reason I managed to miss them playing in Beresford and Lennox. Granted I didn't follow the football team as close then as I do now.

Comment

Mustangs 1990 8-3 1991 9-1 1992 6-3-1 1993 4-6 overall 27-13-1 probably the best 4 year run in Mustangs history - those were some fun games (also 2-0 vs Augie)

Huskers 1994-1997 3 National Championships and 1996 was a loss to Jake Plummer otherwise great 1994 13-0 1995 12-0 1996 11-2 1997 13-0 4 years 49-2 greatest run in CFB history and the best team ever in 1995 . Yes that was fun compared to the Scott Frost Era...

Comment

I attended USF from fall of 1987 to spring of 2001 (Yes, you read that right. I'm a slow learner.)

1987: 3-7
                1988: 9-1-1
                1989: 7-2-1
                1990: 6-4
                1991: 5-5
                1992: 5-5
                1993: 2-8
                1994: 8-3
                1995: 11-1
                1996: 14-0 (National Championship)
                1997: 11-2
                1998: 8-3
                1999: 6-3
                2000: 6-4

Total: 101-48-2

That took some digging. They were in three different conferences during that time period.
                congrats on going to college for that long -- goals

college was a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  I was in school for most of the Eidsness era at Southwest

2006 4-7 (3-5 NSIC)
                  2007 2-9 (2-7 NSIC)
                  2008 6-5 (6-4 NSIC)
                  2009 5-6 (4-6 NSIC)
                  2010 4-7 (3-7 NSIC)
                  pretty good coach and fun era and respectable teams with very small budgets and scholarship numbers. Eric was a great guy and good coach.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                    Mustangs 1990 8-3 1991 9-1 1992 6-3-1 1993 4-6 overall 27-13-1 probably the best 4 year run in Mustangs history - those were some fun games (also 2-0 vs Augie)

Huskers 1994-1997 3 National Championships and 1996 was a loss to Jake Plummer otherwise great 1994 13-0 1995 12-0 1996 11-2 1997 13-0 4 years 49-2 greatest run in CFB history and the best team ever in 1995 . Yes that was fun compared to the Scott Frost Era...
                    also enjoying life and drinking beer and whiskey for 8 years as a poor college kid without a care in the world is underated

Comment

congrats on going to college for that long -- goals

college was a lot of fun
                      My first year of college was a lot of fun. Which is why I managed to fail academically in a most spectacular fashion.

Then I went and did things backwards. I went out and landed the job first, then went back to school part time to get the degree. I took a class or two each semester which meant it took forever to finally graduate, but it also allowed me to pay as I went and graduate debt free.

Thirteen years of part-time school while working full time and living off campus didn't give me the traditional college experience.
                      Last edited by Tundra_Man; 08-29-2022, 09:18 PM.

Comment

also enjoying life and drinking beer and whiskey for 8 years as a poor college kid without a care in the world is underated
                        We made a pyramid or "beermid" if you will in our living room window senior year. We lived in an on campus apartment and our 4th floor window faced the main walking path. You could see the beer can outline from a long ways away.

Comment

Originally posted by WhyNotMinot View Post
                          I went to Lake Superior State University. Our motto was "LSSU Football, undefeated since 1946"

Our hockey team was pretty solid back then though.
                          Lake State hockey in the early to mid 90s was awesome. A small public school- smaller than a lot of privates playing hockey- won national championships and produced some NHL stars.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Lake State hockey in the early to mid 90s was awesome. A small public school- smaller than a lot of privates playing hockey- won national championships and produced some NHL stars.
                            I was there for the 92-94 teams that put up a couple of National Champion banners. The core of that team, along with a young Jeff Jackson at the helm achieved amazing things for such a small school.

Comment

My first year of college was a lot of fun. Which is why I managed to fail academically in a most spectacular fashion.

Then I went and did things backwards. I went out and landed the job first, then went back to school part time to get the degree. I took a class or two each semester which meant it took forever to finally graduate, but it also allowed me to pay as I went and graduate debt free.

Thirteen years of part-time school while working full time and living off campus didn't give me the traditional college experience.
                              Nothing wrong with that. I came out of HS knowing that I wouldn't handle the full course load of a college student. Lived at home my first year, did the PT thing for a while until I got my AA. At that point I earned acceptance to the Big U, but took a look around and decided to stay in Marshall. Took some work but I transitioned to FT by the end and got to have a little of the traditional college experience.

In some sense I feel like I overstayed my welcome, in another sense - not having $50,000 in debt has been a lifesaver financially.

Comment

This will be ugly

1997: 3-7
                                1998: 1-10
                                1999: 3-8 (3-5)
                                2000: 2-8 (1-7)

Total: 9-33 (4-12)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X