Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Friendly reminder, http://nsicscores.com is wonderful for NSIC fans.
    *sometimes

Comment

Good for Wayne. Wolves didn't capitalize on anything

Comment

USF shut out Minot 34-0. I was at the Bob to watch. It was a good day to be a Cougar.

First shutout USF has gotten since Mary in 2019.

Comment

What happened at the end of the Bemidji @ Augie game? I was watching the scoreboard and Bemidji was down by a touchdown with two minutes left and had the ball. The next time I checked they had lost by one point, which makes me think either they missed an extra point to not get the tie, or they went for the win but didn't get the conversion.

Comment

Bemidji lost 29-30 and almost pulled if off in the end. They were let down by a pick 6 and measly 40 yards rushing. Augustana had a more balanced attack with 161 rush yards, still I expect the Beavers will win a minimum of 7 games, they're a good team with 2 close losses. Went to game a visited with my big buddy Witt!

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
              What happened at the end of the Bemidji @ Augie game? I was watching the scoreboard and Bemidji was down by a touchdown with two minutes left and had the ball. The next time I checked they had lost by one point, which makes me think either they missed an extra point to not get the tie, or they went for the win but didn't get the conversion.
              Failed to convert the 2-point conversion. It was close.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Failed to convert the 2-point conversion. It was close.
                Thanks.

Comment

I'm glad that the Mavs won- the trip home was long enough in the dark. Fortunately I was given the winning brat in the parking lot before the game. Victory tastes delicious, defeat is bitter.

Huge punt return for a TD. After the Mavs hit Janice Ian on the scoreboard they went more conservative than Prince Metternich of Austria. Defense made a number of stops to pull out the win. Almost 6000 people at the Blake on a beautiful evening with a full moon. All in all, a good day. And night.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    I'm glad that the Mavs won- the trip home was long enough in the dark. Fortunately I was given the winning brat in the parking lot before the game. Victory tastes delicious, defeat is bitter.

Huge punt return for a TD. After the Mavs hit Janice Ian on the scoreboard they went more conservative than Prince Metternich of Austria. Defense made a number of stops to pull out the win. Almost 6000 people at the Blake on a beautiful evening with a full moon. All in all, a good day. And night.
                    I thought the Bulldogs were atrocious. Credit to the Mavs for taking advantage of a lot of Bulldog mistakes, but I was thoroughly unimpressed with both teams during the game.

Also, I won’t go too hard on the broadcast as I am sure it was students and/or volunteers doing their very best to allow me to watch a D2 football game on TV for free, so I appreciate all of their efforts. One thing that was amusing, however, was that they were having one hell of a time with the score bug. It wasn’t on screen for most of the first half, then appeared with the scores flipped. Once they got the Bulldog score squared away, they kept goofing up the Maverick score. I think what was happening was that they were try to change down and distance and accidentally changing the score instead. It was a source of constant amusement for my whole family. One piece of constructive criticism I’ll give is to change/speed up the replay transitions. They had this Landcow head that would appear on screen, do a 360 spin, get an extreme close up, then fall away. It was a little obnoxious, but the main problem was that it took FOREVER and happened both coming in and going out of replay. They were countless plays that we missed part or all of because the Landcow head was still on the screen. They need to find a much faster transition in and out of replays. That said, again I appreciate that we live in a time where D2 sports can be viewed on TV/streaming at all.
                    Last edited by HumRsky; 09-11-2022, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Agree UMD looked pretty bad yesterday. This game could have been far worse as I counted at least 5 balls that Graetz threw to defenders and they dropped. UMD couldnt do anything with their passing game so it was inevitable at the end they wouldnt be able to drive the field. They tried to mix it up bringing Walljasper in at QB but they only had him running the ball so it didnt take long for the Mavs to figure that out (although he was the leading UMD rusher).

Concerns going into next week (which should be a great bounceback game against UI):
                      • Carmickle left early in the game and was on the sideline with no helmet. Hopefully it isnt too serious and he will return.
                      • Graetz has got to play better. Not sure how long Olson is out for but they either need to open the playbook for Walljasper or bring Olson back at QB1. Graetz is not the same player from last year.
                      • Defense has to play better. UMD continued to struggle getting off the field. Mavs were picking them apart in the air.
                      • Penalties need to be cleaned up
                      • Be ready. I believe the Dogs wasted two timeouts in the game because they didnt have personnel ready or had the wrong guys on the field. It's week 2 in maybe their biggest game of the year those TO's are too valuable
                      • Tackle. How many missed tackles this week??? The return TD had at least 3 missed tackles and that TD was the difference in the game. Maybe they need to get a little more physical in practice. They have been the less physical team two weeks in a row.
                      Now the Dogs need to win out to make sure the make the playoffs

Comment

A little surprising that after week 2 Bemidji is already in the position of hoping the MWB is reinstated.

Comment

Awesome job by vikes qb2. Best qb play I've seen in the Nsic in a while. I know a lot of people get excited about the big stat guys that throw the ball up for anyone to catch but they don't win in the end. This is the kind of composure and awareness and accuracy you need.

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post

I thought the Bulldogs were atrocious. Credit to the Mavs for taking advantage of a lot of Bulldog mistakes, but I was thoroughly unimpressed with both teams during the game.

Also, I won’t go too hard on the broadcast as I am sure it was students and/or volunteers doing their very best to allow me to watch a D2 football game on TV for free, so I appreciate all of their efforts. One thing that was amusing, however, was that they were having one hell of a time with the score bug. It wasn’t on screen for most of the first half, then appeared with the scores flipped. Once they got the Bulldog score squared away, they kept goofing up the Maverick score. I think what was happening was that they were try to change down and distance and accidentally changing the score instead. It was a source of constant amusement for my whole family. One piece of constructive criticism I’ll give is to change/speed up the replay transitions. They had this Landcow head that would appear on screen, do a 360 spin, get an extreme close up, then fall away. It was a little obnoxious, but the main problem was that it took FOREVER and happened both coming in and going out of replay. They were countless plays that we missed part or all of because the Landcow head was still on the screen. They need to find a much faster transition in and out of replays. That said, again I appreciate that we live in a time where D2 sports can be viewed on TV/streaming at all.
                            That may have been the most entertaining part of the whole game. It became a bit of a drinking game, every minute the game info display was actually 100% correct, take a drink. At one point, the clock had 10 extra minutes for quite some time. And the score was 4-3 or something like that. The PXP guy was the SID. Not his normal role.

MSU has a ton of team speed, especially on D. They aren’t pretty on offense at all, but that D is starting to figure it out. Vaval would have 2 punt return TDs this year if he didn’t fumble on the 2 after taking it back 65+ against Bemidji. He’s got elite speed and was all over the field against Duluth. But I believe he is one of the guilty parties that dropped a pick. Must be why he’s on defense…

Comment

I wouldn't say this about any other opponent, but Augie yielding only 29 points to Bemidji is a victory of sorts. The Beavers' passing game is so surgical. I think their coach should pick a game on the schedule and throw the ball on every down of the game and see what happens, at least for a half.

Alt is easily the best QB in the conference, and Beaulieu's combination of size and athleticism makes him almost impossible to defend.

I know Bemidji is 0-2, but they should be favorites in all of their remaining games. Could still make the playoffs.

Comment

Methodical win by the Coo on Saturday. Glad I got to catch the 2nd half. Ugly at times but USF was committed to controlling the line of scrimmage and draining the clock. I expect them to take care of business in St. Paul next week before the schedule steps up dramatically.

Not sure what it's going to take or to build something competitive at Minot in the NSIC. They looked.... not good. 88 yards of total offense and only 8 first downs on the day. Props the Coo defense but that was brutal for the Beavers.
                                4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                                2016 NSIC Champions
                                🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X