Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
    I wouldn't say this about any other opponent, but Augie yielding only 29 points to Bemidji is a victory of sorts. The Beavers' passing game is so surgical. I think their coach should pick a game on the schedule and throw the ball on every down of the game and see what happens, at least for a half.

Alt is easily the best QB in the conference, and Beaulieu's combination of size and athleticism makes him almost impossible to defend.

I know Bemidji is 0-2, but they should be favorites in all of their remaining games. Could still make the playoffs.
    I was wondering why they were trying to run quite so much in the first half also. They had 15 carries for 12 yards gained..a few times running on back to back plays, before punting. Augie is a top team against the run..not to mentioned BSU couldn't run against Mankato a week ago anyway. Maybe run the ball about once out of every 5-6 plays..or less..just to keep the idea out there that you might..and I don't mean bringing in 17 at QB, because that makes the playcall obvious.

I bet BSU targeted Beaulieu (#19) at least 20 times on Saturday. He caught 12 balls but had an equal amount thrown his way that Augie disrupted. They were very physical with him..to the point it felt like they didn't mind if they got a PI..as long as they were able to disrupt the process. The refs let the teams play in what was a very physical contest. There's a rivalry that's bubbled up from these games they've played....4x in the last 3 season..with the teams splitting the results.

I will speak more about the MSU vs UMD tilt on the pod. Interesting first quarter. After that..no so interesting. Mavs are 2-0 though.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      Bemidji lost 29-30 and almost pulled if off in the end. They were let down by a pick 6 and measly 40 yards rushing. Augustana had a more balanced attack with 161 rush yards, still I expect the Beavers will win a minimum of 7 games, they're a good team with 2 close losses. Went to game a visited with my big buddy Witt!
      Great seeing my dude Mike at the game. Got to take a pic before kickoff and then I came up at halftime and visited, only to find he was hittin the sauce a bit..this was not chocolate milk but instead he was having a nice beer. I immediately got a little jealous. Couldn't have been a nicer day at the KO..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8889.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	693574

Comment

Name:	IMG_8902C.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	693581

Here he is....sitting at midfield with a beer, watching his Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Great seeing my dude Mike at the game. Got to take a pic before kickoff and then I came up at halftime and visited, only to find he was hittin the sauce a bit..this was not chocolate milk but instead he was having a nice beer. I immediately got a little jealous. Couldn't have been a nicer day at the KO..
          Gasp!

Comment

Witt is famous wherever he goes :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
              Witt is famous wherever he goes :)
              He's even got his own Youtube show now!

Comment

Crazy stat from Saturday night in Marshall.

SMSU had a 7-0 lead with 11:38 in the 1st. From that point until 1:38 in the first (a 10-minute span), CSP had 23 plays for 100 yards, while SMSU had 1 play for an INT. That stretch could have really swung the momentum, but CSP scored just 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Name:	IMG_8902C.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	693581

Here he is....sitting at midfield with a beer, watching his Vikings.
                  My first libation in 4 years, a pint of IPA and I felt it. Made friends with that cute girl to the right of me.If only I was 40 years younger......Was great to hang with the Witt.

Comment

My first libation in 4 years, a pint of IPA and I felt it. Made friends with that cute girl to the right of me.If only I was 40 years younger......Was great to hang with the Witt.
                    Thanks incredible, thanks for sharing, what its all about. Time to get the sweaters out for next week.

Comment

great stuff

Comment

VikingFaithful,

I need one of those hats! That gold looks sharp. Will look for one when I go to my first Augie game on October 1st!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X