Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witt and Tom - Week 3..

Here's another episode of me arguing with the dummy..we talk stadiums and games..

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week-three-preview/

Another awesome episode. Bonus points for using the word "bumfuzzled."

Comment

If you watch Seinfeld, you might think that Witt is an anti-dentite.

I really liked the stadium rankings- comparing a fan's view compared to a broadcaster's view. Both 1-2-3 picks were the same.

Time for MSU to build a new stadium and learn from both the good and bad points of the others.

Well worth the listen.

Comment

I wouldn't do anything well either getting of Willy Nelson's tour bus. Really dig the podcast, lots of good information.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          I wouldn't do anything well either getting off Willy Nelson's tour bus.
          Agreed, but I would give it the old college try.

Comment

I don't know if top five but the view of the lake on a sunny fall day makes Bemidji State's stadium a pretty nice venue.

I haven't been to many other NSIC stadiums, but from what I've seen on tv, Augustana's looks the best. As for MSUM's, it looks a lot better since it had new turf installed. I'd love it if they made the track red, too, and installed a new scoreboard with a videoboard included. It's nice that the stadium is right next to the fieldhouse, though, concessions and rest rooms are all located inside there.

Comment

I will defend the trailers at The Bob.

Unsightly? Absolutely. But like pink locker rooms, chalk it up to a homefield advantage. If they were good enough for us as actual locker rooms for nearly a decade, they're good enough for the visiting teams. Hopefully the single toilet got fixed. If not, too bad.
              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                I will defend the trailers at The Bob.

Unsightly? Absolutely. But like pink locker rooms, chalk it up to a homefield advantage. If they were good enough for us as actual locker rooms for nearly a decade, they're good enough for the visiting teams. Hopefully the single toilet got fixed. If not, too bad.
                Not sure this is a good hill to die on..but I will let you defend it.

Bemidji has an outstanding view. That might be the beginning and end of it's attributes when comparing it to the newer stadiums. No track tho.

Moorhead has that Scheels in red on the field in such a prominent way that it kinda triggers me..and a track (fans all the further back from the action)..but otherwise I do like the newer touches with that stadium.

Others had slight drawbacks that kept them from the top 5....UMD with the coaches/press spaces that have space for 1.5 people instead of 2 standing side-by-side (a complaint by any coach or media about the place)..and the track....but I really like the look of the home side with the national championship info displayed and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                  Not sure this is a good hill to die on..but I will let you defend it.
                  Technically there is a fence separating the trailers from the field. An argument could be made they're not part of the stadium at all and therefore irrelevant to your placing 😉But I have no qualms about that. 3rd is totally fair.

Maybe someday like Laker and his bathroom at the Blake, I'll have money to donate to put up the long ago proposed fieldhouse there.

2016 NSIC Champions
                  🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Is Husky Stadium still eligible for the list? I don't remember if you ever specifically said football stadiums, or if futbol stadiums are also eligible....

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Is Husky Stadium still eligible for the list? I don't remember if you ever specifically said football stadiums, or if futbol stadiums are also eligible....
                      If so I still leave Crookston at the bottom.

Comment

Although I've never been to Mankato, judging by the many comments regarding the Blake I was also "bumfuzzled" by Tom's inclusion of Mankato in his list. Especially when his ranking is followed by "they need to blow the press box up". I'm sure USF's 2 wins in some good games at the Blake didn't taint Tom's rankings in any way. Great program, great teams...not a good stadium.

No surprise NSU, Augie, and USF topped the list being the newer stadiums in the league. I also don't think too many in Aberdeen will be upset with Witt's assertion that The Bank is "only" a top 5 D2 stadium in the country. That's pretty high praise and I'm sure there are a couple others out there that are very nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

If so I still leave Crookston at the bottom.
                          I think the logo at the 45-yard line instead of the 50 should actually move it up a spot!
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                            Although I've never been to Mankato, judging by the many comments regarding the Blake I was also "bumfuzzled" by Tom's inclusion of Mankato in his list. Especially when his ranking is followed by "they need to blow the press box up". I'm sure USF's 2 wins in some good games at the Blake didn't taint Tom's rankings in any way. Great program, great teams...not a good stadium.

No surprise NSU, Augie, and USF topped the list being the newer stadiums in the league. I also don't think too many in Aberdeen will be upset with Witt's assertion that The Bank is "only" a top 5 D2 stadium in the country. That's pretty high praise and I'm sure there are a couple others out there that are very nice as well.
                            Even St Cloud fans said that there is no better place to be on top of the action. I could list the same drawbacks as Tom did about the Blake- it needs to be replaced, plain and simple. But if you have walked on the grass field- and the grounds crews are absolute pros- and sat where I sit in front of the press box- you would see why he put it where he did. My rankings would be like Witt's from a fan's view rather than a broadcaster. I rank Southwest high but a broadcaster has to do the game from a goal line. I also have to say that the Blake "looks" like a college stadium. Too many places ignore the visitor's side- you have a penthouse on one side and an outhouse on the other, like at Concordia.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Even St Cloud fans said that there is no better place to be on top of the action. I could list the same drawbacks as Tom did about the Blake- it needs to be replaced, plain and simple. But if you have walked on the grass field- and the grounds crews are absolute pros- and sat where I sit in front of the press box- you would see why he put it where he did. My rankings would be like Witt's from a fan's view rather than a broadcaster. I rank Southwest high but a broadcaster has to do the game from a goal line. I also have to say that the Blake "looks" like a college stadium. Too many places ignore the visitor's side- you have a penthouse on one side and an outhouse on the other, like at Concordia.
                              I agree, I think the field looks great. I've only ever seen it on TV and I think the stadium looks like one of the better in the league due to the actual playing surface and the stands on the opposite side. Like Witt mentioned, that is maybe the one negative about Dacotah Bank Stadium. The visitor side looks like a high school. I also expect another scoreboard to be mounted on the side of the Barnett Center at some point as well but the big video board gives you what you need.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X