Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - NDSCS's 49-y/o Lineman

Pretty interesting story from WaPo about North Dakota Science's 49 year old D-Lineman. Sharing as this is in NSIC territory - I think it's pretty cool!

Ray Ruschel plays college football in North Dakota at age 49 - The Washington Post

In case that's a paywall article - here's a local story:

‘If I had the chance and didn’t take it, I would regret it’; 49-year-old Freshman joins NDSCS Football team (kfyrtv.com)

Cool story.

I have a close friend who played semi-pro football into his late 40s. He was an offensive lineman. Now he's in his early 50s and he says he misses his playing days. He's filling the gap by helping to coach the offensive line of the Sioux Falls Snow Leopards women's developmental team.

Unfortunately, he's also battling cancer. He's about 175 pounds lighter than he was when he was playing. In looking at him now you would never have guessed that just a few years ago he was an OL.

Comment

Really cool story. NDSCS has a good program. I lived in Wahpeton a few years after college in my first job, it's a nice small town and they show a lot of support for the college. Also, someone could probably mistake NDSCS for a four-year school.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
        Really cool story. NDSCS has a good program. I lived in Wahpeton a few years after college in my first job, it's a nice small town and they show a lot of support for the college. Also, someone could probably mistake NDSCS for a four-year school.
        They are a good school to boot. It's cool that they have their own football stadium - which for a JUCO in the Midwest is pretty impressive.

I suppose the high school uses it too, but I think it's Science's field - usually it's flipped around.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

They are a good school to boot. It's cool that they have their own football stadium - which for a JUCO in the Midwest is pretty impressive.

I suppose the high school uses it too, but I think it's Science's field - usually it's flipped around.
          Yep, it's NDSCS' stadium that Wahpeton high school uses. They have nice facilities, big campus. The city holds a homecoming parade for them, too.

Comment

See laker, it's never too late!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X