Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 Chat

"Until you beat them, you're just another team," Schmidt said. - Aberdeen News

I couldn't agree more with Coach Schmidt on his comments for tomorrow's game with Mankato. Northern has aspirations to compete with the big dogs in the conference and that needs to start now. If not, the Wolves could be looking down the barrel of a 1-3 start...or worse. With Ekern and Sleezer out for Mankato I don't know that the Mavs have the firepower to blow out NSU's much improved defense. I just don't know if the Wolves have the capability to score 10 points in this game. Turnovers and other miscues undid NSU against a solid Wayne team last weekend, and if the Wolves play like that again this one won't be close.

Bummed I won't be able to watch the Coo @ Concordia. It's a night game, and I have obligations every Saturday night. Hopefully I can get home and catch the last few minutes, and hopefully I'm tuning in to see a Coo victory.

Comment

It's crazy how young the Mankato offense is on the 2-deep for this game: 4 SR, 1 JR, 13 SO, 4 FR. I realize at this point a sophomore could mean 3 or 4 years in school but still.

Comment

Time to try to shock the world. Fingers crossed for an upset, even though I know it's a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
          Time to try to shock the world. Fingers crossed for an upset, even though I know it's a long shot.
          I think you might be sandbagging a little. This wouldn't be Crookston beating Northwest Missouri State or something. Augie is solid this year, but they haven't exactly been dominant so far this season.

Comment

Agree....there isn't a fire-breathing dragon in the NSIC this year..given what we've seen so far.

I've got a feeling Mankato might try and take a TE (like #28) and get him more involved in carries for the offense this week..as the running back room looked not great in their 2 games so far, after Sleezer getting hurt. I just don't think they can run the QB nearly 30x again at Northern. I'm guessing you'll see Mankato pass a little more this time around. Hard to tell how much the NSU D has improved just yet..as they've played vs UIU and Wayne..who aren't prolific offenses. Both squads have looked sluggish on offense..got a feeling that'll be the overall theme at The Bank....offensive execution.

Comment

Mavericks prepare to take winning streak on the road against Northern State (keyc.com)

Comment

I'm interest this week to see if any of the top teams can put together a full good game. From what I've seen/read it doesn't sound like any have, with possible exception of Sioux Falls. Correct me where I'm wrong, just going by what I've seen/heard

1. AU - vs CSP, AU defense was pretty good, offense couldn't get a passing game going and gave up on it since run was working. vs BSU neither D nor O looked great and could have won by a few scores without all the mistakes.
                2. MSU Mankato - vs BSU, MSU capitalized on turnovers. vs. UMD reports were neither team played a very good game.
                3. UMD - went toe to toe with SMSU. vs MSU reports were neither team played a very good game.
                4. BSU - fumbles and interceptions are just as likely as TDs. But if to fix that they need to be more cautious in the pass game which will likely lower production there too.
                5. Sioux Falls, Winona, and Wayne are all undefeated but have yet to play traditional "Top Tier" teams.

If these teams keep playing this way, they are all ripe for upsets.

This week, I'm most interested in Winona vs BSU. SF vs CSP will be interesting as a common opponent to AU. MSU vs. Northern could be an upset. A solid win for MSU would show strength.

Comment

BSU's homecoming tradition over the years
                  https://twitter.com/ChazMootzTV/stat...P858aXVZA&s=19
                  Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                    Agree....there isn't a fire-breathing dragon in the NSIC this year..given what we've seen so far.

I've got a feeling Mankato might try and take a TE (like #28) and get him more involved in carries for the offense this week..as the running back room looked not great in their 2 games so far, after Sleezer getting hurt. I just don't think they can run the QB nearly 30x again at Northern. I'm guessing you'll see Mankato pass a little more this time around. Hard to tell how much the NSU D has improved just yet..as they've played vs UIU and Wayne..who aren't prolific offenses. Both squads have looked sluggish on offense..got a feeling that'll be the overall theme at The Bank....offensive execution.
                    I think we may see some Cunningham at QB this week as well. If so, then expect to see a similar QB rushing attack. If he ends up not getting time, then agree with above. Mavs are missing a big time back

Comment

That really is a giant red Scheels logo on MSUM's field. Just saw it on NSIC Network, and I can see how that might trigger someone.

Comment

HUGE improvement on the passing game for SMSU. Wow.

Comment

Mary makes a big comeback but falls short - Underwood with win #2.

Jesse Sherwood with the 14th 200-yd rushing game in SMSU history.

Comment

WSC picks up a 49-10 win over Minot State

Comment

Wow.... The Mavs down 20-Zip to the Wolves early 3rd Qtr. Even if they come back and win, they are not back to the team we all used to fear.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X