Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Wow.... The Mavs down 20-Zip to the Wolves early 3rd Qtr. Even if they come back and win, they are not back to the team we all used to fear.
    They looked strong against Duluth for the first half last week, but petered out quickly. MSU has some rebuilding to do.

Comment

HOLY COW!!!!!

Yes, Mankato was down to their third QB. Yes, Mankato does not have its stud RB. Yes, this is not the Mankato team that has dominated the NSIC since they joined the conference. Yes, NSU was up 23-0 in the 4th quarter and barely hung on by the skin of their Wolf teeth.

I. DON’T. CARE.

That was a HUGE win for the NSU program. Beating Mankato is a monkey off the back win. They should’ve gotten over that hump last year and blew the game in Mankato. USF las year, MSU this year.

Coach Schmidt has this team pointed in the right direction and Aberdeen might be more than just a basketball town in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
        HOLY COW!!!!!

Yes, Mankato was down to their third QB. Yes, Mankato does not have its stud RB. Yes, this is not the Mankato team that has dominated the NSIC since they joined the conference. Yes, NSU was up 23-0 in the 4th quarter and barely hung on by the skin of their Wolf teeth.

I. DON’T. CARE.

That was a HUGE win for the NSU program. Beating Mankato is a monkey off the back win. They should’ve gotten over that hump last year and blew the game in Mankato. USF las year, MSU this year.

Coach Schmidt has this team pointed in the right direction and Aberdeen might be more than just a basketball town in the future.
        It really doesn't matter and is more pointless banter. But I feel if last years offense had this year defense (or vice-versa) I feel we have an NSIC title. Timing is everything in life and seemingly as hard as it get for football.

To even talk like this feels wild, but from dumpster fire to middle road to being able to talk about this kind of stuff is incredibly satisfying. So many questions about this year and the future but rosters are going to be that way which makes it tough to think ahead. But man....what a big win. We make next week happen and I'll die a happy man. Two things I'd never thought I'd see in my lifetime will have happened.

Up in the air, but possibly going to be in attendance next week. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

It really doesn't matter and is more pointless banter. But I feel if last years offense had this year defense (or vice-versa) I feel we have an NSIC title. Timing is everything in life and seemingly as hard as it get for football.
          That is one fun hypothetical, that would be a VERY good team. The offense tonight was no masterpiece but I think they are figuring some things out. I believe Madler is 100% the guy now. I think Schlicte is still growing into his role as OC. Next week is going to be a tall task, but I think NSU can make hay in the middle of the schedule.

Comment

That is one fun hypothetical, that would be a VERY good team. The offense tonight was no masterpiece but I think they are figuring some things out. I believe Madler is 100% the guy now. I think Schlicte is still growing into his role as OC. Next week is going to be a tall task, but I think NSU can make hay in the middle of the schedule.
            Good win but still very skeptical about the Wolves. Better on defense but how much better, not sure. Have not been tested at all really. Offense isn’t near what it was last year but it seems they have settled on a QB which should help.

Comment

The last two seasons have seen some low points for MSU football. Last night may have been the lowest. They were down to true freshman QB3, but that’s still a game they should win. Disappointing outcome and likely headed for another disappointing season. The back to back weeks in Sioux Falls will get out of hand if this is the team that shows up.

Comment

Only caught the first half the Coo game but a little more complete offensive game it appears and never really seemed in doubt. Way to take care of business. Schedule levels up now and the fun really begins.

Thanks for making me look smart as well Mustangs.
                4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                2016 NSIC Champions
                🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

They looked strong against Duluth for the first half last week, but petered out quickly. MSU has some rebuilding to do.
                  I wasn’t impressed with MSU in week 1 vs the Beavers, more disappointed in BSU’s offense. They basically spotted MSU 24 points on turnovers. MSU didn’t seem super good, but left with the W.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post

I wasn’t impressed with MSU in week 1 vs the Beavers, more disappointed in BSU’s offense. They basically spotted MSU 24 points on turnovers. MSU didn’t seem super good, but left with the W.
                    It’s becoming more and more evident each week that MSU sorely needs an OC. Injuries certainly don’t help, but the offense has been out of sorts for 12 quarters now.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

It’s becoming more and more evident each week that MSU sorely needs an OC. Injuries certainly don’t help, but the offense has been out of sorts for 12 quarters now.
                      Am I remembering correctly that the HC took that over? I think that is harder than some think, to try to run the team, the game strategy stuff, plus calling plays

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post

Am I remembering correctly that the HC took that over? I think that is harder than some think, to try to run the team, the game strategy stuff, plus calling plays
                        Yes. And Hoffner was an OC previously. But I agree, trying to take all that on is. It an easy ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                          Only caught the first half the Coo game but a little more complete offensive game it appears and never really seemed in doubt. Way to take care of business. Schedule levels up now and the fun really begins.

Thanks for making me look smart as well Mustangs.
                          Coo were in control from the opening drive. Ran the ball really well. They are getting nice production out of their three headed backfield of Reisdorfer, Freeman and Rudningen. Mullen had a good outing. O line opened holes and protected on the pass. Defensively they played good but sloppy at times in the second half.

Game with Duluth should show exactly where USF is at. Should be an interesting match up

Comment

The plan will be to have Larson (med-red) and Ingram (ineligible this year, hopefully eligible next year) back on the field together next year. Many of those guys on the defense have eligibility left after this year. Notably Ian Marshall, who may be the best DL in the conference. Obviously we have to focus on this year and hopefully the big win over Kato propels us forward, but in the back of my head I can't help but be excited thinking about the possibility of Larson/Ingram running together next year!

Comment

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

The plan will be to have Larson (med-red) and Ingram (ineligible this year, hopefully eligible next year) back on the field together next year. Many of those guys on the defense have eligibility left after this year. Notably Ian Marshall, who may be the best DL in the conference. Obviously we have to focus on this year and hopefully the big win over Kato propels us forward, but in the back of my head I can't help but be excited thinking about the possibility of Larson/Ingram running together next year!
                              I'm going to very much enjoy the 2022 season, but the 2023 season is looking to be very exciting as well. However, in today's college sports landscape, I think forecasting even 11 months into the future is a risky proposition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X